An ill-timed interruption

My Rookie Monster Fangirl [sequel to My Best Absolute Perfect Fanboy]

Lee Hi’s POV

I was sleeping peacefully probably drooling on my pillow until I felt someone grabbing me by the waist. My mind temporarily awakened but quickly came back in sleeping mode as the person nuzzled up against me and communicated me its soothing warm.

One hour later

I suddenly woke up, an odd feeling invading my mind, the feeling that something was out of place. Even with a foggy mind, I could feel the warm irradiating from a body next to mine and arms embracing me from behind. I looked in front of me and only saw a wall. Above me was another bed as if I was in a bunk bed but the problem was that I had a simple bed at home. So where was I? An inner alarm rang in my head because it was definitely not normal to be in an unknown bedroom, in an unknown bed with an unknown person. I was on the verge to panic, feeling the worry paralyzing me but a sudden rush of adrenaline helped me not breaking in tears. With my new found determination, I turned my head towards the person who was hugging me. My eyes not accustomed to the half-light of the bedroom tried to focus on the face of the person. The guy…yes because it was a member of the opposite was also asleep but I could have recognized this face amongst thousands of others. My heart quickened when I identify Jongup as the person who was back-hugging me!!! How the hell did I landed in Jongup’s bed??? Was it a joke? A hidden camera? A dream?? …….. Yes that was probably one of my frequent dreams starring Jongup! I tried to pinch my arm but only to end with a red mark on my skin and the confirmation that it wasn’t a dream. I was screwed!

I considered during few minutes staying there without moving because it was just so comfortable and soothing to be in Jongup’s arms again but my mind finally started functioning again. I couldn’t stay there!!!! I had to go!!! To escape this embarrassing situation without Jongup noticing, I tried to loosen up Jongup’s grip around my waist but despite my efforts, I just ended being even closer to him as he hugged me tighter. I felt my cheeks reddening because of happiness and embarrassment. I heard him mumbling something like “Don’t go” in his sleep, his breath caressing my neck and sending shivers down my spine.

Okay!! I really needed to react or I would totally lose my mind if I stayed next to him any longer.  And worse, what if his groupmates caught us in this position??? No no no!! That couldn’t happen!!

“Jongup! Jongup!” I whispered while shaking him softly.

Since he didn’t react, I shook him a little more energetically and I felt him waking up behind me. The pressure of his arms diminished against my waist and I took advantage of this situation to turn to find myself in front of him.

Jongup’s POV

I rubbed my sleepy eyes, my sight still a bit blurred after my nap. When I removed my hands from my eyes, I jumped with surprise. Why my teddy bear looked just like Ha Yi? Was I hallucinating or dreaming?

If it was just a dream, I wanted to try something so I came closer to my teddy bear which surprisingly looked like my princess, stopping my face just in front of her, our noses touching. My heart drummed into my ribcage as my eyes were lost in hers. Ha Yi’s cute cheeks were tinted pink and I could feel her breath against my lips. Yes I could feel her breath! I was definitely not dreaming!! Determined to go through it, I cupped her cheeks in my hands and closed the distance between our lips. I saw her eyes closing before I did the same and…………..

“Jonguppie, we’re back!!!!!!!!!” Daehyun and Youngjae shouted while opening the door of our bedroom and switching up the light.

I opened my eyes immediately and let go of Ha Yi. We both got up, our breath short and our cheeks scarlet red. At the door frame, two pair of eyes the size of saucers were looking at us. But unfortunately, the surprise quickly gave way to two annoying smirks on their faces. On my right, I saw Ha Yi rushing towards her bag before exiting the room in a hurry, while mumbling confusedly.

“Wow jackpot Jongup!!!! Sorry for interrupting you bro!!!” Youngjae exclaimed hitting my back brutally.

“It’s not what it seems! I promise. I know that the appearances are against us but …..but….” I tried to explain very confusedly.

“Oh no no you were absolutely not in a bed with Ha Yi, ready to kiss her!” Daehyun said sarcastically.

“Ok ok but I was…….she….she was already……..I don’t know!” I stuttered, lowering my head.

“What an explanation!! Everything’s clearer now!” Youngjae snickered.

“I swear I don’t know how Ha Yi landed in my bed. Earlier today, I came back from a solo dance rehearsal. I was dead tired and headed directly to my bed without switching the light up. I hugged my teddy bear but when I woke up, I noticed that it was Ha Yi and not a teddy bear!” I explained clearly this time.

Youngjae and Daehyun looked suspiciously at me, not certain if they should believe me or not. I couldn’t help but understand them. My story was barely believable.

“Ok so let’s suppose that we believe you! How can you explain the presence of Lee Hi in your bed if you didn’t personally invite her there?” Youngjae asked, a smirk coming back on his face.

I felt my face heating up again at Youngjae’s insinuations.

“Of course I didn’t invite her there! I’m not a playboy like you! And I already told you I don’t how she came here.” I spitted annoyed.

“Calm down Jongup! Let’s try to think about it! Ha Yi is a polite girl so she wouldn’t come uninvited somewhere. She’s not a so she wouldn’t sneak into a boy’s bed without him knowing!” Daehyun thought aloud.

We were all in deep thoughts when Youngjae finally snapped his fingers!

“Eurêka!!! Zelo, you’re such a genius.” He said to himself with a half smile.

As soon as he said so, Daehyun’s eyes widened.

“Oh my god Youngjae!! You’re so right!!! Aish, this giant is definitely a genius!!!!” Daehyun laughed.

“Would you have the kindness to enlighten me??? I don’t understand what you’re blabbering about!!” I said with annoyance.

Daehyun and Youngjae looked at each other, an insufferable smile on their lips but Youngjae finally spoke.

“You know that Zelo had to do an assignment with Ha Yi, don’t you?” Youngjae asked me, before continuing after I nodded. “I guess it was today and that’s why Lee Hi was at our dorm. But how did she end in Jongup’s bed? I don’t really understand this part!!!”

“Simple! She fell asleep and so Zelo laid her by chance of course on Jongup’s bed.” Daehyun completed the explanation.

“Yes that was totally a random choice!” Youngjae burst out laughing.

I looked at them, not knowing if I was grateful towards Zelo or if I was mad at him for his interference in my love life! Well, without him, I would probably not have a love life so I should probably be grateful.

Suddenly, we heard someone entering the dorm and seconds later Zelo was with us!!!

“And here come Zelo The Genius!!!!!” Youngjae and Daehyun said in chorus before bowing playfully.

Zelo looked at them surprised before turning his attention towards me!

“So Jongup, how was your afternoon?” He winked at me.

“I was sure it was you!!!!” Youngjae said excitedly. “Sorry but I think we kind of ruined your plan!”

Zelo knitted his eyebrows and looked at Youngjae with a questioning look.

“What did you do???” He sighed.

“They were centimeters apart from each other in Jongup’s bed, ready to kiss and we totally ed them since we entered in the bedroom at the most critical moment!!” Daehyun explained.

I looked at them talking about me as if I wasn’t there, my annoyance rising.

“Oh please!!! My plan was perfect!!!!” Zelo whined.

“You should have told us! If you texted us and shared your plan, we wouldn’t have ruin it! We wouldn’t have ruined their intimate moment.” Youngjae tried to defend him and Daehyun.

“Stooop! Stop talking about me as if I wasn’t there!!!!” I shouted, my patience finally abandoning me.

“Oh sorry Jongupie!! You’re grumpy because you were so close to kiss her and we totally screwed up!!!” Daehyun said.

“Yeah sorry Jongup! We’ll try to help you again next time!” Zelo apologized.

“No no no!! Don’t do anything! Let me do it on my own!” I shouted again, not wanting them to interfere again.

“Oh please! Let us help you! It’s funny and without us, you wouldn’t be anywhere with her! I helped you for the letters, Daehyun helped you by inviting you to dance with her and Zelo helped you today and at their high school! You can count on us!” Youngjae placed his arm around my shoulders.

I could feel their sincerity and I knew they really wanted to help but it was really tiring to have them always interfering and elaborating plans.

“If I let you help me, could you inform me next time you’re organizing a plan?” I said, not wanting to hurt them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Youngjae, Daehyun and Zelo all nodded but with their fingers crossed in their back. Zelo’s plan wouldn’t have worked if they had told Jongup beforehand that Ha Yi was in his bed so it was maybe better to keep him away of their plans in the future!

Youngjae looked on his right towards Daehyun and on his left towards Zelo. They all nodded slightly, silently creating a pact to help their main dancer in his love quest.

Later that day, as Jongup was in the bathroom, this pact found two new signatories. All the BAP members were now united towards a common aim: matchmaking their dancing machine with his crush.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Lee Hi’s POV

I was now in my OWN bedroom, remembering all the things that happened today. When I thought about Jongup and the moment we almost kissed, I hid my face in my pillow. I didn’t really know how it happened and how I ended in Jongup’s bed but it didn’t really matter!!

We almost kissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Almost!!!!

I sighed as I replayed that moment again and again in my mind imagining what could have happened next if we actually kissed. I probably won’t be able to sleep tonight!!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

The chapter you were all waiting for is finally here!!!! I hope I didn’t disappoint you and that I met your expectations.

Lee Hi and Jongup are now closer and closer!!!!!! Finally!!!!

Thanks to my new subscribers, to my old ones, thanks for your reviews and comments!!! I’m really happy to write this fic and share it with you!!!!