A collaboration

My Rookie Monster Fangirl [sequel to My Best Absolute Perfect Fanboy]

Few days after BAP’s concert, YG Entertainment released the first part of Lee Hi’ first album a well as the adorable mv for “It’s Over”. The intro track “Turn It Up” and the title track both ranked high in music charts immediately after their release and the cute mv for “It’s Over” quickly gathered thousands of views in just a few days, confirming Lee Hi’s rookie monster status.

Lee Hi performed her first comeback stage during a “Kpop Star 2” episode, a way to show to the public and to the judges how much she grown in just one year after her first appearance on the show.

Of course, her most dedicated fan, a certain BAP member immediately bought her album after the release and watched with delight her numerous appearances on music shows under the amused eye of his fellow members. He was quite disturbed by the fact that he was starting to feel jealous of those giant blue bears that played in Lee Hi’s mv and who performed on stage with her. Weird how is crush for Lee Hi was affecting his sanity!

Of course, Lee Hi was oblivious of the intense interest of the BAP member and was working very diligently. Indeed, she wasn’t only busy with her “It’s Over” promotion but also had to prepare for the second half of her album. One day, YG’s president called her in his office to talk about “First Love” part 2.

A bit anxious, she headed towards YG’s director office. The nice secretary announced her and so she walked in YG’s sanctuary. She greeted him, bowed and stayed there awkwardly. YG gestured her to sit down and started.

--------------------------------------------------------

Lee Hi’s POV

« For the second half of your new album “First Love”, I want something new; I want to do something I rarely do.” He paused to add a dramatic effect to his announcement. “You will do a featuring with another idol from another agency. I have already talked about it with his agency and they agreed. I hope you will appreciate collaborating with him.” YG continued explaining his idea with a mysterious smile on his face.

I looked at my president, my eyes wide open. I was completely startled by this announcement since it was definitely not YG’s habits to let his artists collaborate with idols outside of YG Ent. I was now really curious to discover the identity of the boy I would collaborate with.

“So, do you have any idea concerning the identity of your future partner?” YG asked with his signature nasal voice.

I shook my head as my mind was working at top speed to review all the boy idols I knew. SHINee’s Jonghyun, Teen Top’s Chunji, Infinite’ Sungkyu…..

“You probably already know BAP.” YG started.

My heartbeat immediately quickened at the evocation of Jongup’s group. There was very few chance I would perform this duet with him since he wasn’t the lead vocalist but it was still a possibility.

“You will record this duet with BAP’s lead vocalist Jung Daehyun. I really appreciate this new group since they kinda remind me the earlier days of Big Bang. I was impressed by their skills even if they are just rookies so I wanted you to collaborate with one of them. You will promote this song on music programs during a week alongside your title track. Since Daehyun has a tight schedule with his group, he will come here in YG’s headquarters to record the track but you will have to go to TS Entertainment to prepare the stage performance. One of YG choreographers will accompany you to choreograph the stage but you don’t have to be nervous. It will be very simple and you will be the only one on stage with Daehyun. Is it okay with you?” YG asked.

I breathed out, relieved. Singing a duet with Jongup would have been too ….. moving. And I was enthusiast for this duet. Daehyun was an amazing singer according to the ton of performances I watched so I was anticipating our collaboration.

“Yes of course I’m okay. Daehyun is a great artist and I really look forward this collaboration. Thanks for this opportunity.” I thanked YG.

Then, we discussed some other details concerning the other tracks of the album and notably concerning “Rose”, the title track. One hour later, I left his office, satisfied by YG’s ideas for my future album and promotion.

------------------------------------------------------------

Few days after the recording of the track at YG’s building, Lee Hi had an appointment at TS to rehearse with Daehyun for their TV appearances. She was scheduled to promote her duet in the four major music shows and in Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook.

She was a bit nervous as she entered the TS building but thankfully she was accompanied by a YG choreographer she was closed to, the same one who choreographed the stage for her debut track “1,2,3,4”. The receptionist indicated them the room where they would meet Daehyun. When they reached the room, Lee Hi took a deep breath before opening the door. She was a bit scared even if she had a great time while recording for the track with Daehyun. Dancing was not her specialty and she felt intimated by the dancing level of the BAP member.

As she walked in, she spotted a smiling Daehyun so she immediately relaxed. He had a gentle aura and that was very comforting for someone as shy as Lee Hi.

“Hi! Nice to meet you again!” He said while walking towards her.

“Hi Daehyun-shi!” She bowed.

“Hi Daehyun-shi!” The choreographer greeted.

“Hi! I suppose you are the choreographer who will be in charge of elaborating the performance for our duet?” Daehyun asked.

“Yes! My name is Nam Hye. Nice to meet you! I hope we will work efficiently together.” She smiled.

After this little introduction, Nam Hye started explaining her ideas and showed them the steps she imagined for the choreography. They didn’t waste time and immediately started rehearsing. With his idol training, Daehyun nailed the simple steps quickly and then helped Lee Hi.

After an hour, Nam Hye granted a break to the two hard working artists and offered them a bottle of water. They opened it and gulped the water as they sat on the floor.

“It’s really great. You are working well together. You really improved a lot since your debut Lee Hi!” She congratulated the young artist.

“Thanks!” Lee Hi answered shyly.

“But still, something is bothering me. This choreography doesn’t accurately portray the meaning of the song.” The choreographer scratched her head.

Daehyun and Lee Hi looked at each other questioningly.

“You’re too hard with yourself Nam Hye Noona ….er excuse me choreographer sunbaenim.” Daehyun quickly corrected.

“No no, you can call me Nam Hye Noona. It’s okay with me.” She smiled. “But I know I’m right. This song is about a love triangle. Lee Hi, you are the girl courted by two very different men. You Daehyun, you are the sweet one but we don’t have the other guy. I need the tough guy who’s trying to win Lee Hi’s heart in this choreo or else it won’t make sense.”

“You want to add someone to dance with me?” Lee Hi asked slightly worried by Nam Hye’s new idea.

“Definitely! What about one of your groupmates Daehyun-shi?” The choreographer proposed.

Daehyun immediately smiled, an awesome idea immediately popping into his mind.

“I have the perfect person for this mission. He is a great dancer and has a tough image on stage.” Daehyun grinned mischievously.

“Do you think he would be available to rehearse with you and then perform on stage?” Nam Hye questioned the young man.

“Can I go back to my dorm and ask my manager?” Daehyun asked.

“Of course you can. Come back quickly please. Lee Hi will rehearse on her own while you’re away.”

“Thanks! I’ll be quick!” Daehyun shouted while leaving the room.

In BAP’s dorm

“Daehyun!! What are you doing here? You’re supposed to rehearse at the present time.” BAP’s manager scolded the BAP member.

“I know but I need your help. Lee Hi’s choreographer is seeking for another person to dance with her and me. Do you think I could ask Jongup? He will just have to rehearse today and then appear on four or five music shows.” Daehyun proposed.

“I don’t see any problem. If Jongup agrees, he can do it.” The manager gave his assent to Daehyun’s idea after checking Jongup’s schedule.

The young man thanked his manager and immediately rushed to the dance room where Jongup was probably rehearsing.

“Jonguppie!!!! I have an awesome offer for you, an offer you won’t be able to refuse.” Daehyun smiled to his junior as he opened the door.

“What are you talking about Hyung?” Jongup crooked an eyebrow, surprised to see his Hyung appearing in front of him while he was supposed to rehearse with Ha Yi.

“I need your help …..and Lee Ha Yi too.” Daehyun winked.

“Wh-what?” Jongup stuttered, startled.

“Lee Hi’s choreographer needs an additional dancer for our duet’s stage performance, she suggested a BAP member and so I thought about you. You have to do it. It’s a one of kind chance to approach her once again, talk to her and spend some time with her.” Daehyun explained.

“Bu-but I don’t know if I will be able to do it.” Jongup contested.

“Jongup, be brave! I know that you can do it. You’re an incredible dancer ……and if you don’t do it for yourself, do it for her!” Daehyun tried to make him feel guilty.

Jongup closed his eyes, thinking. His heart was beating crazily and his palms were sweaty, just thinking about this possible collaboration. After mentally debating the issue, he finally nodded. Daehyun enjoined him to follow him to the room where Lee Hi was rehearsing and so they both started running in TS building corridors.

When they finally reached the said room, Daehyun looked at Jongup encouragingly and then opened the door.

-------------------------------------------------

Hi my lovely readers!!!

I’m back again with a new chapter in my pocket ^^

So so so…..how do you feel about this BAP-Lee Hi collaboration? I have the feeling our favorite couple will experiment a rollercoaster of emotions during the next chapter kekeke

Thanks again for your comments and thanks to my new subscribers for giving me your support for this fic!!

See you soon for the end of this dance rehearsal ^^

A5L06au.jpg

A little gift for you ^^