A blunder and a new admirer

My Rookie Monster Fangirl [sequel to My Best Absolute Perfect Fanboy]

Jongup’s POV

Because of my sprint, I arrived breathless at the coffee shop. I opened the door, looked around the small room and noticed that she wasn’t arrived yet. I entered and greeted the almonni who owned the place.

“Hi almonni! I’m waiting for Ha Yi! I’ll take our usual table.” I whispered.

She smiled at me and nodded understandingly. She witnessed all our secret encounters with Ha Yi there but I knew that she was a trustworthy grandma.

I walked towards the table we were used to share with Ha Yi each time we met here and started waiting, playing with my fingers, folding and unfolding the menu on the table while looking around the room to be sure not to miss her entrance.

I was so nervous. How could I not be? It was my first time confessing and I wasn’t sure how to do it. Maybe I should have bought some flowers or a box of chocolates. But the main point of a confession wasn’t to offer a present…..the main point was to offer your heart to a special person and I was definitely ready for that. I’ve waited for so long and I was relieved I finally found the courage to tell her how I felt towards her. Ha Yi……I hope you’re ready to accept my heart!!

Finally, after twenty minutes of an unbearable wait and thousand of thoughts crossing my mind, I saw a ray of light entering the coffee shop, a ray of light in the shape of an adorable small girl, the very girl who was haunting my thoughts.

She looked around the coffee shop and blushed as she spotted me. I watched her walking towards me and so I stood up to welcome her at our table. As she reached me, I couldn’t refrain from grabbing her small white hand in mine.

“Thanks for coming!” I exhaled, my heart drumming into my ears.                                   

She blushed a deeper shade of red, her cheeks now crimson red.

“I had to come!” She whispered.

After that, we both sat at our table but I kept her hand in mine, my brown eyes glued on her face.

I gulped, searching for the right words in my brain, the right words to express my love to the girl in front of me.

“Ha Yi, I told you to come because I have something very important to tell you. It’s been a few months now since our first encounter at the Inkigayo’s backstage and our friendship never ceased to grow but to tell you the truth, it’s not sufficient for me anymore. I want more.” I paused.

My heart skipped a beat when I noticed the hope in Ha Yi’s shining eyes.

“And wha-what do you wa-want?” Ha Yi stuttered adorably.

I pressed her hand to give me some strength.

“I want you! I-I-I love you since the first time I saw you appearing on my screen during the Kpop Star casting.” I finally confessed with a bit of difficulty because of the emotion.

I felt Ha Yi’s hand trembling in mine, probably overwhelmed by the shock. Her eyes were also wide open.

“Sorry if it’s too sudden for you but I can’t lock this secret into my heart anymore.” I looked intensely at her.

“You-you really love me?” Ha Yi whispered.

I could feel the hope and the hesitation in her eyes. I had to reassure her about my feelings, my sincere and honest feelings for her.

“Yes! Deeply! All these moments we shared together, I keep playing them into my mind, hoping for more! You’re the cutest, sweetest girl I’ve ever met. You’re talented, unique and irresistible. You totally bewitched me.” I blushed at the evocation of my deepest feelings for her.

Ha Yi took a deep breath. My heart stopped as I waited for her response. She could either send me in paradise or in hell with just a few words.

“Jongup……I love you too. You’re so important to me. The more I see you, the more my feelings for you are growing.” She finally said what I was hoping to hear.

My heart resumed beating, this time with a crazy path. Ha Yi released her hand from mine to hide her blushing face. She was such a shy girl. I grabbed her hands to unveil her rosy face.

“Hey….it’s okay. You don’t have to feel embarrassed. I’m so happy you’re reciprocating my feelings. I was so afraid you only saw me as a friend.” I shared my past fear with her.

Ha Yi smiled for the first time since she arrived. Seeing her beautiful face illuminated by this shy grin, I leaned in towards her. I grabbed her porcelain face in my hands and closed the distance between our faces. I saw her eyes closing before I closed mine. Finally, I posed my lips on hers in a delicate kiss to seal our love. I felt my heart bursting into my chest and colorful fireworks exploding in my mind. It was even better than what I imagined.

When I released her, I couldn’t divert my eyes from hers. She was positively hypnotizing.

“I’m the happiest guy on Earth today….thanks to you.” I exclaimed passionately.

Her crystalline laugher resonated in the coffee shop.

“I’m so gleeful too!” She said, her eyes gleaming.

“I feel like you’re the girl I was expecting since forever. I learned to know you through our texts and our correspondence and the more I learned about you the more you interested me.” I said passionately.

As I finished talking, I saw Ha Yi’s eyes widening but I didn’t realize immediately my mistake.

“Our-our correspondence?” Ha Yi quoted me.

My mind blanked as I noticed what I just said. I mentally slapped me. I didn’t plan to reveal to her that I knew she was writing to me like that, so bluntly. I wanted to take some precaution but it was too late now.

“You-you knew it was me since the beginning?” She said, hurt veiling her voice.

“Not since the beginning!” I tried to defend myself.

“You knew and you didn’t tell me!!!! You just wanted to extirpate some information from me. You-you betrayed me. I-I confided so many things to you and you, you just played with me.” Ha Yi accused me.

“No! I never played with you. I was always honest concerning my interest for you. I never tried to extirpate any information from you. I just wanted to know you better but I knew you were shy and so I thought you would be more talkative if I didn’t tell you I knew it was you. I’m so sorry if you feel hurt. It was never my intention I promise. Please believe me.” I pleaded her.

I was feeling so bad and so nervous. Few seconds ago, we were kissing and now, because of my stupidity, we were already in a severe argument.

“How can I believe you when I know that you lied to me during so many months? Maybe you even showed my letters to your groupmates to mock me?” She said, tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

“How can you say that? Do you really think I’m cruel? I cherish your letters. There are my treasures and I never showed them to anyone. They gave me strength when I felt down, they were my connection with you, they were my small link with you.” I shared my honest thoughts with her to convince her that I was serious about my feelings for her.

“I need to go.” She wiped a tear on her cheek as she stood up.

“Wait, wait! I’ll just explain something to you. The first time I received your letter, I was touched by it even if I didn’t know it was yours. I kept this letter with me as a lucky charm. Then, when we collaborated for your stage with Daehyun, you wrote us a thank you message and that’s when I recognized your writing. I was overwhelmed to discover that your letter touched me even if you were just an anonymous fan at that time. I decided to reply to your letter without telling you I knew who you were because I was sure you would have stopped writing to me if I told you. I hope you’ll understand me.” I explained desperately.

“Thanks for being honest even if it’s maybe a bit late. I’ll go. Bye!” She stood up and left without a last look towards me.

I felt like somebody stabbed me in the back when I saw her petite figure exiting the coffee shop. I hurt her, the person I wanted to protect.  I was such an idiot. I felt a tear rolling down my cheek so I left the coffee shop in a hurry to arrive as soon as possible at my dorm.

When I opened the door, I came across Daehyun who was heading to the kitchen.

“Jongup, how are you?” He said worried. “You don’t seem well!”

“I stupidly told her that I knew she was my anonymous fan.” I sobbed.

“Oh Jongup, I’m so sorry! She didn’t appreciate it, did she? But you knew that you would have to tell her at some point since the beginning.” Daehyun said wisely.

“Yes but not today, not in these conditions! She confessed that she loved me too but now she feels betrayed.” I exclaimed with rage.

“Calm down Jongup! If she loves you, she will forgive you! I’m sure about that. Ha Yi doesn’t seem to be the type of girl who holds grudges.” My hyung tried to cheer me up.

“Whatever! I personally think that I screwed my chance with her. I’ll go in the bedroom to rest.”

“Okay but don’t lose hope Jonguppie!! You will get the girl at the end.” Daehyun exclaimed.

I entered the bedroom and walked towards my bed to hide under my comforter. My bed was the best place to cry without any witness.

--------------------------------------------------

Lee Hi’s POV

Tears were still blurring my vision as I arrived at YG’s headquarters. I was feeling as if my heart had been torn into two pieces. A part of me was willing to forgive Jongup for what he did and live a wonderful love story with him but another part of me was feeling so hurt and humiliated.

As I entered the large building, I immediately headed towards a rehearsal room to sing my heart out. Singing was like a therapy for me.  As I walked into the room, I noticed that someone was already working there. It was Minzy Unni who was working on a choreography. She saw me in the mirror so she stopped dancing and turned off the music.

“Oh Ha Yi baby, it’s you! What’s happening? Are you crying?” Minzy asked hesitatingly.

“No, no it’s nothing.” I tried to escape but Minzy grabbed my arm to prevent me from leaving.

“You can talk to me! Did something happen?” She insisted. “Did somebody hurt you?”

I hesitated but I needed a confident and I knew Minzy was trustworthy. I nodded and so she led me towards a bench. We both sat and I started talking about my encounter with Jongup, his confession and his revelation about our correspondence. At the end, she looked at me, ready to give me some important advice.

“I’m sorry Ha Yi but I don’t understand the problem. He loves you, you love him and he did everything he could to discover you, your passions, your interests in life.” Minzy finally said.

That wasn’t really what I expected. I thought she would sympathize with me but she was just siding with Jongup and his lies.

“I confided so many things to him, very personal things and I feel betrayed. I can’t explain it better.” I tried to find the words to describe how hurt I felt.

“But you knew you were telling all these things to him. What does it change that he knew it was you? I’m sorry! I’m maybe a bit dumb but I feel like you’re complicating everything. To me, the situation is very simple. You love each other and despite the fact that being an idol couple is difficult, I don’t see any other problem. I feel like you’re overreacting. Try to think simply. Don’t let your pride decide and just listen to your heart.” Minzy helped me untangle my problems.

As I listened to her, I noticed that I was indeed over thinking.  I should have been flattered that he tried to know me better but I let my pride dominate my thoughts. And he was right when he said I would have probably stopped our correspondence if he had revealed he knew he was exchanging with me.

“You’re right Unni! I’m so stupid!! I need to apologize. Thanks Minzy for helping me!” I kissed her cheek before leaving.

“You’re welcome! And don’t forget that a kiss is the best apology.” Minzy said mischievously.

I laughed at Minzy’s playfulness. I was now in the corridor trying to imagine a message for Jongup since I needed to apologize to him as soon as possible for behaving so selfishly and so childishly. As I was ready to text Jongup, I heard my ringtone. I opened the new message which just arrived on my screen and my eyes widened as I read the name of the sender.

Text: “Hi Ha Yi-shi! It’s Baekhyun from EXO! You must be surprised to receive this text. I’m sorry to bother you. I obtained your number thanks to Minho hyung who obtained it from Dara-shi. I just wanted to say that I admire you and that I wanted to know you better. If you agree, we could continue texting. Bye Ha Yi-shi! Baekhyun”

I rubbed my eyes and I even pinched my arm to verify if I wasn’t dreaming. Baekhyun?? The Baekhyun from EXO?? That was unexpected!!! To be honest, I was a bit afraid by this sudden text. What if one of his crazy fangirls heard about it?? I didn’t want to be tortured thanks to a voodoo doll by an EXOTIC saseang fan. But I was also very flattered because I really liked Baekhyun and his incredible voice.

I re-read Baekhyun’s text.  I didn’t know how to interpret it. Was it just a friendship offering or was it something else? Aish, I didn’t need this complication in my life at the moment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi my lovely readers!

I finally managed to write this new chapter ^^Did you like it? I’m sorry if it didn’t end as you wanted. I’m definitely a mean writer to my characters but at least, Ha Yi knows all the truth now.

I’m introducing a new character to complicate the story so welcome Baekhyun ^^

Thanks for keep on reading my story!! I also want to thanks all of my new subscribers! I did a mini celebration each time I read “new subscribers” on my homepage ;) Thanks also to the people who comment and give me their feedback!

Bye!!

PS: I reached the hundred subscribers milestones on this fic so I want to thank you all!! I was really moved by this achievement!