I’m over him……or maybe not!

My Rookie Monster Fangirl [sequel to My Best Absolute Perfect Fanboy]

«Ha Yi!! Wake up or you’ll be late! »

I ignored the primal scream of my sister attempting to wake me up and tried to continue my dream by hiding under my warm blanket. Unfortunately it was too late and Jongup’s image had already faded away from my mind. I muffled a shout in my pillow, mentally cursing my loud sister. I was so tired because of the intense rehearsal I had to endure the past day and on top of that she totally ruined my dream.

Totally oblivious of my tiredness and my traditional morning bad mood, my Unni barged in my bedroom and removed my blanket, leaving me shivering on the mattress. She continued her routine by opening the curtains letting the sunshine invade the previously dark room. In reaction, I curled up in fetal position on my bed and closed my eyes attacked by the intense light of the sun.

“Ha Yi, stop sleeping! You have a scheduled appointment with your manager in one hour. Get up sleepy head!” My sister poked me on the cheek.

I didn’t react and stayed still on my bed. For few seconds, I considered feigning being sick but that was before my sister’s last option. As a last resort and after shouting, disturbing my peaceful night and interrupting my dream, she finally opted for a very disloyal solution to wake me up: she started tickling me. I immediately started giggling and wriggling like a worm on my bed.

“Okay …..okay I’ll get up!” I admitted my defeat, still laughing.

“Good girl!” My sister patted my head.

I got up, grabbed a hoodie and followed my sister in the kitchen where the breakfast table was already settled.

“Wow you’re taking your mission very seriously!” I observed, admiringly.

“Of course! I’m supposed to help you like mum does and I’m sure she prepares your breakfast every morning so here it is.” My Unni said.

I nodded approvingly. It was the first morning of my sister here in Seoul and I was happy our sisterhood link was as close as before. She arrived the previous day with my father to surprise my mother. When Mum opened the door, she totally blanked, unable to say a word. She was totally stunned to see the rest of our family in Seoul. When my Dad presented the plane tickets for Jeju to my mother, her eyes almost popped out of their sockets. Totally priceless! He explained the reason for this unexpected gift and told my mum everything about the organization: my sister here to take care of me and our aunt managing the restaurant in our hometown. She finally reacted after about a minute of brain disconnection. She hugged my father lovingly and thanked him at least a thousand times, repeating how much she loved him. Very sweet! After that, they stayed at the flat for almost an hour before departing for the airport. As for my sister and I, we stayed at the apartment and we used our first evening together to make up for all the time we had to live apart from each other.

“Ha Yi, sit down and eat! You don’t have the time to daydream! Your schedule is pretty packed today!” My sister shook me by the shoulders.

I snapped out of it and pulled out a chair before sitting down at the kitchen table.

“Ne Omma!” I obeyed not forgetting to in the process.

“Don’t call me Omma!” She responded as she sat down in front of me.

I started eating what my sister prepared and arranged nicely in multiple plates.

“Delicious!” I articulated difficultly, my mouth full of the yummy meal cooked by my Unni.

“Thanks! I’m glad you like it.” My sister responded. “Question: is your schedule always so incredibly packed. School then vocal training and to finish Japanese lessons until 10pm. How can you handle this?” She said, reading my schedule for the day.  

“Today is especially a busy day but I’m often at YG until 8 or 9pm. When I’m preparing for a comeback, it’s even worse but that’s okay. I choose this career and so I’m ready to make sacrifices to succeed.” I explained.

“Oh my poor baby! I’m so proud of you and worried for you. Try to stay healthy! I don’t want to see you get sick because of exhaustion. I didn’t imagine you had to endure such a hard life.” My Unni ruffled my hair.

“That’s okay Unni! Mum is there to watch over me.” I tried to reassure my older sister.

“Ne!” She nodded.

We ate in silence during few minutes but then my sister broke the silence.

“Do you know that BAP will soon make a comeback?” She asked out of the blue.

I almost choked on my food since I didn’t expect such a question so early in the morning!

“Ye-yes I know!” I replied simply.

“And how do you feel about it?” My Unni tried to obtain a more elaborated answer from my side.

I knew what she wanted to know since we discussed about me and Jongup last evening. She was trying to understand how I felt about him and not about what I felt about BAP’s comeback.

“Ask the question you want to ask!” I said bluntly.

“Okay! I was just trying to be subtle!” She laughed. “So, are you ready to see him everywhere on TV, in magazines, plastered everywhere in the streets?” She finally asked the real question.

I scratched my nose few seconds before replying.

“I’m ready! I don’t know if you’ll believe me but I think I’m over him. Not being able to communicate with him during such a long time helped me letting him go. I’m not telling you that I forgot about him and my feelings for him but I feel like it belongs to the past now. And to comment on BAP’s comeback, I really anticipate hearing new songs from them. I already listened to the pre-release song they unveiled during their fanmeeting and it’s awesome.” I explained.

“Really? You’re already over him? You think you could meet him without feeling anything for him?” My sister insisted.

I nodded.

“I’m sorry but I’ll quickly go to the bathroom! I have to prepare for the meeting with my manager and then for school. Thanks again for the breakfast!” I left the breakfast table and headed towards the bathroom.

It was half because I was late and half a pathetic escape. I wasn’t very comfortable talking about Jongup yet. I wasn’t really sure if I was over him especially after this dream I had about him last night but I was very determined to end this crush which was going nowhere.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

BAP’s dorm at night

“Jonguuuup! Close this freaking laptop! The light emanating from the screen is so annoying! I can’t sleep even if I’m dead tired.” Himchan said annoyed.

“Himchan is right! Close your laptop!! We can’t sleep that much these days and you’re depriving us of precious minutes of sleep.” The leader agreed.

“I’m sorry but it’s important!” Jongup continued whatever he was doing.

“Let him be! He has a very important task to complete everyday! He couldn’t do it before because of our crazy pre-comeback rehearsal program today but now, this task has to be completed.” Zelo sided with his friend.

“And what is this very important task? Zelo, Jongup, would you mind enlightening us?” Daehyun joined the conversation.

“Could you just shut up? I want to sleep!” Youngjae grumbled.

“Sorry Youngjae but now I want to know what Jongup is doing. Zelo stirred up my curiosity.” Yongguk changed his mind.

“I won’t tell you! I’m sure Zelo the traitor will tell you anyway.” Jongup grumbled.

“True, true! You know me so well Jonguppie!! So, are you ready for the big revelation? I’m sure you could guess what he’s doing! It’s not really difficult!” Zelo built up the suspense, his smirk hidden by the darkness of the room.

“Damn you Zelo! Spill the beans and stop beating around the bush! I want to sleep so hurry up!” Himchan exclaimed.

“Okay okay! No need to be so aggressive. So, Jongup is checking Ha Yi’s Instagram profile like every day. He’s verifying if she posted a new photo. Then he’ll check if there are some news about a comeback, or a CF she would film or whatever news related to her!” Zelo finally revealed Jongup’s secret activity.

Daehyun, Youngjae, Himchan and Yongguk sighed all together.

“Gosh! You could have waited for tomorrow. Her pics won’t disappear during the night.” Daehyun said wisely.

“Still not over her! Gosh, this girl must really be special for you to be so addicted!” Himchan noticed.

“I’ll continue in the living room!” Jongup left his bed and escaped the crowded bedroom.

“THANKS!!!!” Youngjae shouted, still not asleep because of the noisy discussion.

After Jongup’s leave, all the members fell asleep quickly because of all the tiredness accumulated because of the preparation of their comeback.

As for Jongup he stayed in the living room for half an hour, researching all the news related to Ha Yi on Internet. Unfortunately, since she wasn’t promoting, there wasn’t much things about her.

Finally, he closed his laptop at two in the morning and rejoined his bed. A minute later, he was already sound asleep, a smile floating on his lips. If one of s was still awake, he would have heard him pronounce Ha Yi’s name several times in his sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------

The next day

Ha Yi’s POV

I came back home after another hard day of school and training. My sister welcomed me at our flat with a big smile floating on her lips. She just came back from a long day of shopping in Seoul and she looked positively delighted.

“I love this city! So many awesome shops! Look at all the great clothes and accessories I bought!” She exclaimed.

She started emptying her shopping bags, pouring out dresses, shoes, bags, necklaces endlessly. I was awed by the shopaholic fever that had infected her.

“How much did you spend? You’re crazy!” I shook my head.

“Chill out! I have some savings and I don’t often have the occasion to do some shopping in Seoul so I’m trying to take advantage of my stay here.”My Unnie smiled brightly.

“I hope you won’t go shopping every day or you’ll leave Seoul stony-broke!” I laughed.

“Of course I won’t! I need some time to come at YG with you to discover the agency where you’re working and especially to meet YG Kpop groups.” My sister winked at me.

“Ah yes!” I nodded as I opened my laptop after sitting on the couch in the living room.

“When do you think I’ll be able to come?” My sister asked.

“Soon, soon!” I replied absent-mindedly as I launched Internet.

“Tell me if I bore you.” My sister sighed.

“No no! I’m just checking something!” I answered as I opened a Kpop news website.

“We can eat whenever you want! The diner is ready!”

“Okay! Just a minute and I’ll be ready!”

I opened the article dealing with BAP’s comeback. I heard during my day at school that the teaser for their title track “1004” was finally available and so I wanted to verify if it was true. Obviously….it was true! I clicked on the video and held my breath because of anticipation. I felt electricity running down my spine when I saw the TS logo on the screen. The teaser started with a foggy desert and then Yongguk digging in the soil to find a strange statuette representing something like a cathedral. After that, a young man appeared on the screen. He hit with his hands a wall engraved with two wings. When the camera focused on his face, my heart almost burst out of my chest and I felt as if I was choking. He was even more handsome than in my memories.

“What are you watching? I heard some music! It looked cool!” My sister asked from the kitchen.

“Unni…….I’m not over him……at all!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!!

I’m back with our two cuties. I really think I should do something for them because I’m too cruel with them! What do you think about it? ^^

And it was really funny to read your comments about Baekhyun! Some of you are seduced by a pairing Lee Hi/Baek even if their initial ship is UpHi kekeke

Thanks for bearing with my slow updates, thanks for being very faithful to this story, thanks for your encouraging comments! Saranghae!

 PS: sorry for the delay for this update! I have some problems with my Internet connections these days ==’