A boring Japanese course and an exciting “Live on Earth”

My Rookie Monster Fangirl [sequel to My Best Absolute Perfect Fanboy]

Lee Hi’s POV

I was at YG building with my professor for my Japanese course but couldn’t focus on what he was patiently trying to teach me! As I was trying to listen to his voice, my thoughts started drifting far away from him, far away from this boring lesson, towards Jongup and his unexpected appearance in front of my high school gate earlier today. My heart wasn’t prepared for a direct confrontation with him but thankfully Zelo was there to lessen the awkwardness of the situation. A smile crept on my face as I replayed in my mind our first real talk face to face. Despite all my worries and my confused mind, I managed to ask him a question, something I thought I would never been able to do. I was maybe stronger than I thought. He looked so shocked when he noticed that I was talking to him directly and remained speechless for few seconds. His confused self was adorable!!

I was doodling some katakanas when I remembered his “Hope to see you again!”. That simple sentence maybe just said to be polite made my heart jumped when he said it and I suddenly felt butterflies flying in my belly. I felt as if I was floating on a cloud, as if I could fly, as if everything was possible, as if there was a chance for my crush to be reciprocal. Now that I was analyzing the situation with a clear mind, it was obvious I had over-analyzed what he said. He was just trying to be civil. No need to search for a deeper meaning behind these five words.

I suddenly jumped when my teacher started scolding me for daydreaming during his lessons, all his anger poured on me in Japanese. Who would have thought that the cute Japanese spoken by groups like AKB48 could turn so scary when used to reprimand someone? I quickly apologized to my teacher, took my pen again (….when did I even drop it?) and started reading a short text in Japanese. After that, my professor tried to explain me the meaning of unknown words in the text but unfortunately for him, my mind couldn’t focus today. I was already far away from this classroom, somewhere in TS Entertainment, in a room where he probably was rehearsing with s for their upcoming comeback. They had already released the beautiful ballad “Rain Sound”, a song I instantly fell in love with. When I watched the mv for the first time, I almost cried when Jongup was shot at the end, not wanting him to die in front of my eyes without me trying to help. Yes I was definitely going nuts if I could even for some seconds mistake fiction for reality. Anyway, I was waiting anxiously for the release of the complete mini album, album I had pre-ordered immediately after it had been made available on online shops.

Once again, my professor caught me daydreaming and decided to abandon for today since I was obviously not in the mood to study. So generous and so lucid of him!

Damn you Jongup for invading my mind so shamelessly!

----------------------------------------------------

Few days later, BAP released their “One Shot” mini-album and started a new cycle of promotion for the delight of their fans. 2013 was starting at top speed for them since TS had also scheduled their first solo concerts for the end of February. Unfortunately for the group, Himchan injured himself just before their comeback and so they had to promote as five.

As for Lee Hi, she was preparing for the release of her first album “First Love”. This album would be released in two parts with a title track for each part. YG wanted to highlight her innocent almost childish side for the first title track “It’s Over” and a more mature side for “Rose, her second title track. She was in the midst of choosing the other tracks for “First Love” with the help of YG composers but she never missed the chance to watch BAP’s performances on music programs.

Lee Hi didn’t tell anyone but she was planning to attend one of their first solo concerts. It was unthinkable for her to miss this opportunity to see them on stage. She had already bought her ticket online and her clothes for the concert were ready inside a backpack in her closet. She didn’t want to inform her mother or she would probably forbid her to attend this concert saying that it would be too dangerous for her. Lee Hi wanted to go to this concert with one of her friends but strangely, since she debuted, none of them contacted her. Her heart broke each time she thought of them, as if she had lost them. Deep inside her heart, she knew that she had lost them but she wanted to hope a little longer that maybe one day, they would try to call her to meet and talk like before….before Kpop Star, before her sudden fame, before she became a singer. But at the same time, she didn’t know if she would be able to trust them, to discern if they contacted her, Lee Ha Yi or if they contacted Lee Hi, the Rookie Monster just to take advantage of her and her fame.

On February the 23rd, Lee Hi came back at the apartment she was sharing with her mother after a recording session for the first part of “First Love”. She wrote a message to her mother and put it on the kitchen table.

“Mum,

I’ll come back home late tonight since I have to attend an important meeting for my comeback. That wasn’t on the schedule my manager gave you since YG organized it just today. You don’t have to pick me up at YG headquarters since I don’t know when the meeting will end. Just go to bed when you feel tired! I know that because of me, you’re stressed these days! I’ll ask my manager to walk me home.

Love you Mum!

*hug*

Ha Yi”

She grabbed her backpack in her closet and took the clothes she prepared, some black clothes to not draw the attention on her: a black coat, black shorts, a white shirt, black tights, black boots and black shades. She slipped in her dark outfit and pulled her hair into a bun. She grabbed her ticket, her phone and her purse to put them in her favorite orange backpack. It wasn’t very discreet to take something so bright but she couldn’t help it. She couldn’t go out without it since it was a meaningful gift: her mother bought it to congratulate her for her recruitment under YG Entertainment.

After that, she walked out of her apartment not forgetting to put her face mask on and reached the nearest underground station. Within twenty minutes, she arrived in front of the Seoul Olympic Park Hall. She started queuing with all the BABYs who got the chance to buy a ticket. The tickets for this concert and for the next concert were very precious considering the fact that the two concerts sold out within ten minutes making some websites crash because of too many connections. Soon, some BABYs started talking to Lee Hi since they noticed she was alone. Even if she was a bit worried to be discovered she gladly discussed with the girls, sharing who were their bias, their favorite songs... After two hours, she finally reached the entry and presented her ticket. The girls she met in the queue proposed her to join them and Lee Hi accepted so they ran together towards the stage to be as close as possible to the BAP members when they would appear. Lee Hi took her green rabbit glowstick from her backpack and brandished it to participate to the green wave in the concert venue. All the fangirls and fanboys in attendance were waiting anxiously for the arrival of their favorite idols.

---------------------------------------------------

Lee Hi’s POV

I felt so light being there amongst other fans……I felt almost normal! Here, I was just a regular fan attending the concert of her favorite artist and I wasn’t Lee Hi the Rookie Monster. I didn’t know the fanchants but quickly learnt them to shout in chorus with the other fans.

Suddenly, over the clamors of the excited fans, a loud sound echoed in the concert venue. Everybody became silent all of a sudden and all the eyes turned towards a large screen where a video was projected. A mini film started explaining that on earth there were a lot of “Pain & Crying,” so the Supreme Commander of Planet Mato sent six Matokis to Earth to get rid of the problems: Totomato, Tatsmato, Shishimato, Kekemato, Jokomato and my favourite Dadamato.  I felt my body tense with anticipation when finally a UFO appeared on stage with six handsome “aliens”. I was first speechless but quickly found my voice again to cheer with my fellow BABYs. The musical intro of “Warrior” indicated that they choose their first song to debut their first concert! Logical! I clapped loudly and blew my whistle from time to time to support them. It’s been such a long time since I felt free like that. My new friends seemed equally delighted by this first stage.

Continuing with badass songs, they performed “What the Hell” and “No Mercy” with their signature energetic and rebellious attitude. Just after that, only two members stayed on stage to sing “I Remember”, the duet Bang Yong Gook originally sang with Yoseob. Daehyun did an amazing job singing B2ST vocalist’s parts and BAP’s leader made me shiver with his incredible husky voice.

Then, all the members gathered on stage to perform “Secret Love”. It was nice to see Himchan performing with the others even if he was wearing a cast. During the song, I couldn’t help but look at Jongup and think about my secret love for him. A tear slid down my cheeks but I immediately scolded myself mentally for being so emotional in such a place.

They continued with the smooth songs with “Voicemail” from their “No Mercy” album and “Rain Sound” from their latest album. My cheeks were drenched by tears after these two stages since my mental scolding was visibly not effective. Their live voices were really incredible......especially Jongup’s. His voice was soft but it was as if he was talking directly to my heart.

Finally, all the members introduced themselves and each time they said their name and their position in the group, loud screams could be heard throughout the Seoul Olympic Park Hall. They all looked so cute and shy as they were talking while they looked so confident few minutes ago when they were performing. After the introductions, BAP members had a little talk with us. A TS Entertainment employee was passing a microphone in the crowd to let fans ask whichever question they had in mind. I was praying no one would give me this damn mic. That would be so embarrassing. When the microphone arrived toward me, one of the girls I befriended took it so I immediately tried to hide myself since I was just beside her and everybody’s attention was focused on her at the moment. She asked when Himchan’s arm would get better since she missed him during broadcast performances. Himchan started apologizing for his broken hand, saying he read all of the messages he’s been receiving on all his social network accounts. He also thanked everyone for the support and love and shared his hope to be on stage as soon as possible. As Himchan was talking, I glanced at Jongup and noticed with embarrassment that he was looking directly at me. I started panicking wondering if he knew who I was. I decided to calm down and bravely.....looked at my feet to avoid his eyes. Pathetic!!

Thankfully, the first talk soon ended, leading to the next performance: a special stage by Daehyun and Youngjae. I immediately recognized the intro of Jessie J’s Price Tag. I loved this British artist and I was glad BAP’s main vocalists decided to cover this song.

After this beautiful duet, DaeJae (as lovers liked to call them) disappeared backstage and Zelo and ......Jongup appeared on stage. There was no doubt about what would follow and they didn’t disappoint with two epic dance stages. I fanned myself with my hands as I was literally drooling on Jongup. How was it possible for a cute guy like him to suddenly become a beast while dancing??? Was he affected by a severe case of dual personality? Personally, I was affected by a severe case of fangirlism aggravated by hormones! If someone told me one year ago that I would be head over heels for a member of an idol group, I would have probably questioned his sanity but I knew that it was true now.

The electric atmosphere didn’t disappear as the BAP members continued with “Dancing in the Rain” and “Stop It”, two of their most cheerful songs but their tough side soon reappeared for their “One Shot” stage and the already infamous y push up dance.

Following this powerful stage, they performed two songs from their newest album “Like Zero” and “Punch”, one of my favourite songs of this mini-album. At the end of “Punch”, the concert hall suddenly turned pitch black and the leader himself took the stage, performing his self-composed song “Sacramental Song”. Through this song, I could really feel his love and passion for rap. Indeed, he had the same look in his eyes I often saw in Tablo Oppa’s eyes when he was performing with Epik High. As he was performing, two dancers walked on the podium where Bang Yong Gook was standing and ripped off his shirt. My jaw dropped suddenly. Even if he wasn’t my favourite member, it was hard to keep a straight face at the sight of his muscular upper body. I heard screams everywhere around me as if a wave of craziness had submerged this place. He finished his song but I wasn’t quite sure people were actually listening to his voice, too busy drooling at his now exposed abs.

After this rush of emotion, members of a band named “Broken Valentine” and the missing BAP members came on stage to perform remix versions of “Fight for Freedom” the energetic intro of their second mini-album, “Unbreakable” one of my all time favourite BAP songs, “Never Give Up” a Bang&Zelo track and “Power”.

Still full of energy, they sang “My First Kiss” sending flying kisses to everyone in the audience. At one moment, I had the crazy feeling Jongup send it one directly to me but that was probably just my delusional mind which was imagining things.

I watched my watch feeling that the end of the concert was coming closer and when they started singing “Goodbye” that was obviously a sign. Since none of us wanted to see them leave, we all blew our whistles together to ask for an encore stage. The BAP members didn’t have any other choice than coming back on stage and so they sang “Coma”.

I was trying to prepare me mentally to leave when BAP’s leader announced to us that Zelo had something to read to us so all the members left him alone on stage. He took a sheet of paper in his pocket, unfolded it and started reading it. It was a message for his parents, his parents who never objected when he announced them that he wanted to become a singer at such a young age, his parents who never doubted his talent, his parents who supported him in his career choice. As he was reading, tears started falling down his cheeks and soon his face was drenched with tears. His words made me cry because what he was saying, that was exactly what I wanted to say to my parents. Zelo and I were in the same situation, both young, both under the spotlight, exposed to criticisms but also to the craziness of fans! But I couldn’t complain since I was living with my mum while Zelo was probably away from his family most of the time. When he finished his letter, the other members re stage teasing him a bit but it was obvious that behind these jokes, they cared for their youngest member, BAP’s very own giant maknae.

To end the night on a brighter note, all the members performed the funny “Crash” getting all crazy and Zelo travelling on stage with his skateboard. When the song ended, the boys came in front of the stage, linked hands and bowed to us under the loud cheers of the crowd before disappearing backstage.

It was now time to leave the concert venue and it was a shambles. People were very eager to come inside the concert venue before the concert but they were now impatient to go out. Fans were pushing from my right, from my left and behind me. Since I was small, I felt suddenly very lost amongst this crowd. The tall people who were surrounding me prevented me from breathing normally and I started feeling dizzy. The atmosphere in the concert hall was very hot and I noticed that I was sweating a lot. I didn’t drink enough before the concert and I was very thirsty. My eyesight suddenly blurred and all the sounds reached my ears but strangely muffled. I realized what was happening to me and my last thought before passing out was for my mother who was waiting for me at home, not knowing where I really was.

--------------------------------------------

When the teenage girl finally opened her eyes, she was laid down on a stretcher. She tried to get up but the first aid worker who was there near her told her that she had to rest so she obeyed.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Miss Lee Ha Yi even if I would have rather make your acquaintance in better circumstances.” The woman said smiling reassuringly.

Lee Hi brought her hands to her face and noticed that someone had removed her face mask probably to let her breathe normally.

“Could you indicate me the person I have to contact in this kind of situation?” The woman asked.

“Call my mom please. She must be so worried right now!” Lee Hi replied quickly.

“Okay! I’ll take your phone and I’ll call her. While waiting, drink and eat since you are really weak!” The woman smiled.

“Thanks!” Lee Hi bowed slightly as she sat down.

The rumour about a fan who fainted after the concert quickly reached BAP’s changing room and when they learnt the identity of this fan, one of the members immediately rushed into the corridor searching for the unfortunate girl. When he saw her on the stretcher, he didn’t hesitate and ran towards her.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hi my dedicated readers!!

Thanks to my new subscribers for trusting me and for loving the UpHi couple!!!

I’m sorry for being so slow with my updates! I don’t know why but I struggled with this chapter! I hope you will enjoy it!

Credits for the Concert review: http://enewsworld.interest.me/enews/contents.asp?idx=29958

I used this article to write this chapter since I unfortunately didn’t attend BAP’s first concert ==’

PS: The airport fashion I used as Lee Hi's outfit for the concert ^^

QF1TI4i.jpg