Alive

Invisible

We sat at the onehundred meter mark, just talking and laughing together. The soft, warm breeze blew through my hair as I fixed my spikes, putting in new ones that were sharp. Screwing them in one by one, I was listening to Taemin talk half way to himself. I don't think that he noticed becasue he was zoned out at the time so I left him alone.

Sighing, I turned to him. The sunlight highlighted his perfect features. His soft, plump lips, his warm eyes and not to forget his brilliant smile that lit up the entire world. He was the most perfect thing that I have ever seen. Everything about him drew me in like a magnet and before I knew it, he had my heart. Whether he knew that or not was a different story.

I smiled at the thought to myself.

"Why are you smiling like that, Jin-Hee?" Asked Taemin, bringing me out of my thoughts of him. He was lying on his back, staring up at the fluffy white clouds that floated slowly through the blue sky.

"Oh, it's nothing," I said, looking up at him with the same smile, admiration hidden behind it.

He nodded and went back to watching what I was doing with my shoes. It was so much easier now that Taemin had gotten a truck so he didn't have to walk me home like he insisted every day. I lived in a bad neighborhood, being dangerous at night especially for women. He had gotten the truck a few days ago and I remembered when he had drove to the next town with me just to get a smoothie. So many good memeories were made with him, it was unbelieveable. He was my best friend and maybe one day he would be more than that.

Compared to my life now, my life a few months ago had been so different. It could be over right now. All because of this one person, my life had turned completely in a different direction. Such a small thing like a friendship could make all the difference, it did with me. Now Taemin meant so much to me.

I sighed. Things would be very different if he hadn't moved here.

"Jin-Hee, what are you thinking about?"

"You and me."

"What about us?" He asked, rolling onto his side to look up at me.

How when you moved here I was so shocked that you didin't just ignore me like all the others did. Thank you so much for that, Taemin. Whether you realize it or not, you might have saved my life. I might not be here if it weren't for you."

He started at me in shock for a second, taking in what I had just said about him. "It that really what you were going to do?"

"I didn't see the value in life at the time. Nobody paid me any attention anyway so I thought that it couldn't be so bad. It wouldn't take long just to end it, let all the pain go away," I said, leaning back to look at the sky with him.

"What made you change you mind?"

"You did when you befriended me. That was when I realized that nothing was worth ending your life for, no matter how much pain you go through, ther is always a person or place that you can go to to make it all better."

"So I...."

"Ne," I said, turning to him as he was staring up at me from his lying position on the track.

He positioned himself on his arm to get closer to me. He reached out his arm, slipping two warm fingers under my chin and pulling it closer. In one swift movement, he had moved forward and captured my lips. My eyes were wide and I didn't know what to do, how to respodn so I just closed my eyes and kissed back.

Slowly, we drew apart. I hadn't been ready for that. Taemin had stolen my first kiss and I didn't mind at all. I smiled at him as I drew my fingers across my lips, the skin buzzing with electricity. When I had kissed him, there had been a rush and my heart beat so rapidly.

"You theif," I whispered teasingly.

"Wae?"

"You stole my heart and my first kiss."