A public explanation

My Rookie Monster Fangirl [sequel to My Best Absolute Perfect Fanboy]

All the BAP members were gathered in their waiting room, getting prepared for their appearance in the humoristic variety show “Weekly Idol”. They were a bit nervous since appearing in this kind of show wasn’t an easy task for idols. Indeed, they had to look cool, share funny stories and make a fool themselves while maintaining a good image. Thankfully, the two MCs of the show were really nice despite the fact that they were teasing their guests a lot on broadcast. BAP already filmed a Weekly Idol episode during a previous cycle of promotion and Defconn and Jung Hyung Don were very considerate and helpful behind the scenes. They shared with the BAP members a lot of tips to help them feeling more comfortable during the filming.

Jongup was the most nervous of them all. He wasn’t a variety idol at all and was always feeling awkward when he had to film for a TV show. He was always struggling when he had to share stories or when people were teasing him. Thankfully, the only thing people were asking him on variety shows was always related to dance since he was BAP charismatic dancer. Dancing was definitely his thing so it was okay for him to freestyle or to show a part of their choreography.

“Hey Jongup! I have great news for you.” Zelo shook his friend’s shoulders.

“What?” Jongup said grumpily, all his attention focused on the upcoming stressful filming.

“Are you ready to explain everything to Ha Yi?” Zelo tried to catch the attention of his friend.

“Whaaaat?” Jongup turned his head towards Zelo’s direction.

“I was sure I would obtain a reaction if I mentioned the name of your beloved crush.” Zelo smirked.

“Aish you’re so useless.” Jongup shook his head, disappointed.

“So you don’t want my help?” Zelo questioned mischievously.

“Zeloooo! Stop beating around the bush. Why don’t you get straight to the point? It’s really tiring you know!” Jongup sighed.

“Okay okay! I’ll tell you. I talked with Defconn Hyung just few minutes ago and I told him about TS confiscating our phones!” Zelo started explaining.

“And so what?” Jongup tried to understand Zelo’s point.

“He thought that it could be a funny topic to discuss during the broadcast. You’ll definitely have the opportunity to explain everything indirectly to Ha Yi.” Zelo said with a bright smile.

“Really? You did that? I’ll have the chance to explain the whole situation to her? Awesome!!! Zelo, you’re the best! Sorry for being grumpy and all! I know that you’re my best wingman when it comes to Ha Yi!” Jongup replied to Zelo’s smile with an equally bright grin.

“I’m happy if I can help! It’s really depressing to see you mourning for her all day long so of course I’m your best support!” Zelo punched his friend’s shoulder.

“Thanks! Tell me if you need my help to seduce a girl in the future. I’ll be your wingman. I owe you so much.” Jongup exclaimed.

“Beware! I won’t forget your promise!” Zelo winked.

As the two friends were high fiving each other, a staff member opened the door of BAP’s waiting room.

“BAP, you’ll start filming in ten minutes!” A forty-year old man signified laconically before shutting the door.

BAP’s leader stood up from the couch where he was talking with Himchan. All s stood up as well and got in line.

“Are you all ready?” Yong Guk started reviewing his troop like a general.

“Yes Sir!” All s yelled in chorus.

“Great!” Yong Guk said satisfied.

Ten minutes later, the six young men exited their waiting room to rejoin the filming set of “Weekly Idol”.

The two MCs welcomed them warmly and they started chatting animatedly about BAP’s promotion and about the upcoming filming.

After five minutes, the PD in charge of the show finally walked in and greeted everyone.

“Hi everybody! I hope you’re all motivated! Let’s start filming now!” He said enthusiastically.

The BAP members and the two MCs stopped talking and bowed. They immediately positioned themselves as the script said and put a smile on their face.

All the staff was now ready and so the filming started with a talk session. They chatted about BAP’s daily life at the dorm, their busy schedule, their love for their dedicated fans, their future world tour. Finally, Defconn decided to change the topic of the conversation and asked the most important question for Jongup.  

“I heard from one of your members that TS confiscated your personal cellphones during all your preparation for “1004” promotion and you’ll only have them back at the end of this cycle of promotion. How are you feeling without your phones? Do you feel resentful towards TS?” The mischievous MC asked.

“Not at all! We understand their decision even if it’s hard! Our cellphones are our only link with our friends and family so it’s like we don’t have families anymore.” Daehyun replied.

 “Personally, I think TS took our phones because they didn’t want to keep on paying for our very high phone fees. Since we used them in the USA to call our families here in South Korea, they are very reluctant to pay for our expensive phone conversations!” Zelo said humorously.

Everybody laughed at Zelo’s funny anecdote.

“You’re probably right Zelo! Who knew that international phone calls were so expensive?” Himchan agreed to his friend’s theory.

“The worst was probably my phone call with my brother. I wanted to , bragging that I was in the USA and not him! Childish I know! Finally, we ended chatting about all and nothing for more than an hour!” Yong Guk talked about his relation with his twin brother.

“Ouch, poor TS Entertainment!! I understand why they took your phones! You’re spending their money so easily and so carelessly!” Defconn joked.

His fellow MC nodded in agreement.

“I have an idea! Since you won’t have your phones back until the end of your cycle of promotion, we will offer you the opportunity to address a message to your family and friends here in “Weekly Idol”! But keep it simple! Just say that you’re still alive, that you’re eating well and sleeping well!” Jung Hyung Don teased the BAP members.

He couldn’t imagine that he was offering to Jongup a golden opportunity to talk indirectly to Ha Yi.

“Go ahead Youngjae! We all know that you miss your dear mummy!” Himchan laughed.

Youngjae punched Himchan’s shoulder but decided to start anyway.

“Yah! Stop being so noisy!” Youngjae sent a death glare to his hyung. “So, Mum and Dad, I just want to say that I’m fine. We have a lot of fun on stage with this new song and our fans are supporting us very fervently. I know that you are supporting us as well so thanks a lot! Thanks for letting me pursuing an artistic career, thanks for believing in me and thanks for your love! And to all my friends, I hope you’re doing fine in college! Let’s see each other soon! I’ll treat you for soju and samgyupsal!” Youngjae smiled.

“Oh so touching!” Jung Hyung Don said with a falsetto voice faking wiping a tear on his cheek.

Everybody burst into laughter except for Youngjae. When the set became quieter, Zelo knew that it was now or never for Jongup.

“Jongup, go ahead! I know that you have an important message for your family!” Zelo nudged Jongup, encouraging him to talk.

Jongup was busy fidgeting with his tee. He was wondering if he would have enough courage to talk. After hesitating few seconds, he took a deep breath and fixed the main camera.

“Hi everybody! I hope you’re all doing fine! If you’re wondering why you didn’t received any news from me during the past weeks….well now you know the reason! I didn’t have my phone and my laptop so I couldn’t send any message or email. TS was very strict this time but our efforts and our scrifices paid since we grabbed some wins in music shows! I hope you were happy for us, happy for me. It was very hard not being able to communicate with you during all these weeks! I hope you didn’t misunderstand my silence. I love you all! Hope to see you soon…..maybe at ajhumma’s coffee shop!” Jongup finished with a subtle hint for Ha Yi.

All the members smiled slightly at Jongup’s message, all aware that it was not only destined to Jongup’s family but also to the girl he loved deeply.

After Jongup, the two hyungs, Daehyun and Zelo also addressed messages to their relatives and then the filming continued with games and fun talks. As expected, Jongup was asked to show his free style dancing skills, Bang Yong Gook had to showcase his cringing aegyo for the delight …or the horror of everyone, Zelo was measured to verify if he could be qualified as giant. Youngjae and Daehyun sang high notes to check if their voices could break crystal glasses. To finish, Himchan played a traditional Korean instrument, proving his amazing musical talent.

After five hours interrupted by few breaks, the PD wrapped the filming and everybody clapped their hands.

“Great job kids and great job everyone! Thanks for your hard work!” The TV show PD congratulated the BAP members and his staff.

They boys bowed to everyone before leaving the filming set.

Once in their waiting room, all the guys minus Jongup whistled.

“Congrats boy!”

“She’ll definitely forgive you after this touching message!”

“You’ll win her back thanks your sweet talk!”

“Well done Guppie!”

“She will be yours after that!”

All the members talked altogether, making the waiting room very noisy.

They calmed down when their manager entered the room.

“Guys, you don’t have time to lazy around! We have a schedule in one hour at the other side of Seoul so let’s go! Great job by the way!” The manager hurried them, not forgetting to congratulate his protégés.

They all gathered their stuff and exited the room, giving knowing looks towards Jongup.

---------------------------------------------

Few days later at Lee Hi’s apartment

Lee Hi’s Unni was lying down on the couch of the living room, zapping absent-mindedly until she came across a special Weekly Idol featuring BAP. She sat down on the couch, circled her knees with her arms and focused on the TV show. Her sister was still under the shower so there was no point calling for her.

She listened to BAP’s funny stories, laughed at their jokes and at the two MCs hilarious teasing.

Finally she heard Ha Yi’s opening the bathroom door.

“Ha Yi!!! Come! Special Weekly Idol with BAP right now! You can’t miss that!” The oldest sister yelled.

“Really!! I coooome!!” Ha Yi replied while running towards the living room.

She jumped on the couch next to her sister, grabbed a cover and wrapped herself and her sister in it.

Lee Hi’s POV

It was such a pleasure to be there with my sister, just watching television like we did when we were younger. It was a warm and comforting feeling.

My sister and I burst into laughter at the same moment because of BAP funny antics. These boys were really hilarious. 

In the middle of the show, Defconn talked about something very enlightening to me: the confiscation of BAP’s phones and laptops by TS.

My sister and I looked at each other with wide eyes.

“Oh my god! Of course! That was the only possible explanation for his behavior!!” My sister exclaimed.

I couldn’t articulate a word because of the surprise and the relief. He didn’t ignore me on purpose. I was feeling so light after this revelation.

“I knew that he loved you!!! I’m so exciiiited!” My Unni shook me.

“Shh! I’m trying to listen to what they’re saying!” I said, focusing on the show.

Youngjae addressed a very moving message to his relatives. I wiped a tear and saw from the corner of my eye my sister doing the same. We’re real cry babies in the family.

Then it was Jongup’s turn to talk. I didn’t know what I was expecting but my heart was beating a bit faster than usual.

“Hi everybody! I hope you’re all doing fine! If you’re wondering why you didn’t received any news from me during the past weeks….well now you know the reason! I didn’t have my phone and my laptop so I couldn’t send any message or email. TS was very strict this time but our efforts paid since we grabbed some wins in music shows! I hope you were happy for us, happy for me. It was very hard not being able to communicate with you during all these weeks! I hope you didn’t misunderstand my silence. I love you all! Hope to see you soon…..maybe at ajhumma’s coffee shop!”

At the end of Jongup’s message, I inhaled deeply, realizing that I held my breath during the whole time he was speaking.

Ajhumma’s coffee shop!! He talked about ajhumma’s coffee shop! The place where we used to meet! I think he talked directly to me!!!! Ottoke???? What did it mean? My sister immediately gave me the answer.

“He’s definitely still in love with you, sweetie!” My Unni announced solemnly while pressing my hand.

---------------------------------------------------

Hi!

New chapter!

We’re now one step closer to UpHi’s reunion!!!  Are you excited???

Thanks to all my new subscribers for choosing this fic, tahnks to all the readers who follow me since the beginning, thanks for your support and thanks for your comments!!