The Survivors

The Demon Wears Glasses

“Ready kids?” Tiffany whispered as they gathered.

“Yes!” They whispered back.

Everyone put their hands in a circle, and suddenly vanished.

A second later, the door of the room they were in was kicked in.

“There’s no one here, Sergeant!” The guard called out.

“Drat! They must have escaped.” A mustached man cracked a fist. “We must evacuate!”

*

Yunho opened his eyes, feeling dizzy and lost. In his disorientation, he also recognized that he felt empty, like life had suddenly been out of him.

“Mr. Jung?”

“Yes?” He croaked, then cleared his raw throat. He blinked his bleary eyes and found himself in the back of an ambulance.

“Good, you’re conscious. We’re transporting you to the Seoul hospital.”

He nodded, and found himself drifting back into darkness.

*

Tiffany felt a shudder start from her spine and outwards to her body. She immediately felt cold, empty, and fragile. Rest in peace, my friend.

“Unnie? Is there something wrong?” Jihye asked, stepping forward on the roof.

Tiffany forced a smile onto her face. “Nope. Nothing’s wrong. Looks like the coast clear. Let’s get you and your friends home.

*

“Yunho?”

Yunho struggled to open his eyes. They felt heavy, like he had been asleep for a thousand years.

“Yunho?”

“Father?” he croaked out.

“Yes, son. I’m here.”

“I..I love you…Father.”

“I know, son. I love you too. Go back to sleep.”

With that Yunho fell back into the darkness of oblivion.

*

Oh, Yunho.

I’m sorry that I give you more than you wanted to handle.

But you are a strong man, right?

 

*

“Mr. Jung?”

Yunho opened his eyes and cringed at the bright light.

“Hello, Mr. Jung. I am your doctor, Dr. Kim. I just wanted to let you know that you’ve gotten out of surgery. We have removed a bullet from your chest that surprisingly wasn’t fatal. You are now in a more stable condition.”

Bullet? Chest? But…

“The detectives will see you in a few hours to discuss terms with you, if your family gives permission. Until then, we suggest you to get your rest.”

As if on command, Yunho’s eyes closed and he fell again into a deep sleep.

*

Tiffany appeared in front of the mansion and resisted the urge to gape. She turned to Jihye. “Is this it?”

The girl nodded listlessly.

“Are you tired?” Tiffany forgot how weak humans could be.

“A little.” She looked up and smiled. “Thanks for saving me.”

“Anything for a sister.” Tiffany exchanged a fist bump.

Jihye walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. At that moment, a lady with curled hair answered.

“Jihye! Oh my god!” She gathered the girl into her arms.

“Hi mom.”

“I thought we lost you too!”

“Too?” Jihye raised her eyebrows.

“Your brother is in the hospital. We’ve been trying to contact your school for hours, but no one was answering! Was your school in a lockdown?”

“Um…” Jihye looked back, but Tiffany had disappeared. “It’s a long story, Mom,” she finally replied. “Could we go see Yunho?”

*

“Mr. Jung, we have some questions.”

“Huh?” Mr. Jung groggily opened his eyes. The anesthesia made me feel woozy and carefree.

“Where were you yesterday?”

“…ware wuzzz I? I wuzzz…” Yunho suddenly remember the doctor’s word and sat up, his hand immediately going to his chest as pain pierced his upper body. “I was shot!”

As he panted, he looked up as saw two men he didn’t recognize. “Who are you? Why are you guys here?”

“Mr. Jung, we are the detectives investigating the case of you and several other employees of White Hall being attacked. We already introduced ourselves earlier.”

“Introduced?” Yunho’s mind raced. “You introduced yourself to an unconscious man?” He laughed, as if some spirit opened his mouth and made him lose his reserve. “You guys call yourselves detectives! Hah, crazy detectives!”

“Now, Mr. Jung, we suggest you to calm down.” As Yunho felt him restrained by one of them, he heard the same voice whisper, “and now’s the time we get the truth!”

“Mr. Jung, will you please tell us word for word what happened yesterday?”

“Hmm, yesterday… What was yesterday?” Yunho laughed at the light-headedness he had. “Ice cream!”

“Ice cream?” the detectives looked confused.

He waved a finger at them. “I won’t tell you guys until you give me ice cream!” He giggled.

“Is he possessed?” One of the detectives asked.

“It would explain what happened yesterday besides that he had no blood on himself except his own,” the other guy whispered.

“HEY! What are you guys doing in here?” An angry, matron-like female voice came in. “The doctor specifically told you that you could ask the patient question after his family gave consent! They haven’t seen the forms! Get out! You are violating hospital protocol! I will let his family know about this, and don’t worry about not getting sued!”

As the two men were shamefully shuffled out of the room by the fuming nurse, Yunho looked up and smiled at the ceiling. A familiar, beautiful face seemed to look back at him.

“Ice… Where are you? I need you…”

[A/N] ..yeah the last part is what happens after I write most of the chapter, spend a week of insanity at school, and then try to write again. OTL

But hey it still brings us where we need to go. I'm just kinda stalling :3

ONE MORE DAY PEOPLE ONE MORE DAY AND AZNAWZMAO IS FREE!!!!

...for 8 days OTL