An answer, a successful collaborative stage and a thorned performance!

My Rookie Monster Fangirl [sequel to My Best Absolute Perfect Fanboy]

Jongup's POV

«Hi dear anonymous BABY !!!

I’m happy to announce you that I picked your letter by drawing lots and so I’ll write an answer to your letter. We do this once in a while because we can’t respond to all our fans. You can say that you’re a lucky girl *starts boasting* kekeke

First, I want to thank you for following us …and even if you didn’t follow us since our debut, I forgive you ^^ I also want to thank you for all your compliments. When I read your letter for the first time, it touched me a lot and I can’t explain why. And I think you’re right when you say that I was born to dance. My mother told me that as soon as I stated to walk I also started to dance. She probably exaggerates but I like this story about my childhood ^^

You want to know how I live my life as an idol? Well, it’s not as glamorous as it seems. I work a lot from the early hours of the day until the latest hours of the night. Our schedule is very packed between rehearsals, music recordings, concerts, music show appearances, variety shows filmings but it makes me happy. Thanks to this new life as an idol, I met five awesome friends that I now consider as brothers. Of course, you can guess that six men living together isn’t always an easy thing. We bicker, we fight but there are a lot of awesome moments that I’m happy to share with them. As for my studies, it’s the most complicated part for me. I recently graduated from high school and I will enroll in university soon but I don’t know if I’ll be able to attend the courses frequently. To keep up with all the courses I’ll miss, I’ll probably have to study with a personal tutor. I don’t really have a normal education.

Like you, I also hope we’ll soon win in a music program but I know that I can count on our dedicated BABYs to help us grab first place.

Thanks! Take care!

Jongup

PS: If you want to keep on communicating with me, I’ll be more than happy to exchange letters/emails with you.”

I re-read my letter a last time before placing it into an envelope. I smiled as I remembered the moment when Youngjae Hyung gave me that awesome idea.

Flashback

“Aish when will you stop reading this damn letter? What is so great about this piece of paper?” Youngjae asked as I was folding Lee Hi’s letter for the umpteenth time.

“You’d like to know isn’t it?” I smiled, amused by the annoyance I detected in my hyung’s voice.

“Why being so mysterious? It’s just a fan letter almost identical to the thousands we receive each week.” Youngjae continued.

“Okay! I’ll tell you but I have to correct you. It’s not a normal fan letter!! It’s a special one.” I paused to build up the suspense.

“Spit it out!” Youngjae urged me.

“Tss tss tss so impatient! Okay this letter is anonymous but lately I discovered that Lee Hi wrote it and sent it to me.” I finally revealed.

I exulted as I saw Youngjae’s eyes widening. After recovering from the shock, he finally let his eyes regaining their normal size.

“Are you sure? How would you know? I mean you said that this letter was anonymous.” He asked, suspicion in his voice.

“Remember when we rehearsed with Ha Yi, Daehyun hyung and I? Well, to thank us, she wrote a short message for each of us and after comparing the writings, I’m 100% certain that she’s the one who wrote that fan letter.” I said brandishing my precious paper in front of his eyes.

Youngjae raised an eyebrow before facepalming himself.

“Don’t tell me that you have a unique chance to communicate with her and that the only thing you’re actually doing with this letter is hiding it in your pocket?” He asked with a superior tone.

My smile immediately disappeared from my face when I heard his words. He was right!!! I had her address and a reason to communicate with her but I didn’t grab that chance. I was such a dummy!!!

“Okay! So here is my plan! Write an answer to her letter without telling her that you know who she is. You would just end up frightening her!!! Just try to know her better, discover what she likes and then when the time will come, you’ll tell her that you know her identity and that you only did it to make her acquaintance.” Youngjae hyung exposed his plan.

I nodded and immediately rushed to my room, grabbed a piece of paper and started scribbling

End of Flashback

Even today, I was still amazed by the fact that for once, Youngjae had a good idea! He was never serious and was always joking but just for that day, he gave me something precious, he gave me a secret way to communicate with Ha Yi!!

----------------------------------------------------------

Few days later – Comeback stage for “Rose” + “Torn” – M Countdown

We were backstage with Daehyun Hyung and Ha Yi, waiting patiently for our turn to perform, already wearing our stage outfits. The line-up for the day was really impressive and so the staff members were bustling around us, some busy changing the stage background, some distributing mics to the artists, and some giving instructions to cameramen. The life backstage was in turmoil during the filming of a music show episode and today was no exception.

Lee Hi was oblivious of the surrounding activity; too busy fidgeting with the hem of her dress. I immediately recognized these symptoms as I experienced the same before stepping on stage (except that I was usually busy fidgeting with the hem of my shirt and not with the hem of my dress obviously!!). She was definitely nervous so after few seconds taking my courage in both hands, I squeezed her shoulder gently to commiserate with her.

As soon as I did so, she stepped out of her own little world full of anxiety and focused her attention on me. She smiled shyly but that smile didn’t fool me!

“You don’t have to worry! You can rely on me and Daehyun Hyung for this stage! We won’t let you down! I know we didn’t have much time to rehearse but I’m sure it’s going to be okay.” I said full of enthusiasm, hoping that my optimism would be contagious.

She nodded almost imperceptibly, her hands still torturing the bottom of her dress. If I just listened to the surge of tenderness in my heart, I would squeeze her into my arms to comfort her but that would probably be inappropriate so I refrained myself from doing so.

Few minutes later, the staff member who was in charge of the schedule of the show came towards us and announced that we would perform in 10 minutes from now on. We bowed, thanking him for the information and Lee Hi resumed worrying, now attacking her nails.

As I was observing her from the corner of my eyes, she suddenly extirpated a piece of paper out of nowhere and unfolded it. She started reading it and at the end of the letter, she looked calmer. I tried to sneak a peek at the paper to identify what could have possibly calmed my angel. With an immense happiness, I recognized my writing on the paper. She had read my letter and it helped her chilling out. Funny how my letter generated the same effect on her than her letter did on me. I felt an army of butterflies invading my tummy suddenly extremely gleeful. Even if my comfort words didn’t helped her, my written words worked on her and calmed her nerves.

----------------------------------------------

Lee Hi’s POV

“Lee Hi, BAP’s Jongup and BAP’s Daehyun, it’s your turn!” A staff member exclaimed, dominating the loud brouhaha.

I bit my last nail, cut it with my teeth and spit it before looking at my hands in desperation knowing that my manicure artist would kill me later. I followed Daehyun and Jongup and after stepping on stage, we positioned in front of the crowd. I couldn’t really see the people in the audience because of the spotlights almost blinding me but I could hear their presence thanks to their fanchants. I smiled shyly, feeling my heart warming because of the support.

The intro of “Torn” started and I felt two hands grabbing mine.

First verse……..ok

Second verse………everything’s okay so far!

Chorus with Daehyun…………ok, our voices harmonize well as usual!

Everything was going as planned even if my voice wasn’t as powerful as during rehearsals because of a cold I caught two days ago. Such bad luck!

Third verse……….. The critical moment was approaching and my heart raced in anticipation, already imagining his arms s around me. So unprofessional to think about that in such a moment but I couldn’t help it!!!

Finally, I saw him approaching and my breathing became uneven. He perfectly re-enacted what we prepared during the rehearsal and as soon as he held me in his arms, I heard loud cheers in the audience. I allowed myself to smile, my face hidden against his chest. After few seconds, he let me go and I reluctantly parted away from him to continue the performance.

At the end of the song, I heard loud claps coming from the crowd. I felt happiness filling my heart, relieved that the public enjoyed my song, enjoyed this performance. I looked on my left and on my right and saw that Daehyun and Jongup were grinning! I felt so grateful towards them for their help, their enthusiasm and their encouragements. We all bowed before leaving the stage.

Once backstage, Daehyun high fived us, relieved that this first performance went on as planned.

“You did great Ha Yi! Despite your cold, your voice was really impressive.” Daehyun congratulated me.

“Thanks! I felt my voice a bit weak during the performance and I was afraid it would crack in the middle of a high note.” I confided.

“I agree with Hyung! It was barely noticeable that you were sick. Your voice gave me shivers when I was on stage by your side.” Jongup said while blushing slightly.

“Kamsamnida Jongup-shi!” I bowed to thank him….but also to hide my scarlet red cheeks!!!

“And your dance break was awesome as usual Jongup! Your little scene with Ha Yi was really moving……and looked so sincere! I was watching you and I was afraid you wouldn’t release her on time Jongup!” Daehyun smirked.

Jongup and I exchanged a glance before blushing deeply. Daehyun was clearly enjoying the scene as he was smiling annoyingly at us.

My manager interrupted that awkward moment, telling that I had to prepare for my “Rose” stage. I apologized to them and left with my manager. As soon as I reached my changing room, my make-up artist, my stylist and my hairdresser started working around me, undoing my previous hairdo, erasing my make-up and helping me undressing, everything at the same time.

I felt almost like Katniss Everdeen in the hands of her prep’s team just before the Hunger Games….except that I just had to go sing on a stage while Katniss had to step in a horrible arena and survive.

Let’s go for almost an hour of preparation!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongup’s POV

I was backstage with Daehyun hyung after our performance with Lee Hi but I didn’t want to return to our changing room! I was still near the stage since I wanted to see Ha Yi perform “Rose”!!

I already really enjoyed her cute performances of “It’s Over” but I had the sensation that her performances for “Rose” would be more feminine and more sensual according to the mood of the mv and I wouldn’t miss that for the world.

When she stepped on stage ready to start the recording, I held my breath for a few seconds! She was really stunning! She was wearing a crown made of roses and a white dress with a roses-pattern. She looked so innocent, a flower amongst flowers!

When she started singing with her signature low voice, I felt shivers down my spine. She had such a soulful voice!!! The YG dancers were dancing behind her while she was standing behind her mic, moving her arms gracefully. When I saw the male dancer appearing on stage, I felt a pang of jealousy! I didn’t like the idea of a man standing so close to her, at the very same place I was an hour ago. But I didn’t have any right to be this possessive with her. Sad truth!!!

She performed the song four times because her voice kept on cracking! I felt bad for her and if I had listened to my heart, I would have just took her hand and lead her to the nearest doctor!!! She should be careful with her voice when she is ill!! I didn’t want my angel to get hurt!!!  

Finally, she left the recording set. When she saw us, her eyes widened.

“You’re still here?? I thought you would have left because of some schedule.” She said surprised but visibly happy.

“We didn’t felt like leaving you here alone. And we wanted to hear you sing this beautiful song live.” Daehyun smiled.

“True! That was really beautiful! And I hope you didn’t harm your voice because of your cold.” I expressed my worries.

“I think I’m okay but I’ll need to keep on taking my treatment. I’m glad you enjoyed this new song. See you tomorrow for the Music Bank recording. Bye!!” She waved her hand at us, bowed and came back to her changing room, a sweet smile on her lips.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Dear dear dear readers!! *multiple bows*

Thanks for bearing with me and my slow updates!! I hope the wait was worth it and that you enjoyed this chapter!

Thanks to my new subscribers, thanks to silent readers and thanks to the readers who left some awesome supporting comments for the previous chapters!! Keep on sharing your opinions in comments!! I really appreciate!!

See you soon (hopefully ==’) for the next chapter!!

*group hug with all my readers*

PS: don't ever think I'll abandon you!! I'll never abandon this story so don't worry if I don't update!! It just means I have a writer block or I'm just lazy kekeke