Meeting you again at the MAMAs

My Rookie Monster Fangirl [sequel to My Best Absolute Perfect Fanboy]

Lee Hi’s POV

After our MCountdown encounter, I saw Jongup two or three times on other music programs but unfortunately, we didn’t bump into each other again. I was both glad and sad: glad because I wouldn’t have been able to articulate a word if we had talked together and sad because I was intrigued by this guy but couldn’t bring myself to make a move towards him. I was the shy type and I was even more reserved in front of guys, not to mention guys I was interested in. Furthermore, this guy wasn’t any random guy. He was probably adulated by countless fans and I couldn’t help but being afraid of Kpop fans. They were quite scary and overly possessive with their favorite idols.

After the end of BAP’s cycle of promotion for “Stop It”, I continued appearing on music programs with my debut song, feeling more and more confident on stage as the weeks went by. Of course, I kept an eye on BAP and their activities.

Jongup’s POV

I was watching Lee Hi’s performance on the screen of our TV in our dorm while my members were fooling around in the living room. They were very loud and I couldn’t hear my angel singing.

                “Hey could you just sh** up?” I exclaimed.

I instantly regretted it when my members came towards me blocking my sight and preventing me from watching the TV.  

                “Our Jonguppie seems angry, don’t you think guys?” Himchan hyung started.

I sighed, almost certain that they wouldn’t live me alone until the end of Lee Hi’s performance.

                “Yep he definitely seems irritated and I wonder why.” Yong Guk’s hyung continued with his annoying signature gummy smile on his face.

I glared at him and then turned my attention towards Youngjae hyung  and Daehyun hyung as they were starting to sing one of our songs “Secret love”. I ruffled my hair in annoyance. Fortunately for me, Zelo, my friend, my brother,  didn’t join my hyungs in their bullying…….Well that’s what I thought first but then I saw him approaching me, he sat on the couch next to me while placing his arm around my shoulder and a smile crept on his face.

                “Hyungs!!!  You shouldn’t tease Jongup so shamelessly! It’s not his fault if he can’t control his heart! He is just in love!” Zelo beamed.

This stupid giant maknae!! I thought he was my friend!! I rolled my eyes in annoyance………..and blushed slightly. My silly hyungs started whistling loudly. Aish! The daily life with them was sometimes so tiring!

                “Jongupie!!! Smile! We’re kidding!” Daehyun hyung tried to relax the atmosphere as he saw my face darkening.

                “You remind me Yongguk when he is watching Secret sunbaenims’s performances on music programs. When Jieun Noona is singing, we have to respect religiously that instant.” Youngjae attacked our leader on his weak point aka his soft spot for Jieun Noona, Secret’s main vocalist.

Himchan, always ready to tease one of us, jumped on the bandwagon and walked towards our leader.

                “Youngjae!!!  You shouldn’t tease Yongguk so shamelessly! It’s not his fault if he can’t control his heart! He is just in love!!” Himchan exclaimed, repeating the exact words of Zelo.

I smiled, relieved that they found a new victim. But, unfortunately, with all this commotion I missed my angel’s performance. Maybe I’ll be able to catch up her stage on Youtube.

Lee Hi’s POV

Yeah!!! YG just announced me that I’ll be appearing on the MAMA awards ceremony 2012 to perform with Epik High sunbeanims. It’s such a great honor to share a stage with them. I won’t be alone since fellow YG labelmates will also attend this huge event. PSY and Big Bang sunbaenims are nominated in many categories and I hope they’ll grab some awards. Unfortunately, 2NE1 won’t be able to come since they are very busy with their New Evolution Tour. I also checked the list of the artists who will attend the MAMA 2012 and …… BAP will be there. I feel so blissful inside!!!! I’ll be able to see him again, my cute blond head. I hope my stylist will pick nice outfits for this event. I want to appear all dolled up if by chance, he and I meet.

Jongup!!!! Since my first encounter with BAP, I slowly became a Baby and more particularly a fan of him. I love his charismatic side on stage as much as I love his sweet side when he’s off stage. I’ve never really been interested in idol groups but meeting him changed everything. He turned my life upside down and it’s scaring me. I’ve fallen in love for the first time of my life the day I saw him on MCountdown. Before that, I crushed on a guy when I was in middle school but it wasn’t as serious as it is now with Jongup. It’s hard to admit that this story is condemned even before its beginning. With my first love, I was also experiencing my first heartbreak!

Jongup’s POV

                “Jongup!!! Great news! You know that we are attending the MAMA?” Daehyun hyung asked as he entered the room where I was dancing all alone just to release my stress.

                “Yeah I know that.” I cocked an eyebrow.

                “And do you know who else is a part of the line-up for this event?” He asked again.

I thought about it for few seconds and shook my head.

                “Lee Hi!” He smiled mischievously.

I blushed at the mention of her name. I tried to hide it but couldn’t suppress the smile on my lips.

                “I knew that this news would please you.” Daehyun gently grinned.

                “Ye-yeah!” I stuttered.

                “Hey cheer up!!! You’ll see her again …for real!!” Daehyun encouraged me.

Unlike what Daehyun thought, I was happy to see her again but it was also really hard to just observe her from afar. The fanboy I was during her Kpop Star days slowly turned into a bashful lover but I was an idol and so I wasn’t allowed to be in a relationship. I wasn’t even sure if she had any interest in me. Mutual love was so rare. Every time I fell in love in the past, it was just a painful one sided love. Of course, since I debuted, girls had more interest in me but it was hard to tell if they were interested in me or in the idol I was. 

                “Jongup??? Are you okay?” Daehyun waved his hand in front of my blank face.

I couldn’t believe I spaced out like that in front of my hyung just because he pronounced her name.

                “Ne ne I’m okay.” I replied, trying to erase her face from my mind.

                “You should try to talk to her you know!” Daehyun advised me.

                “I know hyung but how? She’s a YG artist, I’m a TS idol and we are always under close surveillance. Our manager is always with us, fans follow us everywhere as well as reporters. How could I talk to her?” I asked feeling helpless.

                “You know that if you need my help, if you need the help of all the BAP members, we will assist you.” Hyung proposed, patting my back encouragingly.

                “Thanks!” I smiled.

Even if I didn’t know how they could help me, I was glad to have such great friends by my side.

-----------------------------------------------

MAMA’s ceremony

Lee Hi’s POV

I’ll attend my first award ceremony in a few minutes just a month after my debut! I’m so excited to perform with Epik High sunbaenims and I’ll hopefully catch a glimpse of Jongup. He was haunting all my thoughts these days. I was slowly becoming insane!

I was currently in a dressing room I was sharing with SISTAR’s sunbaenims, into the expert hands of my stylist, hairdresser and make-up artist. They decided to let my wavy hair down and choose a light make-up. As for the clothes, they opted for a black and white style consisting in a high-waisted skirt with a psychedelic pattern, a black leather tank top, black shoes with crazy heels and black leather gloves. I was pretty satisfied with their choice.

The red carpet event would begin in a few minutes so I left the dressing room after receiving encouraging words from the SISTAR’s members. A staff member leaded me towards the red carpet. As I was nearing my destination, I heard the loud screaming coming from the crowd who was waiting next to the red carpet. My nervousness rose immediately and I felt my heart pounding louder into my chest. I was crossing my fingers, praying that I wouldn’t fall because of these stupid heels. Suddenly, I heard a familiar music, it was BAP’s “No Mercy”! It could just mean one thing: BAP would perform one of their songs on the red carpet. Bravely, I tilted my head to see them! They were as energetic as always but I wasn’t really paying attention to the overall performance. My eyes were just glued on Jongup. I smiled when I noticed that we had matching outfits since he was also wearing black and white clothes. Aish I was such a delusional girl. Just after, they pursued with “Crash”. I was totally in love with this song which emphasized their dorky side. I burst into laughter when I saw the imaginary slap fight between Jongup and Youngjae and then grinned at the cute ending with Jongup and Zelo. Jongup’s smile was so….so….so charming. I mentally slapped me and tried to focus again on my own red carpet appearance.

As I was spacing out a bit, someone told me that it was my turn so I walked carefully on the red carpet waving my hand at the photographers, a nervous smile on my face. I noticed BAP at the other end of the carpet, ready to leave after their performance. I could only see their back but suddenly one of the blonde head turned his head towards me. My heart raced when I feel Jongup’s eyes on me. He just looked at me for a second or two but it was enough to melt me. I snapped out of it and smiled shyly to the reporters in front of me. After five minutes of flashes, I was finally allowed to leave the red carpet.

I was still in a daze when I reached my place in the ceremony venue. Some artists were already present but some still had to appear on the red carpet. I tried to spot Jongup amongst the crowd of idols present there. I finally saw six blonde heads!! This hair color was definitely useful to locate them!! Jongup was there, calmly watching in front of him while s were talking animatedly, probably as excited as me for their first award ceremony. They had an additional reason to be excited since they were nominated for the “Best New Male Artist” category. The battle between BAP’s fans and EXO’s fans was quite aggressive these past days! Kpop fans were really too extreme for my liking.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Jongup’s POV

I was trying to refrain myself from looking towards her direction. I knew that she entered the concert venue few minutes ago so I was just staring blankly at the stage as if it was the most interesting thing in the word….as if it was her. When I saw her earlier on the red carpet, she was shining, her smile enlightening her face and her expression cuter than ever. Our eyes met once again back there and this simple connection sent electricity down my spine.

As my thoughts kept wandering back towards what happened on the red carpet, one of my hyungs nudged me. The ceremony was starting. I barely paid attention to the MCs as they were blabbering about something like “an exceptional night” with “tremendous artists”. After few minutes of introduction, the performances and prize-giving ceremony really started. BYG Hyung took part in a special stage with Ailee. Our BABYs and Ailee’s fans cheered loudly to support them. Soon, the time to reward the “Best New Male Artist” of 2012 came. My members and I held hands but finally the group Busker Busker won the award. I was a bit disappointed but I had to admit that this group did really well in the charts this year. After that, many groups went on stage to perform or to receive their prize.

A musical intro suddenly caught my attention. “It’s Cold”!!!! The Epik High’s song featuring Lee Hi!!! I excitedly clapped my hands. I didn’t remember reading anything about a special stage with my angel and the legendary hip hop group for the MAMAs but it was an awesome surprise for me. As I was staring intently at the stage, Lee Hi appeared … alone while Tablo and Mithra were only visible on the huge screens of the concert venue. She looked like a ghost, a beautiful ghost, in her while lacy dress in the middle of the stage dimly lit. She started singing with a haunting voice and it immediately gave me goosebumps. Her voice was a bit unsteady because of the nervousness but it was still beautiful. At the end of the performance, I once again clapped loudly. The two hyungs who were surrounding me exchanged knowing glances but I didn’t pay attention to them, all my attention focused on the stage. Epik High Sunbaenims continued on stage with “Don’t Hate Me” with their amazing disguises, Tablo as the Joker, Mithra as Bain and DJ Tukutz as Two Face! Totally badass!

Near the end of the ceremony, our name surprisingly resounded in the concert venue. A MC of the show just announced that we had won the “Mnet PD’s Choice Award”!!! BYG hyung ordered us to stand up and we headed towards the stage. BYG hyung received the prize and he made a quick speech to thank our dear BABYs and the TS staff. I was smiling from ear to ear as we exited the stage to rejoin our seats. It was such a huge surprise to receive this prize and as rookies it was also a huge satisfaction to come back from our first award ceremony with a prize.

When the ceremony ended, we rejoined our manager backstage and then headed towards our dorm in our van. I didn’t even get the chance to see Lee Hi again after seeing her on stage but it was definitely a memorable night.

----------------------------------------------------------

Lee Hi’s POV

He won!!!! He won an award! I was so proud of him when I heard BAP’s name for the “Mnet PD’s Choice Award”. They really deserve this award since they worked so hard this year.

Congrats Moon Jongup! Congrats BAP!!! I would have loved congratulating him personally but it was unfortunately impossible!

I was scratching my head searching for an idea to congratulate him when an idea popped into my mind! What about a letter? I should definitely write him a letter. Great idea! I was better at expressing myself with a pen and paper than during face to face conversations!!

---------------------------------------

Here I am once again with my new favorite couple Lee Hi and Jongup! I hope you’ll like this new chapter! This sequel will consist in several chapters so enjoy ^^

Bye and see you soon !

Bonus: Lee Hi's outfits for the MAMA