He Took Me Shopping

Invisible

Taemin turned the opposite way down the highway towards town instead of my house. I looked at him confused but he just smiled ahead as he kept his eyes on the road.

"Oppa, where are we going?"

"Wait and find out."

I sighed. "Fine."

It took a few more minutes until we were in the next city that was larger than the one that we lived in. He pulled downtown and past shop windows that had pretty, sparkly dresses on plastic manequins. I sighed, prom was coming up and I didn't know what I would do. I might have a date but I didn't have the money to but a dress.

Taemin paralell parked the truck and got out, me right behind him. He grabbed my hand, entertwining our fingers. I looked down to our linked hands and then back up to him who seemed like he had on a permanent grin today.

He led me to a shop window that showcased fancy dresses. I looked sadly at them, there's no way that I would be able to afford something that nice. Not in my lifetime. Taemin saw this and dragged me into the shop. I looked at him in disbelief.

"Surprise, Jin-Hee!"

"W-what?"

"I'm taking you shopping for a Prom dress, if you want to go with me," he said to me.

I looked around the shop. "I want to go with you but there's no way that I could buy one of these dresses, I don't have the money."

"Who said that you were paying?"

I gaped at him. "Oppa! No, I couldn't ask you to do something like that!"

"But I insist, it's not like I'm short on money anyway, Jin-Hee."

It took a while for him to convince me that he was going to buy me a dress. People within the store stred at us as we argued like four year old children. I groaned as I gave in to him and he had a victorious smirk on his face.

I walked over to a dress, awed by its beauty. It was a deep pink, floor length and it had a cut up the right side of the dress for someone's leg to show. Where the split stopped, there was a pull of the fabric that made an accent. The dress was fitting to the body up until the split for the leg. It was strapless and the of the dress was sparkly with a pin in the middle.

Taemin immediately grabbed it off the rack and I looked around the store for different options for a dress. I found a short dark purple one with black lace going down one sleeve. I also grabbed a short, white dress that was tight and had a halter neckline. There was also a light blue one that was long and poofy at the waist, the top being sparkly.

Smiling at Taemin, I headed to the fitting rooms at the back of the store. He handed me all of the dresses.

"Stay here, I want to show them to you."

He took a seat at a chair in front of the room and I retreated into the room to try on the dresses. First was the light blue one that I slipped on. I walked out of the dressing room and posed like a model, I was modeling for Taemin. He smiled and nodded in approval. I turned around and walked into the room, trying on the dark purple one next. I emerged and Taemin cocked his head to look at it.

"I think it's too dark, your black hair blends in to it."

I looked to the nearest mirror and relized that he was telling the truth. "You're right."

I went back in and placed it off to the side. Slipping on the white one, I walked out and did a small spin in front of him. His smile was wide as he looked me up and down. "You look beautiful."

I blushed. "Thank you oppa."

I turned around and tried on the last dress. This is the one that I was in love with. The dark pink one with the split for the leg. I smiled and blew out a breat as I opened the door to reveal the dress. "What do you think?"

"That's the one," he said with a larger smile than the last one. I looked to the mirror and nodded, it brought out my dark skin and hair. I smiled to the mirror, the girl standing in it doing the same. It was unreal, I didn't think that I could look this good. I never was very pretty but Taemin denies it every time that I say it. He always told me that I was beautiful and he wouldn't say otherwise.

I changed into my regular clothes and walked out with the pink dress. He took me to the counter where he cashier rang it up. I gaped at the total for the dress. Taemin pulled out a card and handed it to the cashier who smiled at him and then put the dress carefully in a bag.

"Taemin, that was really expensive."

"It's fine, like I said earlier, I'm not short on money and never will be."

We climbed into his truck and he drove me home with the dress sitting in my lap. When I got home, I gave him a kiss goodbye and went to hang the dress where I could admire it. It was too pretty to be on me.

I looked down and smiled. I was actually going to prom with the most perfect date anyone could ask for. This was in my wildest dreams, but now it was no longer a dream, it was real.