In his arms

My Rookie Monster Fangirl [sequel to My Best Absolute Perfect Fanboy]

Lee Hi’s POV

I turned towards the entrance of the room as I heard the sound of a door opening, eager to discover the identity of my future partner. When I spotted the person who was accompanying Daehyun, I gulped and blushed.

Why did he have to choose Jongup? Of course it was an obvious choice but I wasn’t sure if I was ready to collaborate with the guy I was secretly crushing on.

I shook my head to clear my mind and looked at the two guys who were walking towards me.

“Ha Yi, this is Jongup, BAP’s charismatic dancer. Jongup, this is Lee Ha Yi, YG’s new soloist. But I think you already met in the past so I guess this introduction isn’t necessary.” Daehyun started blabbering.

“Nice to meet you again Jongup-shi!” I bowed.

Thankfully, I didn’t stutter.

“Nice to meet you Ha Yi-shi!” He bowed too.

When he raised his head again, I was staring at him and so his eyes locked in mine. As cliché as it sounds, the time literally stopped and I temporally became oblivious of my surroundings around me except for Jongup’s presence. My brain was telling me to break this eye contact but I couldn’t divert my eyes from his dark orbs. Suddenly, the sound of someone discreetly coughing helped me snap out of it. I glanced at Daehyun who was looking at us with an amused look. Just when I considered running out of this room to escape this embarrassing situation, Nam Hye Unni entered the room.

“I see that you managed to find an extra dancer for Lee Hi’s stage, Daehyun. If I’m not wrong, you’re Jongup. I’m glad Daehyun chose you. I watched some BAP’s performances and you are really great.” Nam Hye said with a smile on her face.

« Thanks ! » Jongup replied shyly.

I fangirled inside at his cuteness but tried to keep a poker face. According to some netizens, I was incredibly good at it.

“Oh sorry! I didn’t introduce myself. I’m Nam Hye and YG chose me to choreograph the stage for Lee Hi and Daehyun’s song.” She explained.

“Okay! I’m really eager to start working.” Jongup grinned.

“It’s nice to see you so enthusiastic!” Nam Hye smiled. “Right, so if you’re all ready, I thought about the choreo during the break and I got some nice ideas for you three.”

I glanced at Nam Hye, wondering what she had prepared for us. There was no doubt she was a talented choreographer but I heard that her ideas were quite crazy sometimes.

“So Ha Yi, you will stand on the center of the stage, portraying a girl hesitating between two very different guys. Daehyun, you will be on her right side, playing the sweet guy and serenading her. And you, Jongup, you will be on her left side and you will be the bad boy. You’ll be the one who tries to seduce Lee Hi with your rebel attitude and your dancing talent. Is it clear?” Nam Hye revealed the scenario for our stage performance.

We all nodded and so she continued with her explanations. I didn’t have that much to do since it would principally Daehyun and Jongup who would have to move on stage but just the idea of performing with them made me feel ill at ease.

Trying to focus on what Nam Hye just said, I positioned myself in the middle of the room in front of the huge mirror, Daehyun on my right and Jongup on my left. I looked right in front of me, trying to ignore the crazy beating of my heart. Nam Hye started the song and both boys grabbed one of my hands. I immediately felt an electric shock in my left hand and a rush of blood in my cheeks. I enjoined myself to calm down to focus on the rehearsal. I started singing my part while looking towards Daehyun and then he sang his part. He looked at me faking love and I did the same. As we sang the chorus, I looked back at the mirror and averted my eyes towards Jongup. He was also looking at me so I immediately looked away.

I sang the third verse while looking at Jongup. My voice was a bit shaky because of all the emotions colliding in my brain. Jongup started his freestyle moves while Daehyun was singing about the danger of falling in love with a bad guy and enjoining me to choose him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

“Stoooop!!! New idea!! New idea!! Sorry for this abrupt interruption! So at the end of your dance break Jongup, you’ll come back to Lee Hi conqueringly, you’ll grab her hand and pull her into your embrace!! Awesome idea don’t you think??? Daehyun will be the romantic shy guy who just dares to hold her hand and Jongup will look like a bold guy who wants to seduce her and who isn’t afraid of skinship!!! Brilliant!!!” Nam Hye exclaimed gleefully.

After this unexpected announcement, two pair of eyes widened and a mouth stretched into a wide grin. A smiling Daehyun took a glimpse at the two lovebirds who looked like they were on the verge of fainting.

“Amazing idea Noona!!! Let’s try it!!” Daehyun clapped his hands, a mischievous smile still grazing his lips.

Nam Hye winked at him, silently thanking him for siding with her and contributing to her plan.

“Go go go! Everybody in position!! We’ll start again from the beginning!” Nam Hye enjoined the teens.

Since they had no other choice than following her orders, they positioned themselves in front of the mirror and the guys both grabbed one of Ha Yi’s hand to reenact the beginning of the stage performance. Daehyun noticed that Ha Yi’s hand was shaking in his so he squeezed it to show his support. She was definitely nervous because of Nam Hye’s idea and was probably anticipating as well as dreading the moment when she would have to find herself in Jongup’s arms. Her reaction kind of confirmed Zelo’s suspicion concerning Lee Hi’s feelings for Jongup.

When the music intro of the song started, Daehyun refocused on the rehearsal. Everything went on smoothly even if Lee Hi and Jongup looked a bit tensed. When Ha Yi’s started singing the third verse, Jongup performed some of his slickest moves, strictly following Nam Hye’s directions.

----------------------------------------------------

Jongup’s POV

The end of the verse was slowly approaching and I was still dancing, my feet moving on their own while my mind was anticipating what would happen next. “Grabbing her hand, pulling her and capturing her into my arms!” I was repeating these words endlessly into my mind like a mantra. I was so nervous just thinking about it but mostly, I was annoyed by myself and by my lack of professionalism. Indeed, it wasn’t the first time I had to dance with a partner from the opposite and so I shouldn’t be nervous like that but the other times, the girls weren’t special: they were just dancers. Lee Hi’s wasn’t a regular girl, she wasn’t just a dance partner and so the difficulty was on a whole other level.

I finished my dance break as soon as she finished her verse so I walked resolutely towards her, my heart drumming into my chest and I grabbed her hand in mine. Exactly like the other times, I felt my hand tingling at the contact of her warm skin. Finally, I pulled on her arm sharply, she let go of Daehyun’s hand and before I knew it, she was snuggled up against my chest, secured into my arms. My pulse accelerated and I was almost certain she could hear my heart beating crazily. Her sweet perfume was enveloping me and was paralyzing my thoughts. A little rebellious strand of her hair was delicately tickling my chin. I was certain I could have stayed in this position for the eternity, without drinking or eating, just here, with her, in my arms.

In the middle of my trance, I heard Daehyun’s soft chuckle and so I immediately released Ha Yi. They normally had to sing the chorus together but my YG Princess looked a bit disoriented……just like me.

---------------------------------------------------------------

“Okay Okay kids!! That was fantastic!! You two, you were fabulous! Your acting looked so sincere! Too bad you missed the beginning of the chorus Lee Hi!! Let’s start again from the beginning! I want to see the whole performance at least once today. As for the end, Daehyun, you’ll look at Lee Hi, Jongup, you’ll do the same and Ha Yi, you’ll just look in front of you as if you were torn apart between them. So you’ll have to sing the chorus twice and then for the ending, Ha Yi, you will spread your arms like wings, look up and then lower your head, meaning that you just can’t chose. You guys, you’ll look at her a last time, release her hands and then turned your back at the crowd. Okay??” Nam Hye explained in details.

They all nodded and started again. Following Nam Hye’s directions strictly, they all focused on their singing, acting and dancing. Finally at the end of the third verse, the fatidic moment arrived.

-----------------------------------------------------

Lee Hi’s POV

It’s now!!! He will come to me, grab my hand and pull me towards him and capture me into his protective embrace. As if the first time wasn’t sufficient, it seemed Nam Hye was determined to give me a heart attack today. How my poor heart was supposed to support so many emotions??

My breathing quickened as I was watching him coming closer and closer. With determination, he finally grabbed my arm and so I released Daehyun’s hand. A second later, my shaking body was against his. I gulped because of nervousness but I also felt something else, something deeper…..I felt loved and protected into his muscular arms. Jongup’s acting was definitely impressive. As for me, it wasn’t really difficult since I wasn’t acting at all. All my feelings were true, all my emotions genuine.

Near my ear which was pressed against his chest, I could hear a strange sound, muffled but still strong and fast. ……His heartbeat, I realized with astonishment. He was probably as nervous as I was. 

Suddenly, I focused my attention back on the rehearsal and noticed that Daehyun was finishing his verse. I looked up to Jongup’s face.

“You have to release me now.” I whispered softly.

He looked down at me and nodded. I felt the pressure of his arms loosening around me and suddenly felt cold and abandoned. But I had to finish this rehearsal. It was my job!

Finally, Daehyun and I sang the chorus twice before performing the ending scene.

-----------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the rehearsal, Nam Hye clapped in her hands, showing her satisfaction.

“That was great! I know that it was short but it will be sufficient for the three of four performances you’ll have to do. I’ll be there backstage in all the music shows where you’ll perform and so we’ll rehearse one last time on Inkigayo just before the first comeback stage. After that, it will be okay for the others. I really want to thank you guys for your energy and your hard work. It must be really difficult for you because of your own promotion with “One Shot” so thanks a lot!!” Nam Hye said with a smile.

“Thanks a lot Daehyun-shi and Jongup-shi for your help.” Lee Hi bowed at her partners.

“You’re welcome.” They said in chorus.

« Sorry but we have to go or our manager will scold us!! We have a schedule in less than an hour.” Daehyun apologized.

Lee Hi’s nodded and so the two BAP members rushed towards the changing room.

As soon as they disappeared, Ha Yi walked towards her orange backpack and fished a notebook and a pen in it. She sat down on the floor and started scribbling on a page. She torn it off and folded it before starting again on another page. Nam Hye was observing her from the corner of the eye as she was gathering her belongings in the rehearsal room.

When the boys exited their changing room, Lee Hi got up, walked towards them and handed each of them a folded piece of paper.

“You probably read on Internet or in newspapers that I’m awkward with people, that I can’t express my emotions well and ….that’s sadly true. But there’s something I’m really good at: I love writing so to express my gratitude, I prefer using words written on a paper rather than letting words escape incoherently from my lips.” She explained.”Thanks again for your help and see you soon for on music programs.”

After that she waved at them and left with Nam Hye.

Jongup and Daehyun looked at each other hesitantly before opening their own piece of paper frenetically.

“Dear Daehyun!

Thanks a lot for your kindness and your generosity! You helped me a lot during the recording of the song and during this dance rehearsal! If I had a brother, I would like someone just like you, someone sweet and caring. BAP’s members are lucky to have someone like you in their group!!!

I wish all the best for you in the future!!!

Thanks Daehyun…..Oppa ^^

*bows*

Ha Yi!

PS: I don’t know if I should tell you this but…….thanks for choosing Jongup!!”

Daehyun smiled at the “Oppa”. Indeed, he told her countless times during the recoding of the song that she didn’t have to use formal speech with him and that she just had to call him Oppa but she never managed to do so. Maybe next time, she will be able to call him Daehyun Oppa now that she did it on a piece of paper.

He raised his head from the letter and glanced at his groupmate who was literally glowing with happiness.

“Dear Jongup!

It was really a pleasure to work with you and have the privilege to watch your dancing prowess from up close!

I admit that I was very nervous during this dance rehearsal with you but I’m also happy Daehyun chose you amongst all the other BAP members!

Thanks for giving some of your time to help me for this comeback!! I’ll make sure to offer you my new album when we will see each other again on music shows.

Take care of you Jongup and don’t overwork yourself!!

Bye ^^

Ha Yi”

Jongup had a smile on his lips the whole time while reading the little message written by Ha Yi herself.

Suddenly, he furrowed his eyebrows. Something seemed oddly familiar in this letter, maybe the way it was written ….or maybe simply the writing. Following a sudden intuition, he grabbed the letter which was always in his pocket and compared the two writings. There was no doubt: a unique person wrote the two letters and that person was Ha Yi. The letter which was following Jongup everywhere everyday was a fan letter written by Ha Yi. That was such a beautiful coincidence, maybe a sign that they were fated to be together, meaning that they were able to recognize each other even in the anonymity of a fan letter.

----------------------------

Hi ^^

Finally the end of this dance rehearsal!!

Thanks for your comments and thanks for subscribing!!!

I want to warn you that I probably won’t be able to update soon because during the future week-ends, I’ll be very busy (the weeding of a close friend, a familial gathering and a week-end with friends!) I’ll do everything I can to write after I come back from my day at work but I can’t guarantee a date for the future update!! I beg you pardon!

Bye!