And Then I Saw You

Invisible

This chapter is from Taemin's POV ^^

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I walked into the new classroom of the new school that I was enrolled in. It wasn't much, the others all looking normal. All but one. She was in the back of the room, glasses, long hair in a dark and curly ponytail. She looked around like she wasn't there, like she was invisible. She would be really pretty if she just put herself out there.

Then I was directed towards the girl and the empty seat next to her. She didn't look at me, didn't bat an eye at anything that passed her by. It was like she was stuck, like she couldn't move as she just watched things happen all around her and not be able to interact with them. Her life seemed like it was in slow motion compared to everybody else. Time seemed to just stop around her. She was mesmerizing and interesting in so many ways that I couldn't stay away.

I sat down in the desk next to her. Of course she didn't look at me, just kept staring straight ahead. To get her attention, I tapped her left shoulder. She ignored it so I tapped her shoulder harder this time. The class was taking notes and the girl was just ignoring the fact that there was something going on, like she did with everything else. She responded by turning her head quickly, but she didn't look me straight in the eyes.

"Do you have a piece of paper? I left my notebook at home," I asked her. It was all a lie, I had my notebook in my bag so I had used this as an excuse to talk to her.

"N-ne," she said in a sweet voice as she dug through her bag to find a notebook with paper.

"What's your name?" I asked out of the blue, not being able to hold it in any longer.

She looked shocked at the question, like nobody had ever asked for her name before. This lonely girl that sat next to me was treated like she didn't exist, like she wasn't physically there.

"I'm Jin-Hee," she responded quietly and then turned away.

"I'm Taemin," I said with a smile. Of course she already knew that, if she was paying any attention which was unlikely. I offered her my hand to shake.

She looked at it and glanced away, finding something on her desk terribly interesting. I drew my hand away slowly, sometimes people were slow to open up to others. I understood that. She had had many troubles in her past, I could already tell. But somehow I would make it right, she was worth everything that I had to offer. This would just take a little time, and I had plenty of that.

 

 

I couldn't get her off my mind. She was so different from others. She struck me down the first time I had laid eyes on the seemingly invisble girl at the back of the classroom. Her large light brown eyes were void of life, blank and held no emotion, but that could change. She could be the prettiest girl in school, she had so much good things, but she only looked at the bad.

I was aimlessly walking, not knowing where my legs were taking me. And there she was, sprinting down the track at top speed. I couldn't help but stare, to watch as Jin-Hee flew down the track like she had wings. She had spotted me and we held the gaze as I walked away from the track and then turned a corner in the sidewalk. She had no idea of how beautiful she was and I was going to show her, even if it took me a lifetime.