First date

My Rookie Monster Fangirl [sequel to My Best Absolute Perfect Fanboy]

Ha Yi couldn’t suppress the smile on her face on her way back home. She was felling very light, as light as a feather. Jongup asked her to be his girlfriend. He did it! After all these months of misunderstandings, they were now a couple. She could still feel the butterflies in her tummy.

Ha Yi’s Unni was observing her sister from the corner of the eye. The grin on her lips could not go unnoticeable. She was very happy her little sister found someone who loved her the way she deserved to be. All her previous crushes were one-sided and it was quite painful to see her suffering but now, she had Jongup. Finally, her sister’s decision to become a Kpop singer wasn’t a bad one after all. Of course, she used to be anxious when her sister told her she wanted to try the audition for Kpop Star but then when she read on Internet all the praises written by viewers following each of Ha Yi’s performances, she knew that her sister was meant to be a singer. All the comments were unanimous: Ha Yi’s voice was soft but also powerful and people couldn’t help but feel very touched by the emotions her voice could convey. And now, here she was, a young woman, a professional artist, the girlfriend of a charming young man. She felt very proud of her dongseng.

“So? Did you enjoy the concert? Maybe you preferred what happened after?” Ha Yi’s older sister broke the silence with a bit of teasing.

The younger girl blushed instantly at the question, unable to hide her embarrassment.

“Unnie, don’t torment me!” Ha Yi whined. “And for your information, I appreciated both the concert and Jongup’s confession.”

“I’m so happy for you and also quite envious. I wish someone would love me like Jongup loves you. I don’t know if you noticed but when he spotted you after the door opened, an incredible smile illuminated his face. I thought he would eat you up alive.” Ha Yi’s sister cracked a smile.

“I know that I’m lucky and I’m sure you will soon be. You didn’t meet someone at the university?” Ha Yi asked her sister.

The older sibling immediately lowered her gaze to avoid Ha Yi’s piercing eyes as if she had something to hide.

“Unni, do you have someone in mind already? Tell me!! Tell me!!” Ha Yi grabbed her sister by the shoulders and shook her.

“Hey no need to bully me, midget! I’ll tell you even if it’s nothing!” Ha Yi’s sister released herself from her younger sister fierce grip.

“Nothing, really? Tell me and lemme judge!” Ha Yi refused to give up.

“Okay so there’s this guy I see every day at the library. We both study there after our day at the university and we both stay quite late. I caught his eyes on me several times and I can’t deny he’s very attractive. I never plucked up the courage to talk to him…..Honestly, I’m waiting for him to make the first move. It’s stupid I know.” Ha Yi’s sister confessed shyly.

“Yoooooh! My Unni is in love!!” Ha Yi squealed.

“Sssh! Don’t be so loud!” The older sister placed her hand firmly on Ha Yi’s mouth to prevent her from shouting and waking up the neighborhood.

“Mmf! Re-lease me!” Ha Yi whispered, her voice muffled by her sister’s hand.

After few seconds and a promise to stay calm, Ha Yi’s Unni released her midget sister.

“Thanks! I’m happy for you and I hope this guy has balls or else you’ll have to wait a long time before he decides to make a move.” Ha Yi laughed.

“Ha Yi, don’t be vulgar! ……..But to be completely honest, you’re kind of right! I wouldn’t have the courage to contact him first so let’s pray that he is a real man!” Ha Yi’s sister returned her dongseng smile. “Upon these wise words, it’s time to go to bed. Good night baby sis’!”

“Good night Unni!”

Ha Yi hugged her sister and headed to her room. She waved goodbye and closed her door.

As soon as she did so, she heard her ringtone. She quickly grabbed her phone in her pocket and opened the message that just arrived.

From Gupie: I already miss you <3 Good night Ha Yi!

Ha Yi grinned at the sight of Jongup’s sweet words.

To Gupie: Miss you too! Good night Jongup!

After this sweet message, Ha Yi prepared herself for the night and soon fell asleep, a sweet smile grazing her lips.

---------------------------------------------

Few days later

From Gupie: Hi! I have a day off tomorrow and I wanted to invite you to a date in Sokcho. I used to go there with my parents during summer holiday when I was a kid. We could visit the Naksansa Temple and stroll on the Naksan Beach. I’m sure you’ll like this place as much as I love it!

To Gupie: I would love it! I have no schedule for tomorrow so it’s perfect!

From Gupie: Great! I can’t wait to see you again!! *hug*

To Gupie: Me too! *hug*

Ha Yi looked at her phone screen with a wide smile. Her first date with Jongup!! She was beyond excited.

“Unnie!!!!” Ha Yi shouted, running towards the living room where her sister was reading.

“Ha Yi? What’s the matter?” She asked, raising her head from her book.

“Jongup asked me for a date tomorrow.” Ha Yi beamed.

“Omo so sweet! But don’t you think it’s a bit risky? What about paparazzi?” Ha Yi’s sister worried.

“We are going to Sokcho. It will be a lot more discreet than here in Seoul. And as usual, hat and sunglasses!” Ha Yi explained.

“Great! Do you want me to drive you there?” The older sister proposed.

“That would be great! Thanks Unnie!!!”

The next day

After choosing her outfit carefully (a white dress, a sleeveless jean jacket, white sneakers) and doing her hair (two messy braids), Ha Yi and her Unnie left their apartment and drove towards Sokcho.

When they finally arrived at their destination, Ha Yi’s Unnie dropped her little sister near the entrance of the Temple.

“I’ll pick you up at this same place at 8 this evening! Enjoy your date sweetheart!” The older sister said before leaving.

Ha Yi waved her hand and when she could no longer see her sister’s car, she sat down on a bench waiting for Jongup. Feeling a bit anxious, she started fidgeting with the hem of her dress. Suddenly, she felt a presence behind her and soon, two warm hands covered her eyes.

“Guess who is it?” A recognizable voice asked.

“Gupiiiee!!” Ha Yi exclaimed, removing his hands from her face.

She stood up and Jongup immediately embraced her so tightly that she could no longer feel the soil under her feet . With this hug and the comfortable presence of her boyfriend, all of her previous anxiousness vanished.

“I missed you!!” He whispered in her ear.

Ha Yi blushed at his confession. She was still a bit shy around him and it was only their first date after all.

“Me too!” Ha Yi replied.

Jongup finally released his girlfriend and grabbed her hand.

“Are you ready to visit this temple? This place is incredible. It’s very peaceful. Very different from our busy life in Seoul!”

Ha Yi nodded and so they walked towards the temple hand in hand.

They spent two whole hours strolling in the magnificent temple, admiring statues and paintings. Before exiting, they stayed in front of the sea, Ha Yi firmly secured between Jongup’s arms, appreciating the calm of the place and the chance of being with their significant other.

After this spiritual moment, they headed towards the Naksan beach where they chose a little restaurant selling seafood dishes.

“I can’t believe this restaurant still exists!! When I spent my holiday there with my family as a kid, we used to eat here every day after our afternoon at the beach.” Jongup said excitedly.

Ha Yi smiled at him, happy to hear him evocating his past.

“With my father, we spent a lot of time fishing near the harbor. I kinda miss these moments with my family. I feel like I’ll never be able to do this with them ever again!” Jongup said sadly.

“You’re wrong! When I hear you talking about your relatives, I can feel your connection with them. This link will never be destroyed and I’m sure that you will be able to create many new beautiful memories with them!” Ha Yi grabbed Jongup’s hand to comfort him.

He smiled, touched by Ha Yi’s thoughtfulness.

“At the moment, I’m happy to create new memories here with you.” Jongup pressed Hayi’s hand.

When the waitress came to their table, they placed their order and after their order was served, they spent their meal sharing their childhood memories with the other in a very comfortable atmosphere.

After their delicious meal, they left the restaurant still hand in hand.

“What about walking in the sand?” Ha Yi asked.

“Let’s do this!” Jongup accepted.

They both removed their shoes and plunged their feet in the sand with delight.

“I love it!!! Feeling the sand under my feet!!” Ha Yi clapped in her hands. “It’s been so long since I last came to the seaside. Thanks a lot for this date Jongup!”

“Seeing you happy makes me feel happy!” Jongup beamed.

They walked side by side, enjoying the warm of the sunrays and the wind brushing their faces.

“Did you tell your members about our date or did you make up an excuse to leave them?” Ha Yi asked.

“I told them! Honestly, they ship us together!” The young man burst into laughter.

Ha Yi laughed as well, amused by the BAP members mindset.

“As for me, only my sister knows for us. I didn’t tell anyone else but as you already know, my 2NE1 Unnies also ship us together!” Ha Yi revealed.

“Oh yes I remember when they came in our waiting room! It was such a shock to see them! Bom Sunbae was really intimidating….even quite scary to be honest!” Jongup remembered the past events with the famous YG female group.

“Bom Unnie is quite famous for being an alien! She’s very strange but she’s also very caring! That’s what I like in her!” Ha Yi smiled.

Jongup was carefully listening to Ha Yi when he suddenly had an idea. He started running towards the water and Ha Yi had no other choice but following him since he still had her hand in his. Jongup didn’t slow down and they arrived in the water at full speed. Because of their brutal arrival in the water, Ha Yi and Jongup were now totally wet and had water reaching their knees. They paused to catch up their breath and when they finally looked at each other, they started laughing hysterically.

“Look at us! We’re all wet now!” Ha Yi feigned complaining with her hands resting on her hips like a scolding ajhumma.

Instead of replying, Jongup splashed more water on Ha Yi. The young woman immediately replied to Jongup’s attack by projecting loads of water on him. To block Ha Yi’s fierce retaliation, Jongup grabbed her arms, catching her by surprise and making her freeze. He looked at her right in the eyes, contemplating her dark orbs and the delicate droplets of water trapped on her long eyelashes. He released her arms and s his arms around her waist, bringing her closer. Forgetting everything, he leaned in and kissed her rosy lips. Ha Yi felt a bit shy because of Jongup’s sudden PDA but soon, she forgot about her surroundings and responded to Jongup’s kiss. After a moment that felt like an eternity, they broke the kiss. Jongup rested his forehead on Hayi’s, enjoying their proximity, wanting to engrave this moment in his memory.

“Ha Yi, I love you!” Jongup confessed.

“I love you too!” Ha Yi replied without hesitation.

After this tender moment, they walked towards the beach and sat on the sand, waiting for the sun to dry their clothes.

They spent the rest of the day near the beach, eating ice cream, cycling, chatting. At the end of the day, the time for goodbye came. They went back to the temple were Ha Yi’s sister had planned to pick her up.

“My sister will soon be there so before she comes, I want to thank you for this wonderful day! This first date with you was just perfect so thank you! Thank you for planning all this just for me!!” Ha Yi declared with passion.

“It was a wonderful for me as well! After so many struggles and misunderstandings, you’re finally my girlfriend and we were finally able to enjoy our first date together! I hope this date was just the first of numerous other ones!” Jongup smiled.

He reduced the space between him and Ha Yi and deposed a sweet goodbye kiss on Ha Yi’s lips.

“Goodbye Ha Yi!” Jongup whispered.

“Goodbye Jongup!” Ha Yi answered.

At 8 pm exactly, a car arrived and parked on the side of the road. HaYi recognized her sister’s vehicle so she waved at Jongup and got in the car.

“Thanks for taking care of my lil’sis Jongup-shi! According to the wide smile on her face, you two had a splendid day! Thanks again! Bye Jongup-shi!” Ha Yi’s Unni said through the open window.

Jongup nodded and waved at the car that was quickly disappearing from his sight.

“That was definitely a splendid day!” Jongup whispered for himself.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hi readers!

I don’t know if you are still reading this fic! Maybe you completely forgot about my story and I can’t blame you since I literally abandoned this story for so long (I don’t even want to count because I’m too ashamed!)! I promised you I wouldn’t give up this story and here I am with this chapter that I had so much trouble to write! Maybe I’m better at writing drama than writing sweet moments!

So I hope you enjoyed reading this first date! I really wanted to write something original and not just the traditional amusement park date! I hope I succeeded in making you squeal at this couple adorableness ^^

Thanks for keeping on following me, thanks for not abandoning me!

There’s only one chapter to come before the closure of this story! Don’t worry! This chapter is almost complete so you won’t have to wait for months before reading this last chapter!

Bye dedicated and faithful readers! I’m lucky to have you ^^

*bows*