A letter and exciting year-end events!!

My Rookie Monster Fangirl [sequel to My Best Absolute Perfect Fanboy]

 Lee Hi’s POV

“Hi Jongup-shi!

1) I just wanted to congratulate you for this amazing first year you had with BAP. You took the Kpop world by storm with your kickass debut track “Warrior” in February and continued then with the equally good “Power” and “No Mercy”. I admit that I started following you and your group just recently with the release of “Stop It” and so I’m a new fan. What’s caught my attention the most was your versatility, always oscillating between cuteness and toughness, dorkiness and seriousness. I like all the members but you’re my favorite. I really admire you and your dancing skills. When you dance, it feels like you’re not affected by gravity, your feet floating and moving gracefully above the floor. You were probably born to dance. Each time I’m watching a BAP’s performance, I’m waiting for your dance break impatiently. Your inspiration while freestyling and the fluidity of your moves are really impressive. But you’re not only a good dancer. Your soft voice is very charming and your good looks adorable. *blushes* You have a kind and shy aura (I don’t know if it’s your real character ^^), something mysterious in your eyes, something that intrigued me in the first place. You’re a very interesting person, Moon Jongup!!!

2) Just to talk a bit about me, I’m the same age as you and so I feel quite close to you. I wonder how you’re living your life as an idol, how it is to live in such proximity with five other persons, how you manage to follow your studies alongside your idol life. Yes, I’m a very curious girl ^^

3) Anyway, thanks for reading my little blabbering!! I wish you a new amazing year with your members and maybe a first win in a music program! I wish you all the best Moon Jongup and I will keep on following you. Not the stalkerish way of course kekeke

4) Bye and take care!

An anonymous Baby and dedicated Cheetos!!”

I reread my letter for the umpteenth time and smiled satisfied by my wording. Writing was definitely easier than talking for me! The words hidden in my brain cells were easier to catch with a pen than with my tongue. I grinned at the sight of the little numbers I wrote in my letter, four numbers as four small hints about my identity, the four numbers which helped me rise to fame! 1,2,3,4 !!!

Now, I needed to send it, hoping that he would read it. I couldn’t help but wonder if idols had the time to read all their fans’ letters. Since I was just a rookie solo artist, the amount of letters I was receiving was acceptable so I had the time to read them all but I guess the situation was quite different with such a popular rookie group.

---------------------------------------------------------

Jongup’s POV

I was reading some letters from our fans and amongst the burning love declarations and crazy wedding proposals; I found a letter which was written differently than the others. There were no red and pink hearts, no perfume on it, no pictures of the author of the letter! It was a simple sheet, the text was simple and yet the impression was different! The compliments were the usual one about my dancing skills and my appearance but reading them warmed my heart. This girl looked sincere and it was like she could see behind the appearances. She didn’t tell a lot about her, something quite unusual in a fan letter. Yes strangely, fans loved to talk a lot about themselves in their letters maybe secretly hoping that we would fall in love with them just by reading their letters!

Suddenly, I noticed the numbers which were beginning the four paragraphs of the letter. It wasn’t common. In fact, noting about this letter was common so I decided to keep it in my pocket. It would maybe be a source of strength when I’ll feel exhausted and sad in the future.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The end of 2012 was a busy period for both BAP and Lee Hi since artists and idols had a lot of activities for Christmas and New Year events. They both attended the SBS Gayo Daejun and the MBC Gayo Daejun.

MBC Gayo Daejun

---------------------------------------------------------------

Lee Hi’s POV

Here I was in the audience of this year-end event watching my crush dancing too closely with Hyosung, one of his Secret sunbaes. My heart was burning inside, burning of jealousy!!! I’ve never been the jealous type before but right now I was starting to understand this feeling all too well. That girl had a perfect body, she was known as the ultimate bagel girl and she was dancing with my …….with Jongup!!! I would have handled it better if he had danced with Jieun or Sunhwa but it was way more complicated with Hyosung since she was the ideal type of many idols! What if Jongup had the choice to choose one of his Secret sunbaes during that radio show? Would he have still chosen me as the girl he had his eyes on?

My mind was full of confusion and once again I felt insecure about my own body. I was short and didn’t really fit into the Korean beauty standards. Was it really necessary to be perfect to interest a guy?

As I was deep in my thoughts, I suddenly noticed that the music and the atmosphere had changed in the concert venue. All the BAP members were now playing percussion fiercely as an intro performance for their song “No Mercy”. I erased all the stupid questioning from my mind to only focus my attention on them. They were as tough as ever, aggressive and confident, loud and conquering. That’s how I preferred them! Their cute side was adorable but I really like their rough side. I waited patiently for Jongup’s dance break near the end of the song and as expected, he didn’t disappoint, his moves sharp and neat, his feet as light as feathers. Damn, he was so handsome in white!!

---------------------------------------------------------

Jongup’s POV

After what seems like an eternity, the MCs finally called on stage for the next performance the only person I wanted to see that night! It was now Lee Hi’s turn to appear on stage with her 2NE1’s sunbaes! I was really looking forward to this stage since a rumor spread that they would exchange their songs for an exclusive special stage.

Indeed, the 2NE1 members first started singing Lee Hi’s debut track “1,2,3,4” quickly rejoined by Lee Hi herself. Once again, she took my breath away. One word came to my mind to describe her: adorable. Yes she was adorable! If my mother heard me she would certainly say that we can only adore God but it was only because she never met Ha Yi. I felt Zelo’s knowing look on me but I ignore him. This giant idiot wouldn’t distract me from watching Lee Hi singing her heart out on stage. After “1,2,3,4”, Lee Hi started singing “I Love You” alone, her voice alternatively low and high to match CL’s voice. That was beautiful! The lyrics of the song sank in my heart and during few seconds I wanted to believe that she was singing this song just for me. The spell broke when 2NE1 started singing with her. I shook my head. I was just delusional!!!

----------------------------------------------

Lee Hi’s POV

I hope he felt all the love I put in this song! While I was singing “I Love You”, I only thought about you Moon Jongup!

------------------------------------------------------------

SBS Gayo Daejun

---------------------------------------------

Lee Hi’s POV

I was fidgeting in my seat, waiting impatiently for BAP’s appearance on stage. Finally after Big Bang Sunbaes’ impressive performance, it was now BAP’s turn to appear on stage. An unusual sound of trumpets resounded in the concert venue. Six figures wrapped in long hooded cloaks entered, walking in sync. The voice of Bang Yong Gook shouting “BAP Fight for Freedom” suddenly echoed in the concert venue, triggering the excitement of all the BABYs in attendance. Then, they took off their cloak and I finally caught a glimpse of the man I wanted to see that night. The music intro of “Warrior” started and I quickly sang along the powerful lyrics of the song as my eyes never left Jongup. Once again, he was really handsome but I was just a bit disappointed by the choice of their stylists. Why did they choose a cap which was hiding Jongup’s beautiful eyes? What a stupid idea!!!

At the end of the song, I watched with sadness the BAP members leave the stage. I didn’t know when I would be able to see them again now.

Anyway, it would soon be my turn to perform so I should focus instead of about my stupid crush.

--------------------------------------------------------

Jongup’s POV

When she walked on stage in her short white dress and with her hair tied in a bun, my heart skipped a beat. This girl was really something! She had so much power on my heart and it was actually quite scary. How could someone I never talked to could confuse me so much?

That night, she sang her debut song and performed for a special stage with her fellow Kpop Star contestants Park Ji Min and Baek Ah Yeon, both under JYP. They were accompanied by JYP himself who was playing the piano.

When she left the stage, I said goodbye to her in my heart. I wanted to hope that our future promotion cycles would be around the same period, just to have the chance of maybe seeing her from afar on music programs filming sets.

------------------------------------------------

These two adorable cuties met again at the GDA in Malaysia during January.

GDA 2013 in Malaysia

Lee Hi and BAP were both there to receive the New Rising K-POP Star Award alongside Ailee. When the MC announced this category they all came on stage to receive their prize and to thank their fans and respective companies.

BAP received their award first, wild smiles plastered on their faces. Bang Yong Gook grabbed the golden statuette enthusiastically, brandishing it fiercely and Himchan, as the second oldest took responsibility and pronounced the thank you speech.

------------------------------------------

Zelo’s POV

I was listening to Himchan hyung, nodding from time to time but my attention was mainly focused on my friend Jongup. Since backstage, he was shaking so much, his eyes twinkling and the corners of his mouth twisted up in a foolish smile. I was almost certain I knew the exact reason of his stupid behaviour: the closer he was from Lee Hi, the more nervous and the happier he was. It was really funny to observe him!! I was gradually considering the possibility to realize a study about him, a study about lovestruck people with Jongup as my main study subject.

I smirked at the thought, not forgetting to nod at whatever Youngjae just said. I took a peek at Jongup and my smile grew wilder when I saw him looking towards Youngjae’s hyung intently, seemingly interested by what he said. However, I knew that he wasn’t looking at him at all. Indeed, when you looked towards Youngjae, you had also a great view of Lee Hi. I should maybe tell him that we attend the same school. I’m sure he would be interested by this fact. I glanced at him again and shook my head when I saw him being so obvious and so .....not discreet. Holding a sign with “Lee Hi I love you” on it would be more discreet than what he was doing right now.

When I heard the crowd cheering and clapping, I bowed alongside my fellow members and we left the stage. I punched Jongup’s shoulder playfully in the process. He looked at me with a “what the matter bro?” look and I smiled knowingly in response, wiggling my eyebrows.

Once in our changing room, all the members showered Jongup with questions, since no one missed his “peeping at Lee Hi instead of focusing on the prize-giving” action.

“Jongup, that’s not because I was wearing shades indoor that I didn’t see what you did there!” Yong Gook hyung said with his signature husky voice.

“Well done dongseng!” Himchan hyung winked at him, nodding his head.

“So Jongup! How was my speech? More or less interesting than that cute pigtailed girl on my right??” Youngkae hyung joked.

“How do you feel Jongup?” Daehyun hyung asked thoughtfully.

I also added my own teasing. Too tempting!

“Jonguppie!!! You’re such a cute fanboy!” I came towards him and pinched his cheeks.

He frowned and repelled me, visibly annoyed by all the teasing.

He walked towards the couch in a corner of the waiting room and sat down, his eyes sending daggers at us. Finally, he grabbed his backpack, searched something in it and finally found a folded paper. He unfolded the sheet and a smile immediately appeared on his face as he read it.

We all looked at each other, startled by his behaviour. He was usually very patient with us. But as he kept on ignoring us, we resumed talking and let him in his own little world. He was upset at the moment but it wouldn’t last long since he wasn’t the type of guy to hold a grudge at someone.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi ^^

I’m back with more fluff and more cuteness for the UpHi couple!! I know that I wrote again about awards ceremonies and stage performances but I really want to exploit all the places they were together and what could be their reactions to each other’s stages. I promise you that I will add purely fictional events and bring them closer in the future chapters.

Thanks to all the subscribers and to all the people who left encouraging comments on the previous chapter. It’s a great source of strength and gives me so much motivation to keep on writing about them. I’m so happy people ship them as much as I ship them ^^

UpHi fighting!!

Bye dear readers!!