A song and an unusually warm teddy bear!

My Rookie Monster Fangirl [sequel to My Best Absolute Perfect Fanboy]

« Hi Jongup,

I can’t find the words to explain how happy I was when I received your letter!! I didn’t expect an answer so when I opened the letter and read your lines, I jumped in excitement!! Thanks a lot for this reply!

I’m really glad you appreciated my compliments! I just told you what I felt deep in my heart and it’s great if it touched yours. I would have loved to meet you when you were younger!! It would be so cool if your mother could share videos of you dancing when you were still a kid kekeke I would also love to know how your members were when they were kids. Did Bang Yong Gook have this very low voice? Was Zelo that giant when he was a baby? Was Himchan already a weirdo? Did Daehyun have this warm smile as a kid? Was Youngjae already that generous? All your mothers should gather pics of you as kids and create a mini BAP kekeke Do you discuss about your personal past when you’re together with your bandmates?

Your life seems really hectic! I wonder how you can handle living such a busy life. I guess your fellow members are a great source of strength, people you can rely on and who understand you since they live at the same crazy pace. But despite the presence of your friends, you must miss your family. I have to live far away from my dad and my sister because we had to come to Seoul with my mother for personal reasons and I miss them a lot. It must be the same for you. But I’m sure that us, BABYs are also a source of strength for you. You have to know that it’s reciprocal because you give us a lot of happiness thanks to your songs.

I hope you don’t overwork yourself because of your training, your rehearsals and your studies. It must be really tough to live two lives at a time, the normal life of a teen and the life of an idol. I attend the same school as Zelo and when I cross his path, he seems really tired. I can’t help but feeling bad for him and I guess it’s the same for you.

Thanks again for your letter! Bye!

Your faithful fan <3

PS: I loved your special stages with Lee Hi and Daehyun. I didn’t miss a single one of your appearances. Daebak!!!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lee Hi’s POV

“Students, I want to test your innate musical skills. As future lyricists/composers/singers, you will have to show your creativity and your musicality, searching deep into your heart and make your emotions resurface to write songs or interpret them. So I want you to compose and write a complete song as homework for this class. You’ll have two weeks to complete this assignment.”

“Don’t worry! You won’t be alone in this complicated process of creation. You will all be teamed up with another student.”

“Lee Ha Yi and Choi Junhong.”

I was pestering against my music professor on my way to BAP’s dorm, remembering the day she gave us that stupid assignment. Composing a melody and penning lyrics? What did she expect from me and Zelo? I was sure she was expecting a masterpiece considering me and Zelo were both professional singers but unfortunately I was just a singer and definitely not a composer. I was secretly hoping Zelo would have some ideas for the music because we only had two days left before giving back this assignment.

As I finally reached my bus stop, I left my seat and got off the bus. I hesitantly walked in the street and finally found my way. Ten minutes later and after some unnecessary detours, I found myself in front of BAP’s dorm front door. I knocked, my heart drumming into my ribcage. Thankfully, BAP’s manager opened quickly …….and not a certain moon boy. Disappointment and relief!!!

“Hi Miss Lee! Zelo is waiting for you in his bedroom. Make yourself comfortable and if you need something, just ask me!” BAP’s manager welcomed me warmly.

“Thank you Sir!” I bowed before passing the door.

BAP’s manager led me to the guys’ room where Zelo was already working. When he heard us, he raised his head from his papers and smiled. I smiled too, feeling comfortable with him as always.

“Ha Yi, you’re finally here!! Come in! As you can see, I started working on my own and I can’t wait to hear your ideas for this song.” He beamed, gesturing me to enter.

“Hi Junhong!” I greeted him.

I walked in his room, looking at the three bunk beds, wondering which one was Jongup’s.

“You can sit there.” Zelo showed me a chair beside him. “So do you want to hear what I composed with Yongguk’s hyung?”

“Of course!” I said while sitting down, erasing all the stupid thoughts related to Jongup I had in mind. “But are you sure that we are allowed to receive help from other people for this assignment?”

“Don’t worry about that! I did all the composition alone and Hyung just did some minor corrections.” He said before playing an instrumental on his laptop.

I listened to it carefully, quickly conquered by the catchy beat of our future song. When the music ended, I clapped my hands to show my approval.

“Are you sure that you really did it alone?” I cocked an eyebrow playfully. 

“Of course! Why? Is it too good that you can’t believe I did it alone?” He joked.

“Honestly yes! It’s so great! I love it! Maybe we could reduce the use of electronic sound during some parts but we will look at this later. I worked on some lyrics for this song. Since we agreed to create a pop energetic song, I wrote with this idea in mind. If you want to include a rap part, ………well I’m not good at rap so maybe we could work on it together.” I said hesitantly.

“Yes, yes, don’t worry! I know that writing rap isn’t that easy and since I worked a bit with my hyungs for our previous albums, I’ll take care of it.” He said encouragingly, his infectious smile grazing his lips.

“Thanks! So let’s go! Don’t make fun of me even if you find it silly or corny” I warned him.

“Yeah!” He laughed, already disregarding my words.

 

Hi I’m Lee Hi!

Hello I’m Zelo!

Two friends with the same dream

Not fail and fly high to gleam

Like the sun in the blue sky

Like the moon in the night sky

So we trained, sometimes feeling like giving up

We fell often but immediately jumped up

 

Crazy life, hectic life when you’re just 17 years old

But we’re not afraid, we’re bold

Let’s make it, let’s do it

The success is within our reach

 

Finally we debuted with fear in our stomach

But it was already too late to turn back

We don’t regret a single thing

Even if the idol life is demanding

We realize each day that we’re lucky

Even if sometimes we miss our family

 

Crazy life, hectic life when you’re just 17 years old

But we’re not afraid, we’re bold

Let’s make it, let’s do it

The success is within our reach

 

Always scrutinized, sometimes criticized

But also loved and idolized

We don’t care about haters

We just care about what matters

The unending love of our fans

The faithful support of our loved ones

 

Crazy life, hectic life when you’re just 17 years old

But we’re not afraid, we’re bold

Let’s make it, let’s do it

The success is within our reach

 

I stopped reading as I reached the end of my text and anxiously waited for Zelo’s opinion.

“Nice work! I love the fact that you showed the advantages and the downsides of being an idol and a public figure. I think I could rap the last verse. The flow seems adequate. Good job my friend!” The giant said approvingly

“You really mean it?” I said, surprised by his kind words since I didn’t expect praises.

“Ne! If I didn’t like it, I would have told you so! I never lie! And I don’t want a low grade!” BAP’s maknae nodded.

“Thanks! It’s very important to me since it’s my first time writing lyrics. I had a lot of doubts and felt a lot of pressure on my shoulders.” I confessed.

“I’m sure these lyrics will be perfect for our song. We need to adapt my musical composition to your text now.”

As soon as he said so, we started working on his instrumental with his composing software, alternatively looking at the lyrics and at the screen of his laptop, searching for the perfect alchemy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Zelo’s POV

“Ha Yi, I think we should stop now. Everything’s perfect. If we continue, we will destroy the subtle equilibrium between the music and the lyrics.” I said, turning my head towards her.

That’s when I realized that she had fallen asleep, her head on the desk, her eyes closed. I chuckled and thought about shouting at her to wake her up abruptly ….for my own entertainment but realized that she wasn’t one of my bandmates. Finally, an even better idea popped in my head.

“What about playing Cupid again?”

One minute later, I exited from our room, my misdeed done and headed towards our manager office.

“Hyung, I need to go to rehearse with Yongguk Hyung and Himchan Hyung for a special stage for our future concert. Ha Yi fell asleep so I laid her on a bed in our bedroom. When she’ll wake up, could you explain to her that I had to go?” I asked.

“Yeah of course! Go and don’t be late or your hyungs will scold you.” My manager hurried me.

“Ne Hyung! Thanks!” I bowed, grabbed my backpack and ran outside of my dorm to reach TS headquarters, an evil smile on my lips.

Interfering with people’s life was definitely entertaining!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongup’s POV

I was dead tired after an intense dance lesson and I could only dream of one thing: my bed! Our choreographer was very demanding these days, asking to rehearse, rehearse ……and rehearse. I had to learn new group choreographies as well as solo performances for our upcoming series of concerts and it was so hard but I was also happy to practice my passion daily.

When my head banged on the bus window, I noticed that I was slowly falling asleep and that I had to arrive at the dorm as soon as possible if I didn’t want to wake up at the bus garage. I tried to keep my eyes opened until I reached the bus stop near our dorm. I jumped out of the bus and dragged my feet to our dorm, my eyelids drooping. I entered the dorm quietly, yawning as I found my way towards our bedroom not encountering anyone. Not bothering to switch the light up, I walked in, removed my shoes and fell on my bed. I grabbed the teddy bear on my bed, embraced it and immediately fell asleep, slightly aware of the fact that my stuffed toy seemed a bit taller and warmer than before.

-----------------------------------

Hi girls (I don’t know if I have male readers *scratches her head* Sorry if there are some guys amongst you!! Leave a comment to show me your presence here kekeke)

Finally, as I promised to some of you, I update today (Tuesday)! Sorry Asian readers! I know that you will only read this tomorrow ^^

So a new chapter with a hint to what will come in the next chapter!! I hope you will be excited to discover what will happen next!!!

See you again for the next upload!

PS: sorry for the crappy lyrics! I wrote them myself not wanting to encounter a copyright problem by borrowing existing lyrics. I had so many difficulties writing, finding rhymes in a language that isn’t my mother tongue ==’ I admire lyricists now ^^