Ten years later

My Rookie Monster Fangirl [sequel to My Best Absolute Perfect Fanboy]

Ha Yi’s POV

I was in my living room watching some pictures in my photo album, feeling quite melancholic, maybe even nostalgic. I would soon celebrate my twelve years anniversary since my debut and I couldn’t deny that I was lucky. My fans kept on following me and my career through the years. Consequently, I was still at YG. They really helped me grow during all these years and they perfectly accompanied me to develop my career.

I smiled as I found a picture of the YG family from eleven years ago. My Big Bang Oppas looked so young back then. It was amazing to think that they were still together. Of course, they all had their own solo career but they didn’t forget to reunite from time to time to release new awesome songs for their fans. TOP was now very dedicated to his acting career and he starred in many successful movies and dramas. He even won several awards for his impeccable portrayal of various characters. Seungri was a very active MC in many TV shows and was also assisting Yang Hyung Suk at YG Entertainment. Daesung had a very successful solo career but it wasn’t really a surprise: he was Big Bang’s powerful vocalist after all. As for the duet GD-Taeyang, the best bros, they created a fashion brand and were now the owners of dozens of shops worldwide.

My 2NE1 Unnis were also still a team and were pursuing successful solo careers too. CL was designing clothes for GD and Taeyang’s brand. Her creations were absolutely stunning and I often had the chance to wear her creations on stage. She was always busy designing collections, preparing runway presentations and so she was lucky to have Seungri by her side. Yes, the YG famous cat and dog couple was now a real item. We were all shocked when we discovered their relationship but we couldn’t deny their amazing/strange chemistry. Dara was now working at the head of the communication team at YG and was in charge of social media communication, press releases, TV appearances for all of the YG artists…. She was a real businesswoman now. It was quite difficult to handle her career and the education of her two kids but Minho was a very dependable husband. As for Bom Unni, she was following a solo career like Daesung and she was also very appreciated as a vocal trainer at YG. And to finish, Minzy was now a choreographer at YG. She also opened a dance school with Taemin. Their two girls had been practically raised in this school and even if they were still toddlers, they already knew how to follow a rhythm and dance in sync. Absolutely adorable! My goddaughter, one of their daughters, was the cutest girl ever.

A new picture and my mood lifted up a bit at the sight of my group of dear friends aka the Winner oppas, the IKON pabos and the two Akmu siblings. Our bond never faded away along the years and we were still meeting frequently. They were all like family to me.

I flipped the pages of the photo album and as soon as my eyes landed on the picture of the smiling couple on the pic, I felt my sight blurring. It was a picture of Jongup and I during our first date. We were so innocent back then. Sadly, we broke up eight years ago but it was like something was unfinished between us. At the beginning when we started dating, everything was perfect, a real fairytale but we slowly grew apart as time passed. We were both so busy with our own career, we couldn’t see each other often, we had to be very careful when we met to avoid fans and paparazzi and finally, we decided to break up. I was still in love with him at that time and I’m sure he still had feelings for me but it was too difficult to stay together. It was a real heartbreak when we took that decision. But I moved on with my life and dated two other guys after him but I didn’t feel the same passion for them. It was definitely true that first love was unforgettable.

Thanks to Minzy, I learned that Jongup was now a dance instructor at TS. Minzy met him at a meeting gathering influential Kpop choreographers and they exchanged news. She then reported everything to me but I feigned detachment at that time. As for the other BAP members, they also had impressive solo careers. Daehyun and Youngjae were promoting as a duet vocal subunit and were also very demanded for musicals. Yongguk was now a rap trainer at TS and was also promoting underground as a return to his pre-debut roots. Himchan started an academic career as a traditional Korean instruments professor. His courses were highly requested according to what I heard. As for the maknae Junhong, he was giving courses at Minzy’s and Taemin’s dancing school. He was the only BAP member I kept in contact with.

I decided to close the photo album when I felt tears on my cheeks. I didn’t want to feel sad, I didn’t want to regret the past and so I wiped my tears away and went to bed.

------------------------------------------------------

My comeback celebrating my 12 years anniversary was nearing and I wasn’t ready at all. The song was recorded, my new haircut was awesome, my look was complete thanks to Chaerin Unnie……but I couldn’t master the damn choreo YG dance teacher imagined for me. The steps were way more complicated than usual and I couldn’t memorize them even if I was trying my hardest. I really needed some help and I knew exactly who could give me a hand. I grabbed my phone and called one of my contacts.

“HaYi?” A female voice answered.

“Minzy! I need your help!! You have to save me.” I cried.

“What can I do for you Rookie Monster?” Minzy asked on the other side of the line.

“Minzyyyy! You can’t keep on calling me that after so many years!!!” I protested.

“You will always be our Rookie Monster even if you’re now so old.” Minzy kept on teasing me.

“Yah! I’m not old. Whatever! I won’t argue with you! I know that you like annoying people. So, you probably know that I will make my comeback soon and I decided to challenge myself a bit by incorporating a complicated choreo in my stage routine. Now that I think of it, it was a stupid idea. Anyway! As you already know, I’m very clumsy and of course, I can’t remember the damn steps. YG dance teacher is doing her best but she has so many things to handle beside my comeback so I don’t want to bother her. Do you think you could help? I have a video of the choreo that I could send you.” I explained the whole situation.

“Sure I will help you. Send me the choreo by email and I’ll call you when I have a moment between two courses.” Minzy proposed.

“Unni, you’re the best!” I exclaimed, a huge smile on my face.

“I know!! So beside the comeback, how are you doing?” Minzy asked me.

I thought about my boring life for a few seconds before replying.

“Well nothing new! I work, I visit my sister and her husband, I babysit my nephew, I compose songs for me and for YG artists.”

“Wow, what a fulfilling life!” Minzy joked. “And your love life? What about Baekyong?”

“We broke up. I’m not even sad. I started dating him because he asked me out but I was not in love.” I confessed.

“You mean that it was not like with Jongup!” Minzy said.

I considered what she said and couldn’t deny that it was true.

“It hurts to say it but I think you’re right. But there’s no point thinking about it. Jongup and I are over since a while now. I’m still attached to him because he was my first love but I can’t keep on living with the memories of us. I need to move on.” I revealed my deepest feelings to my dear friend.

“What if you can’t move on….maybe because Jongup is your soulmate?” Minzy asked mischievously.

“Wow! Who would have thought that the tough Minzy had in fact a soft romantic heart?” I replied, avoiding her question.

“You know I’m right but I can’t force you two to get back together.” My friend abandoned the subject.

“How’s my cutie pie goddaughter? And the rest of your family?” I questioned Minzy.

“They’re all doing well. Minyoung will soon celebrate her third birthday and you’re invited of course. But since you’re her goddaughter, you have to buy the most expensive gift! Okay I’m just kidding! And Taemin is talking about a third child but I’m not sure I want to be pregnant once again. I have to stop dancing during the pregnancy and even few months after giving birth so it represents a huge sacrifice for me. Moreover, I feel like we’re complete now that we’re four.”

“You’re so lucky Minzy! I really hope I will have an awesome family like yours one day.”

“You will! I’m sure of that! Oh, I’m sorry but I have to go. My next course will start in five minutes! Talk to you soon and take care! I’ll call to tell you when I’m available to rehearse your choreo! Bye Rookie Monster!” Minzy said before hanging up.

Aish still this stupid nickname! But I couldn’t help but laugh at Minzy’s playfulness! She was now a mother but she was still a kid at heart.

------------------------------------------------------

Two days after our conversation, Minzy called me back telling me that she memorized the choreo and that she had time for me the next day to teach me.

Ha Yi was preparing her bag with her fitness clothes, a bottle of water and some snacks. She was gathering all her strength and her courage. She knew that Minzy was a demanding professor and so she was prepared to suffer.

When she arrived at YG’s headquarters, the receptionist greeted her.

“Good morning Ha Yi-shi! I have a message from Minji-shi. She told me that she will be late for your dance lesson because of a problem with one of her daughters.” The woman informed her. “Don’t worry! It’s nothing serious! Just a cold apparently.” She added when she noticed the worried look on Ha Yi’s face.

“Thanks miss Kang! Have a nice day!” Ha Yi said before heading towards the elevators.

She soon reached the second floor and walked towards the rehearsal room where she had planned to meet Minji. Suddenly, she stopped in her track and unconsciously held her breath. She heard a giggle coming from a room on her left and she could recognize this laugh amongst thousands. She silently approached the door which was slightly opened and peeked inside. What she saw totally caught her by surprise! Her best friend Suhyun and a certain rapper were in the midst of a fierce making out session. She smiled widely at the sight of the two and decided to open the door abruptly to surprise the two lovebirds.

“Congrats guys!!! You two finally decided to confess after so many years!” Ha Yi clapped, a mischievous smile on her face.

The couple immediately interrupted their kiss and tried to disentangle themselves. Ha Yi burst into laughter when she noticed their disheveled appearance and their crimson red faces.

“Ha Yi, you scared the out of me!” Suhyun sighed.

“Sorry but that was too tempting!” Ha Yi smiled. “Congrats Bobby for finally manning up!! Do you know that Suhyun has a crush on you since……since forever?”

“Yah Ha Yi!! You can’t reveal my secrets like that! That was a private conversation between you and me!!” Suhyun blushed even more if it was possible.

“No I didn’t know! But don’t be embarrassed Suhyun! I find it cute!” Bobby smiled tenderly and grabbed Suhyun’s hand.

“I’m really happy for you two! I knew that you were meant to be together when I saw you working together for “I’m Different” years ago!!” Ha Yi confessed.

The two looked at her with wide eyes.

“Really?” They said in chorus.

Ha Yi nodded.

“You two were so natural with each other! To me, it was obvious.” Ha Yi explained. “Oh I should probably go! I have a dance lesson with Minji! She told me she would be late but I should probably do some warm-up before her arrival! Bye guys! And once again, congratulations Subby!!” Ha Yi said before exiting the room.

“Subby?” Bobby and Suhyun repeated, looking at each other.

They ran after Ha Yi and stopped her in the corridor.

“What’s Subby?” Suhyun asked.

“Your couple name of course! Suhyun+Bobby! That’s the name IKON, Chanhyuk and I used to give you years ago. I can assure you that I’m not the only one who will be happy for you two. Bye bye!!” Ha Yi explained before leaving, letting them dumbfounded.

Ha Yi finally arrived at her destination and started rehearsing her choreo alone. After twenty minutes, she heard someone opening the door.

“You’re finally here Minji! I hope Minyoung and Jaeyoung are okay.” Ha Yi said.

The person who just entered remained silent so Ha Yi turned to face the newcomer. When her eyes landed on the person, she froze.

“Hi Ha Yi!” A man said shyly.

Ha Yi couldn’t respond because of the shock. Her heart was beating crazily against her ribcage and all her past memories with him suddenly engulfed her. The man made few steps towards her to admire the precious face of his first love.

“Jon-Jongup!!! What are you do-doing here?” She managed to stutter.

“I’m here thanks to Minji! She informed me that you needed someone for your new choreo and she thought that I could help you!” Jongup smiled.

“Bu-but she said that she would help me!” Ha Yi whispered. “Is it a joke?”

“No Ha Yi, it’s not! I’m here because I wanted to see you again and I’m sure Minji guessed it. I’m here because even after all these years away from you, I never forget you! Each girl I dated after you never made me feel complete like you. I know that we broke up because at that time, we were both under pressure and we were still rookies but now we are adults. I’m sure that it could be different if we decided to try again.” Jongup explained passionately.

Ha Yi couldn’t believe that Jongup was really in front of her, confessing his love for her. They didn’t see each other in years so how could he be there, telling her he never forgot her?? That was just unbelievable.

“Ha Yi! Ha Yi! Do you hear me?” Jongup tried to catch her attention.

“Ye-yeah! Sorry! It’s just so sudden!” Ha Yi said, looking deeply in his eyes.

Jongup saw the surprise and the nervousness in Ha Yi’s brown orbs so he grabbed her hand and placed it on his torso, right on his heart.

“Do you feel it? My heart is still beating for you! My heart is beating as fast as when I first saw you on Kpop Star! At that time, I didn’t imagine that you would take such a huge place in my heart. I want you back in my life Ha Yi! I really do! I’m sure that you’re the one for me and I feel stupid because I should have tried to get you back years ago!” Jongup poured his heart.

Ha Yi was very touched by Jongup’s words. She knew that deep inside her heart, she was still in love with him. During all these years, she buried her feelings for him, trying to find happiness with someone else because dating a Kpop idol was too difficult but now that he was in front of her, she didn’t have the force to ignore her feelings for him any longer. And she knew he was right. They were no longer rookies and if they decided to date again, it would be a lot easier.

Ha Yi removed her hand from Jongup’s torso and without much hesitation; she tiptoed and kissed him lightly on the lips. This quick contact was like a time machine which brought them back to their first kiss and Ha Yi realized that her feelings for him were still as strong as when they dated back in the day.

“Jongup! I want to be part of your life again!” Ha Yi confessed, secured in Jongup’s arms.

“You make me the happiest man on Earth today!” Jongup whispered.

-------------------------------------------------------

Breaking news: BAP’s Jongup and YG’s Lee Hi announce their upcoming wedding.

The celebrity couple which started publicly dating one year ago has now decided to become husband and wife. The details of the ceremony have not been disclosed but we can expect a lot of idols in attendance, mainly from YG and TS Entertainment.

This announcement has been well received by their fans who are unanimously wishing their best to the couple.

This wedding will maybe give some ideas to fellow YG and TS celebrity couples AKMU’s Suhyun-IKON’s Bobby and Bang Yong Gook- Song Jieun!

Congratulations to the soon to be Moon husband and wife!

--------------------------------------------------------

Hi dear readers!

This is finally the end of this story!! I decided to make a flash forward because I wanted to end this story with a wedding (well a suggested wedding)^^ Yes I’m a desperate romantic LOL

I hope you enjoyed this last chapter! I shamelessly integrated many of my favorite couples (Ririn, Subby and BangSong ^^)

Thanks for following me during this story!

I also want to thanks my new subscribers! The story is finished now so you can read this fic peacefully ^^