My Moment

Invisible

I took in a breath as the sun beat down on me as I stood at the 100 meter starting line of the track. People crowded the bleachers and all that was heard was a huge rush of cheering. I was in the fastest heat for the 100 meter dash, lane five. I stared down the track to the finish line, that's as far as I had to go, just sprint my heart out for 100 meters of track.

My jersey fluttered in the wind as I looked up to the sky. It was the perfect day for a meet at the home track.

Taemin was in the middle of the crowd, smiling as I hopped dup and down for my warm up seconds before I had to run. I heard the talking from teh crowd about me, their questions stuck in my mind.

"Who is she?"

"She's fron our school, but I don't recognize her."

"Look, she's in the fastest lane."

"Why is she here?" That was Nara.

I pushed all of the voices out of my head and concentrated on the finish line instead. We were in our lanes, the runners already having their blocks set up and ready to go. I did a small skip, alternating legs to get my nerves down about my run.

"Runners to your marks," said the starter.

We went down, taking our time to get into the blocks, stretching our legs before crouching into the blocks.

"Set."

We raised and my adrenaline started flowing through me in anticipation of the gun that was our signal to go. It shot and I sprang out of the blocks, pushing my legs to run faster, push harder. I propellled down the track, leading the pack of girls that was sprinting as hard they could towards the finish line. I hit the white line first, slowing as I ran out and then came back to the line. We waited until the automatic timing system was reset and then we were released from the line to do what ever we wanted.

Taemin ran to me as soon as I left the track, scooping me up into a spinning hug. "Jin-Hee, that was awesome! How are you that fast?"

"I just am," I said, smiling at him as he put me down. I could feel the stares on my back from the bleachers. Their gazes heated my skin and I could feel their surprise at my finish. They were wondering who I was.

"I'm taking you home right, you don't have to stay?"

"Nope, you're taking me home!" I said sheerfully.

"We should go and get a treat before you go home."

"Arasso."

We turned and headed to his truck in the parking lot. I walked by his side and it felt so right, like I belonged there. He had changed me so much since he came into my life.

Taemin walked me around to the passenger side of the truck and opened the door for me. I smiled at him. "Thank you, you gentleman."

"You're very welcome my lady."

I stopped as I was about to climb into the truck. Taemin looked at me weird as I stepped down from the running boards. Taking a step towards him, I leaned in and gave him a quick peck on the lips. When I pulled away, my cheeks were red and I looked shyly to the pavement, my hands clasped in front of me. I glanced up and Taemin had a huge smile on his face, his eyes sparkling. He reached for my hands, unclasping them and taking them into his large hands. Taemin leaned forward and pressed his lips back onto mine, slightly squeezing my hands.

We pulled away and I slowly let my eyes flutter open to look at him. I smiled at him before letting out hands drop and then I climbed into the truck and Taemin closed the door behind me. Not long after, he climbed into the driver's seat and put the keys into the ignition, pulling out of the parking lot. We both had a smile on out faces.

"Arasso, let's go get those smoothies that you promised!"

What I didn't know was that a certain someone had watched our moment and I didn't know what kind of trouble I was in for the next day of school.