Separated by an ocean

My Rookie Monster Fangirl [sequel to My Best Absolute Perfect Fanboy]

“Hi Jongup!

You’re welcome! If my letters can bring you some strength, it’s an honor!

LOL I understand! My mother loves to embarrass me as well! I guess they can’t help it! The major problem is that they don’t even notice they’re ridiculing us!

I’m really happy the friendship and the closeness you’re showing us in public are genuine and that you’re behaving the same way in the everyday life! I would have been disappointed if it was just an act. I laughed a lot when I read the anecdotes you wrote in your letter about your members. Himchan is definitely a playboy kekeke And don’t be too harsh with Daehyun! His Busan accent is adorable. I would love to have great friends like you but unfortunately I’m far from being a social butterfly. People are kind of afraid to approach me since I look cold on the outside. They don’t even try to understand who I am in the inside……I don’t know why I’m talking about that with you. I guess I just feel comfortable! I hope I don’t bother you with my problems and that I don’t scare you LOL

I really wish TS could give you more free time and let you see your family. You deserve it! You work so hard every day to please your agency, to please your fans and to not let down your fellow members.

In high school, I study in the regular section but since I choose a special music optional course, I often see Zelo but I doubt he knows me. There are a lot of students in this section.

Anyway, I read on a website that you would perform overseas for your Pacific Tour so I wish you good luck for this amazing experience!! Performing in the United States must be so incredible for all of you. I’d like to travel abroad too! I dream to visit Europe and especially Paris, London and Rome. What about you?

Hope to receive your answer soon!

Have a nice trip in the US!

Your faithful fan”

Jongup was in his hotel room in the US, having a day off in the middle of their series of concerts in Uncle Sam’s country. It was amazing to be in this country he wanted to visit so badly when he was younger but sadly, he couldn’t enjoy this trip to the fullest. Even if his body was physically in the US, his heart and his soul were still in Korea…..with her.

At the window of his hotel room, he was glancing gloomily at the amazing skyscrapers landscape in front of his eyes. He picked the letter which was lying next to him and read it for the umpteenth time. When he finished reading it, he brought the letter next to his heart and sighed loudly. He was missing her so much and especially today. He couldn’t help but being jealous of all the 500 fans that would have the chance to attend her first concert today while he was stuck there. He reached for his backpack and fished a ticket in it and contemplated it with regret. It was an invitation for Lee Hi’s first concert. Someone anonymously sent it to him but unfortunately his schedule didn’t allow him to attend. He creased the invitation in his fist and threw it away at the other end of his room before changing his mind and picking up the paper to unfold it. He placed the invitation preciously in his wallet and read the letter once again.

Ha Yi knew that he was in the US so who send him the invitation?? It was a mystery! Of course, he had asked s but they swore they didn’t send it. They would have just given him the invitation instead of sending it. Who knew that he wanted to attend this concert so badly? It was really bothering him! Few people knew about his crush and they all promised him this invitation wasn’t one of their very twisted plans. Did Lee Hi talk about him to someone? A friend? Not really convincing since she said herself in her letter that she didn’t have much friends. It broke his heart when he read that particular part of the letter where she confided him she wasn’t “a social butterfly”. In his eyes, she was a beautiful butterfly and it didn’t matter if she was awkward and not very at ease in the society. He was really annoyed that people just looked at the outside and judged a person without even trying to know her. Ha Yi definitely looked cold at first but when you tried to know her better, she was a very sweet and smart girl. He was very touched she trusted him enough to share with him her deep thoughts, even her more painful ones. Through this correspondence, he was feeling more and more close to her.

Someone suddenly interrupted his thoughts when opening violently his bedroom door.

“Gup, stop ruminating dark ideas alone in your room!!! Come with us! Yongguk hyung and Himchan hyungs want to go shopping and Daehyun and Youngjae hyungs are planning to visit the city!” Zelo exclaimed enthusiastically.

Jongup looked at him with a blank face.

“Gosh I can’t believe you’re in this zombie state while we’re in the US! In the US bro!! Give yourself a shake!! Do something!!” Zelo tried to make his friend react.

“I’m not in the mood! I feel homesick!” Jongup finally shared what was bothering him with his friend.

Zelo shook his head, not believing Jongup’s excuses.

“I’m sure you’re sick but you’re definitely not homesick! You’re lovesick as usual!” Zelo sighed.

“Maybe! But don’t you understand that I should be THERE today for her concert?? Her first concert!!! I almost screamed when I received the invitation until I saw the date of the concert!! Such a bad twist of fate!” BAP’s dance prodigy grumbled.

Zelo thought about Jongup’s words and after a mental deliberation with himself, he decided that Jongup was now ready!

“Ok! Desperate times call for desperate measures! I didn’t tell you before but I think it’s now the time! While we were working for our school project, Ha Yi gave me her number!” Zelo stopped when he saw Jongup’s eyes bulging out of their sockets.

“Calm down!! I didn’t want to give it to you before because I thought you weren’t close enough and she would have probably felt uncomfortable if you texted her! Now, the situation is different! You spend a lot of time together so I guess she trusts you enough now! Here is her number! So cheer up!! Text her, congratulate her for her concert and come with us to have some fun!! It annoys me so much to see you locked in your room while we’re in this amazing city.” The giant maknae scolded his hyung.

Feeling the hope filling his heart anew, he finally smiled for the first time since their arrival in the US.

“Thanks Junhong!! I owe you so much! If one day, you’re crushing on someone, I’ll gladly help you even if I don’t have a genius brain like yours to imagine strategies and plans.” Jongup grinned.

“I won’t forget this promise Chingu. Are you ready to leave your bedroom now?” Zelo asked his friend.

“I’ll send a text to you know who and then I’ll join you guys!! I need some fresh air and I would kill for a traditional American hotdog.” Jongup announced while grabbing his phone.

“Of course!! Ha Yi comes first!! I feel a bit jealous of her, you know! I don’t like sharing you with her!” Zelo said teasingly.

After that, he quickly escaped the room just in time to avoid a cushion sent in his direction.

“Yah don’t be violent lover boy!!” Zelo shouted behind the door before heading towards his own room to grab a backpack for their walk in the city.

-------------------------------------------------

Lee Hi’s POV

I was waiting for the debut of my first ever concert on the couch of my waiting room, playing with the hem of my skirt. I was so anxious despite the fact that it wasn’t my first time performing in front of a huge crowd. I sang in front of thousands of people at PSY Oppa’s concert but today it was very different. All these persons came just for me …….to see me and to listen to me and I was so afraid to disappoint them. A handshake event would also take place after the concert and it was even more intimidating than the concert! Aish me and my stupid insecurities!

My thoughts suddenly shifted towards Jongup who was in the United States….so far away from here. I hoped he was doing well there for his concerts with BAP.

My ringtone suddenly interrupted my train of thoughts so I grabbed my phone and answered it. It was probably my mother or my manager.

“Hi YG Princess!! I wanted to cheer on you before this first big event in your career so Ha Yi…….FIGHTING!!!” Dara yelled the last part along with her 2NE1 members!!

“Thanks Unnis!!” I replied as tears appeared in my eyes.

It was very important for me to feel the love of my fellow labelmates and Dara was definitely the best when it came to share her enthusiasm and her joie de vivre.

“We prepared a surprise for you! We can’t come to your concert since we have a schedule today but we sent an invitation to someone who will definitely bring a smile on your face.” Dara said mysteriously.

“Who?” I arched an eyebrow, a bit confused.

“Try to guess!” Dara replied playfully.

“It can’t be my mother since I know YG invited her personally. My father maybe?”

“No!”

“My Unni?”

“No!”

“Is it someone from my family?”

“No!”

“Someone close to me?”

“Definitely!”

“A girl?”

“No!”

“So it’s a boy close to me but not a family member!” I summed up all the clues Dara Unni gave me.

I scratched my head, thinking deeply. Finally, it hit me!

“Oh no Unni you didn’t!!” I yelled, startled by the realization.

“Of course I did! Jongup has to come and since they weren’t many tickets available, we sent him an invitation.” Dara explained.

“That’s nice of you but I know he won’t come!” I said sadly.

“Why??? Of course he’ll come! Don’t be stupid little girl!” Dara scolded me like my mother would do.

“He won’t! He’s in the United States for BAP’s Pacific Tour!” I explained.

I heard a series of sighs at the other end of the line. It seemed my 2NE1 Unnis were as disappointed as me.

“Aish so annoying! I hope he’ll have the opportunity to attend one of your concerts in the future! As your boyfriend, it will be his duty to do so!” Dara started teasing me.

“Unniiiiiiiii!” I whined.

“Bye bye Princess!” Dara hung up, not wanting to deal with my lecture about how she shouldn’t consider Jongup and I as an item for now.

I frowned as I put down my phone on the couch but a smile quickly appeared on my face. My Unnis were so caring and thoughtful and talking with Dara helped me forget about my anxiety momentarily.

I was planning to resume on fidgeting with my skirt when I heard a knock on the door. I invited the person to enter and the smiling face of my manager appeared.

“Ha Yi, I have great news for you. Your father and you Unni managed to take a day off and they are here today for your concert.” My manager beamed.

“Really???” I asked hopefully.

“Yes! YG asked me to personally invite the rest of your family for today’s event. You will even have the chance to spend the rest of the day with them.” He added.

At his words, I felt overjoyed and my cheeks hurt because of smiling so much.

“Thanks!!! Thanks a lot!!!! I’m so excited right now!” I bowed to thank my manager.

“You’re welcome Ha Yi! I know that your family is a great source of strength for you so I’m sure you’ll do your best during this concert to show them how much you learnt at YG. I’ll let you now. The concert will start in a few minutes so breathe, dink some water and ……no stress. I trust you. You’ll do well.” My manager said before exiting the room.

As soon as the door closed, I jumped up and down …..not really following my manager’s advises but I had to expulse the excess of joy from my body in order to focus on the concert.

In the middle of my little celebration, I heard my ringtone again. It was maybe Dara who forgot to tell me something. I looked at the screen of my phone and opened the text I just received. I didn’t know the number so I was a bit suspicious.

The text appeared on the screen and my eyes widened as I read it.

“Hi Ha Yi! It’s Jongup! You must be surprised while reading these lines. Junhong gave me your number and so I wanted to cheer on you and give you all my courage for your first concert. It must be a very meaningful event for you and I would have loved to be there but I’m in the US for a few days. Ha Yi, don’t doubt too much about you or about your skills! You are an amazing girl and an amazing artist!! I’m positively sure your fans will enjoy this moment with you. Miss Ha Yi fighting!!! Jongup =^.^=”

Wow that was unexpected. I re-read the text five or six times, trying to decipher a deeper meaning in his words. When I noticed I was able to recite the exact words of the text by heart, I brought the phone to my heart. I would have loved to see Jongup in the audience today but this text was definitely an appreciable alternative. Gosh this guy was so sweet.

When I realized I finally had his personal phone number, I jumped up and down again pumping my fists in the hair in victory.

“I’m the queen of the world!!!” I screamed.

Unfortunately for me, a staff member appeared at my door frame and caught me red handed during my little celebration, looking very much like a monkey which just received bananas.

“………sorry miss! I just wanted to inform you that the concert starts!” He looked at me with a confused look.

“Oh ….euh thanks! I come.” I replied, my cheeks red because of the embarrassment.

He closed the door so I took 10 seconds to read Jongup’s text once again before stepping on stage.

I was now feeling like I could move mountains thanks to my manager’s announcement and thanks to Jongup’s sweet attention.

I made a mental note to answer him just after the concert before finally entering the stage under the loud cheers of the audience.

Love definitely gave you wings!!!!!

Hi dear readers!

I’m back with a new chapter. I’m sorry if you wanted some interaction between our little couple but as you know they’re both idols and they can’t always be together kekeke

I’ll try to organize a meeting between them in next chapter ^^

I hope I didn’t disappoint you!

Thanks a lot for your support!

Bye