Prom Night

Invisible

The night for Prom had finally arrived and taemin was supposed to be picking me up in five minutes. I stood in front of my full length mirron in my dress. My hair was curled and I had put on a little more makeup than usual. I let out a breath and spun in fron tof hte mirror, the dress spinning with my body and encircling me with its beauty.

Tonight was supposed to be one of the best nights of your life, but I wasn't really looking forward to it. I was nervous. One because I had to dance and I didn't know how to and two becasue Nara was really pissed off when Taemin had announced that he was going with me and not her.

A knock was heard on the door and I rushed to it, opening it to reveal a smiling Taemin. He was wearing a tuxedo and a pink tie to match my dress. He looked like a prince standing in front of me. We said nothing as we just stood there, admiring each other.

"Hi."

"Hey, ready to go?'

"Yeah."

We climbed itno his truck and he took off down the road to the place where Prom was being hosted. The local college had said that they would take on the challenge of hosting the big night outdoors in their large courtyard. I had been there before, it was beautiful, flowers lining the stone walk ways and a large square in the middle where all of the students hung out.

We parked in a corwded parking lot. Couples walked towards the large university in large dresses and tuxedos. They followed a path that led belind the building that was lined with lights that lit up the dimming night. We climbed out of his truck and he took my hand, leading me down the path. We crossed under and archway with white flowers decorating it before we had to smile for a picture. We entered the large courtyard where music was already blaring and lights flashed all around the dance floor. People were crowded on it, their bodies moving to the beat of the bass.

Taemin led me to the floor where we joined in the party. It was fun, dancing and it actually wasn't as hard as I thought that it would be. We stayed there for what seemed like hours dancing until an announcer came onto the speakers.

"Now is the first couple's dance of the night!"

Some people moved off the floor but Taemin and I stayed. He took me into his arms, his hands on my hips as I wrapped my arms around his neck. We were so close to each other, only a few inched apart. Our bodies swayed in slow circles to the music that was playing and when the song ended, we separated. Blaring music started again and the dance floor was crowded with people. It was hard to breathe in the hot mass.

An hour later, couples were dancing to the third song in a row. I sighed as our bodies were right aginst each other, my head placed gently on Taemin's strong chest.

Someone in a bright orange dress caught my attention. She was glaring at me while dancing with another boy. I racognized her right away, Nara. As we spun in a circle, Taemin also caught sight of her.

"Do you want to go someplace else?" He whispered in my ear.

I nodded into his chest. "This place is crowded."

He led me off the dnce floor and to his truck, we weren't the only ones leaving at the moment. I got into the passenger seat, making sure that my dress wouldnt' get caught in the door as Taemin closed it. As soon as he got in, we drove off. I stared out the window as we drove down a small country road, noticing that the moon was bright and the stars weretwinkling in the sky above.

The truck pulled to a stop. I turned my attention to where we were, staring ahead in wonder and amazement.

"Where are we?" I breathed.