Confusion

My Rookie Monster Fangirl [sequel to My Best Absolute Perfect Fanboy]

Lee Hi’s POV

I grabbed my phone for the millionth time since I woke up that day and glanced gloomily at the dozens of messages I send him! Still no response from Jongup! I texted him so many times since my outburst after his confession few days ago and he responded to none of my messages. I felt so down since that day!! I shouldn’t have treated him that way and I wanted to apologize so badly but it seemed he was too hurt to answer. I also tried to text Zelo to ask him if he could talk to his friend but he wasn’t answering either.

Thankfully, Baekhyun was a new source of strength for me. After his first text and once I recovered from the shock, I answered him back and we started conversing on a daily basis. We have exchanged about our experience as rookie singers, I have talked about my life as a YG artist and he has communicated about his routine as a SM idol group member. We have also shared some of our singing tips, how to warm our voice, how to handle the pressure and stuff like that. As showcased on broadcasts, he was a very sweet guy, funny, entertaining and incredibly talented. I was really happy to have this new friend now that I couldn’t talk with Jongup but I still couldn’t figure out his intention towards me.

I looked at my phone screen once again and decided to call my sister. I needed to talk to her to release my frustration about Jongup and my confusion about Baekhyun. I had one hour in front of me before starting my school day so it was now or never.

I dialed her number and waited while biting my thumbnail.

“Ha Yi?” My sister answered after few seconds.

I sat down on a chair of the kitchen before answering.

“Hi Unni! I hope I’m not disturbing you! I just wanted to talk a bit.” I explained to her.

“Of course you aren’t disturbing me! I always have time for my baby sister.” My sister reassured me.

“Thanks! Do you know how much I missed hearing your voice?” I laughed.

“I know! I miss you too Ha Yi-ah! So how are you? I hope Yang Hyun Suk isn’t overworking you or I’ll kick his !” My sister exclaimed.

I immediately burst into laughter. It was obvious she never met him in person or she wouldn’t have professed such threat.

“No no! My work at YG is fine and I have enough time in my schedule to attend school. I also have great grades. You can ask Mom if you don’t believe me.”

“Of course I believe you. You’ve always been a serious pupil even during elementary school. So what do you want to talk about?”

“Boys!” I dropped.

“Boys?? My little sister is thinking about boys!! Omo, if you were in front of me, I would definitely pinch your cheeks. You’ve grown up so much since you arrived to Seoul. So, what’s your question? Tell meeeeee please!!” She pleaded me.

I started explaining everything about Jongup from our first encounter until our confession but also about my new friendship with Baekhyun. At the end of my speech, I heard nothing but silence at the other end of the line.

“Unni? Are you still on the phone?” I asked uncertain.

“Could you please let me the time to recover from this overload of information? Too many data to integrate at the same time!” My sister finally replied.

“Of course, I understand. You must be quite surprised!” I agreed.

“So just to be sure I understood well, we are talking about Jongup ……from BAP and …..Baekhyun from EXO, that’s right?” My sister hesitated.

“Yep!” I replied laconically.

“Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God!!!! I can’t believe you are in a love triangle with guys from two of the hottest Kpop groups of the moment!” She exclaimed.

“Calm down Unni!” I rolled my eyes.

“You want me to calm down after the bomb you dropped? Impossible! I see these guys every week on music shows and it’s incredible for me to think that they love you! Well, not that incredible since you’re the sweetest girl I know but you got it! Thinking that my baby sister is now a woman is so surprising for me!  I didn’t see you growing!” My sister replied, her voice filled with emotion.

“Stop overreacting Unni!” I tried to calm my sister down before asking another question. “So you think that Baekhyun is interested in me? For Jongup, it’s quite simple since he confessed to me but I couldn’t figure out for Baekhyun!” I questioned my sister.

“Of course he’s interested in you! I don’t believe in friendship between a boy and a girl. Why would he have contacted you if he didn’t care about you? That makes no sense.” My sister confirmed what I had already guessed.

“Oh God, how am I going to face them when I’ll see them at public events or on music shows? So embarrassing!” I moaned.

“I don’t think that’s the most important thing you have to deal with now. You should first untangle your feelings. Do you think you still love Jongup despite his lack of response to your texts or did Baekhyun managed to replace Jongup in your heart?” My sister asked quite straightforwardly.

“Honestly, I don’t know. I feel lost! I wish you were here with me.” I confided her.

“I don’t know if I can tell you but I’ll take responsibility and reveal you something. Mum and Dad will go on a two-week trip for their 25th wedding anniversary soon. It means I’ll have to come to Seoul to watch over you.” My sister announced.

“Chincha? Wow!!! So awesome!! I can’t wait! But what about the restaurant?” I asked worried about my father’s activity.

“Our aunt will come to take care of the restaurant. You don’t have to worry about that. Everything’s planned. I think I’ll come to Seoul in one week but don’t talk about that to Mum! It’s a surprise from Dad. So sweet isn’t it?”

“Definitely adorable! I won’t tell Mum! I’ll be as silent as a grave.”

“Perfect! I think we’ll have the time to talk during my stay in Seoul and I’ll help you understand your heart. Is that okay for you?”

“Okay for me! I think you already helped me!”

“Great! …..Hmm do you think I’ll be able to come to YG headquarters when I’ll be there? …..And maybe meet some YG groups??” My sister asked hesitantly.

“Of course, I’ll show you where I work and you’ll maybe have the chance to eat at the infamous YG cafeteria. Great food there!! Its reputation isn’t exaggerated! As for meeting YG groups, I’m sure my 2NE1 Unnis will be available. They’re preparing for their comeback and so they spend all their time at YG building. I even think they sleep there. My Big Bang Oppas are quite busy too and I’m not sure if they’ll be in Seoul. Same for Epik High! Oh maybe the Winner’s members will have some time for you.”

“Daebak! I can’t wait!”

 “Same for me! Sorry Unni but I have to go to school so talk to you soon and thanks for listening to me.”

“You’re welcome! See you soon dongseng. Bye!” My sister said before hanging up.

I smiled as I put my phone in my backpack. My smile didn’t leave me as I grabbed my coat and left the apartment. My Unni would soon be with me in Seoul!!!

“Unni I’m waiting for you!!!” I shouted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

At EXO’s dorm

“Still texting Ha Yi?” Chanyeol asked his friend.

“Yup!” Baekhyun replied simply.

“Are you progressing with her?” The giant rapper insisted.

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun avoided the question.

“Don’t play dumb with me! You’re not texting her innocently! Does she see you as a friend? Do you think she has feelings for you?” Chanyeol questioned EXO’s vocalist more precisely.

“Honestly, I don’t know! I think we’re friends now. We are exchanging a lot but I have the feeling she has someone else in her heart.” Baekhyun confided.

“Sorry dude! But don’t abandon! Maybe you can make it change! If you’re sincere about her, she could feel it and reciprocate your feelings.” Chanyeol encouraged Baekhyun.

“I don’t know! I’m sure about my feelings for her! She touched me so deeply when I saw her performing on stage at various year end events and my admiration turned into love! But I can’t decipher her feelings!” Baekhyun explained.

“Don’t let her go until you’re sure she doesn’t love you!” The tallest said wisely.

“Yeah you’re right! I can’t abandon without being sure!” Baekhyun agreed, his eyes shining.

“Great!! Gosh I still can’t believe Minho hyung is Dara Noona’s boyfriend! I feel like someone stabbed me right in the heart!” Chanyeol suddenly changed the topic of the conversation.

“Stop being a drama queen Yeol-ah!” Baekhyun scolded EXO’s rapper.

“But you don’t understand! I have a crush on her since she debuted with 2NE1!!” Chanyeol moaned.

“I know I know!” Baekhyun patted his friend’s back. “Let’s go the kitchen! I’m sure Kyungsoo prepared something delicious! Eating is the best therapy to heal a broken heart!”

The two friends left the living room and headed towards the kitchen to discover if EXO’s Mum prepared something yummy for s.

------------------------------------------------------------

TS building

Jongup ruffled his hair in frustration before collapsing on the parquet of the dancing room.

“Sh*t!” He shouted.

Zelo stopped the music and came towards him to calm him down.

“Chill out buddy! What’s up?” Junhong asked as he sat besides his friend.

“I don’t know! Nothing’s working the way I want! My dancing is lame today, I’m dead tired, I can’t remember the steps for the choreo! Freaking comeback!” Jongup spitted out.

“I’m tired too but it’s always the same when a comeback is nearing. I know that there’s something else.” Junhong tried to understand the real reason behind his friend’s outburst.

“It’s about Ha Yi! I can’t help thinking about her, about the hurt in her eyes before she left me at the coffee shop! What if she’s trying to understand what I did? What if she’s trying to contact me? I can’t even reply!” Jongup explained.

“I know but TS wants us to focus on our comeback! That’s why they confiscated our cellphones. Don’t forget that our Secret sunbaes didn’t have cellphones until their first win in a music show. We are quite lucky compared to them.” Zelo tried to reason his friend.

“Yeah I know but I’m still frustrated.” Jongup shook his head.

“If I could attend school, I would have talked to HaYi but I have to focus entirely on our rehearsals. Our manager is looking very closely at us and I can’t escape his laser eyes.” Zelo tried to joke to lighten the atmosphere.

“I know that you would help me if you could.” The short dancer reassured his friend.

“Yup! Maybe you could ask to one of the Secret members if they could help you out! They have their cellphones these days.” Zelo proposed a solution.

“I can’t! I think they left the country for a fanmeeting or something like that! There’s not solution!” The oldest of the maknae line sighed.

“Don’t be so negative! There’s a solution and we will find it!” The tall maknae punched his friend’s shoulder.

“Hey why did you do that?” Jongup massaged the spot on his shoulder where Zelo hit him.

“You need to react! Abandoning and giving up is so not you!!” Junhong yelled.

“I know …..and DON’T SHOUT! Let’s start rehearsing again! I need to clear my mind…..AND I need to nail these freaking steps for this new choreo! “ Jongup stood up and started the song again.

“That’s my Jongup!” Zelo smiled.

Jongup and him positioned in front of the mirror and started their dancing routine for “1004”, their new title track.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi my lovelies!!!

Thanks for keeping on reading this fic!! I hope you liked this new chapter! Our poor Ha Yi is totally lost but thankfully her Unni will give her some advice! Will she encourage her to stick to her first crush for Jongup or will she encourage her to move on and choose Baekhyun? You’ll probably find out in the next chapter so don’t forget to read my next update ^^

Bye!!

PS: of course, I thank all of you for your comments, for subscribing or just for reading *bows*