Giant maknae in action !!

My Rookie Monster Fangirl [sequel to My Best Absolute Perfect Fanboy]

Lee Hi’s POV

I was waiting anxiously backstage with my Big Bang Oppas, fidgeting with my dress as I was hearing the crowd cheering loudly each time new artists entered the concert venue to reach their designated tables. Finally, a staff member called us and so Daesung Oppa and Seungri Oppa, the sweetest guys ever, cheered me up and we all walked in the Olympic Park for the 22nd Seoul Music Awards. I plastered a smile on my face as I was taught to and waved to the cameras and to the fans. When the man pointed at our table, my nervousness reached a whole new level when I spotted the occupants of the table just near ours. There was a group of six young men, six rookies who stole the heart of so many girls across the country and across the world, mine included. As we approached, they turned their attention towards us. I immediately felt self-conscious as I had the strange and awkward feeling that their six pairs of eyes were all focused on me. But why the BAP members would look at me when they were so close to Big Bang, a now legendary Kpop group? That was just ridiculous!!

We finally sat at our table and once again, I felt as if six gazes were burning holes in my back, making me shivering. As I was scrutinizing the stage in front of me, my heart skipped a beat at the realization that Jongup was just behind me, about three meters away, probably smiling sweetly and chatting with his bandmates. I would kill to have the opportunity to talk to him and to receive just a smile from him! Gosh! Here I was again, being delirious and delusional just because he was there! I was slowly considering undergoing a therapy just to try erasing him from my mind, erasing this obsession which was preventing me from focusing completely on my blossoming career. I was just a rookie and I couldn’t take the risk to be distracted by a guy. I had to work hard to get some recognition for my work and securing me a place in people’s hearts in the overly competitive Kpop world. But was I enough courageous to grow away from my affection and my sweet feelings towards him? I didn’t think so! He was occupying such a huge place in my heart that if I tried to erase my feelings for him, I would probably feel empty inside.

-----------------------------------------------------

The award ceremony went on as every award ceremony: the MCs announced one by one the winners, the artists who won went on stage to receive their prize and pronounced their thank you speech and a lot of singers in attendance performed their latest hit song in front of an ecstatic audience.

Lee Hi and BAP received the “Best New Artist” award with Ailee and EXO, the winning rookie quartet of 2012. Indeed, the four of them took the Kpop world by storm with their debut song, each in their respective style.

-----------------------------------------------------

Jongup’s POV

It was already the end of the ceremony and I wasn’t really eager to leave the Olympic Park. During the whole event, I had my eyes on the one and only girl in my mind. I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed that the organizers fatedly placed us only few meters apart. It was such a chance to see her from up-close, even if I could only see her back. I could guess her reactions just by observing her from behind. She would nod her head gently to sweet songs, clap her head to upbeat songs and waved to the cameras when she felt that they were focusing on her.

When she performed her song on stage, I appreciated every second of it but I was visibly not the only one as I heard Hiheel’s fanchants echoing in the concert venue. And when I looked towards the other tables and especially towards SHINee sunbaes’ table, I noticed with great displeasure and jealousy that they all seemed to enjoy her performance as well. It was official: I wasn’t the only Lee Hi’s celebrity fanboy anymore.

Later during the night, when Big Bang sunbaes won one of the main prizes of the event, I had an inner fanboy celebration. Indeed, the five guys stood up with Ha Yi when they heard their name but before walking towards the stage, Seungri high fived her. She smiled cutely at the Big Bang’s maknae, probably happy to feel accepted and recognized as a member of the YG Family. Yes, it was almost nothing but it warmed my fanboy heart. I felt like this moment was true and her smile was genuine when she smiled at YG’s very own goofy panda. YG’s little Princess was so perfect in my eyes.

“Hey lover boy, it’s time to leave!!!” Our leader snapped his fingers in front of my face.

I shook my head and followed the rest of the group, registering all the events of the night in a corner of my mind. Each moment near Ha Yi was just too precious to be forgotten!!!

---------------------------------------------------------

Few days later

--------------------------------------------------------

Zelo’s POV

I couldn’t believe TS was obliging me to come to school while we were gearing up for our comeback! I was already busy with rehearsals for our new album and for our upcoming first concert but I had also to prepare school assignments. As if I was a superhero!!! TS was really strict about education and I was really regretting that today.

I was rambling on my unfortunate fate as I was exiting school when I suddenly spotted a familiar figure near the gate. I ran towards the person and gave him a questioning look.

“Jongup??? What are you doing here?? You usually never bother walking all the way from our dorm to pick me up after school!!! Did something happen?” I asked, very suspicious about his presence there.

“No no everything’s okay! I just wanted to get some fresh air and relax a bit between two rehearsals. Manager Hyung gave us a thirty-minute break and so I decided to come here to see how you were doing at school.” Jongup replied.

As he was talking, I noticed that his gaze was shifting towards the gate where a lot of students were passing by to come back home. Suddenly, realization hit me: he wasn’t there for me….he was there for her. Indeed, few days ago, I confided to Jongup that Lee Hi was attending the same high school as me and now here he was, waiting for the YG Princess while pretending to be here for me! What a traitor! I decided to play with him, just to let him know that I wasn’t dupe of his manoeuvres.

“Hey buddy! There’s another gate in this school!” I hinted.

“What?” Jongup asked, a bit disconcerted by my statement.

“I just said that there’s another exit at the other side of the school.” I , not revealing anything new.

“Would you be enough kind to tell me why you’re saying me this?” Jongup replied, still not understanding what I said.

“I know that you aren’t here for me and so I just wanted to tell you that she doesn’t walked by home passing by this gate. She exits school by the other gate ….at the other side of the school.” I smirked.

I saw his eyes suddenly widening and his jaw dropping. He didn’t even try to deny it and then put on a spurt to reach the other gate as soon as possible. I decided to follow him but I wasn’t in the mood to run so I walked and reached the second exit of the school few minutes after Jongup. He was there panting but with a smile on his foolish face.

“Thanks for telling me! Sorry for lying to you earlier!” Jongup said when he saw me.

“That’s okay! Lovestruck people always do foolish things!” I laughed.

“I’m not lovestruck!” Jongup frowned.

“Yes you are!”

“No I’m not!”

“Yes you are!”

“NOOOOO I’m not”

“YEEEEEs you are!”

“No”

“Yes”

“No”

“Oh look! I see her just there.” I suddenly said to Jongup pointing towards something behind his back.

Immediately, he turned back towards the gate, just to catch a glimpse of her and he confirmed my theory at the same time. With a quizzical look on his face, he looked back at me.

“Where is she?” He cocked an eyebrow.

“Told you that you were lovestruck. Did you see at which speed you reacted when I told you that she was there?” I gave him one of my best know-it-all faces.

“You lied to me! How dare you?”Jongup said furious, his poor little heart probably collapsing in his chest because of the disappointment.

“You lied first when you told me that you came to see me.” I stuck out my tongue.

“You said that you were okay and that you forgave me.” Jongup sulked, his lips pursed in a not so manly pout.

As I was imagining a great comeback, I suddenly spotted a familiar petite figure, slowly walking towards the exit.

“Jongup, now she’s really there! I promise!!” I said excitedly, shaking his arm.

“I won’t believe you now! You’re just a liar!!” Jongup mumbled, still angry.

“Jongup!!! Stop being so childish!!! She’s really there now!!! Stop sulking! You’re not a kid anymore!” I scolded him gently.

She was approaching us, not paying attention to her surroundings as she was just watching the sky, a dreamy smile on her lips. I smirked when I noticed that it was maybe for the best if Jongup didn’t turn back! I started counting in my mind. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…..Collision!!!! As expected, Lee Hi finally bumped into Jongup since we were on her way and she wasn’t looking in front of her.

“Oh so-sorry! I wasn’t paying attention!” She apologized to Jongup.

Jongup finally turned back and realized who just bumped into him. His eyes bulked out of their sockets when he saw his crush in front of him and Lee Hi’s cheeks surprisingly colored when she saw Jongup’s face!

Me, I was just watching the scene as if I was in the theatre in front of a cheesy romantic comedy. Too bad I didn’t have pop corn!!!

“Jon-Jongup-shi!!” She managed to whisper, visibly confused.

I smiled realizing that Jongup’s crush was probably reciprocal!!

“Ha Yi-shi!! Ni-nice to meet you here!” Jongup stuttered pathetically.

“Ye-yeah! Oh, hi Zelo-shi!” She said, finally noticing my presence.

“Hi Ha Yi-shi! How are you and how was your school day?” I asked, helping Jongup since he visibly didn’t prepare anything to say to her…or maybe just forget everything!

“I’m fine and my day was great but it’s a bit difficult to be followed everywhere by people who recognize me! It’s probably the same for you!” She replied cutely.

“Yes but we need to accept it! Without fans we aren’t anything!” I beamed.

“I didn’t know you where attending the same school as Zelo, Jongup-shi!” Lee Hi turned her attention towards my friend, her cheeks tinted pink.

I felt Jongup stiffening next to me, probably surprised by her question.

“I-I’m not! I just came to pick up Zelo since we have a rehearsal for our comeback in a few minutes!” He explained.

“Oh I see!” She replied with a hint of disappointment in her voice. “Sorry but I also have to leave! I have a Japanese lesson in thirty minutes at YG! It was great to see you!” She said shyly.

“Bye Ha Yi-shi!! See you soon at school!” I bid her goodbye.

“Bye Ha Yi-shi! Hope to see you soon!” Jongup exclaimed before hitting his forehead after she had turned back.

I looked at him and rolled my eyes at his silliness.

“Why did I say that?” He moaned.

I wrapped one of my arms around his shoulders in comfort.

“Because you’re lovestruck!” I winked at him before running for my life!

“Choi Junhong, if I catch you Giant Freak, you’re dead!!!” Jongup threatened behind my back.

------------------------------

Hi my dear readers!!

First, thanks to my new readers for choosing my fic! I hope you’re enjoying it so far! Thanks to the readers who follow since the beginning and thanks to all the persons who are leaving encouraging comments!! Thanks a lot!! As I said to many of you, it’s amazing to feel the support of the readers and it’s also a source of strength!

I hope you enjoyed this new chapter, fluffy cute as usual!!

Bye!!

f2V8AEL.jpg

Aren't they so cute ??? ^^

PS: Particular thanks to cupidzangel who told me about the 22nd Seoul Music Awards ^^ When I watched some videos about this event, I immediately understood the potential of this event for a chapter of this fanfic!