Take Down Your Wall

The Demon Wears Glasses

Yunho looked down, but he couldn’t see where Soo-yeon had landed. In fact, there was no trace of her. It’s like she had disappeared from mid-air. Like she had never existed.

No! I know she was here. She was.

He swung himself over back to the metal rods on the building. He scrambled down, scanning the surroundings for any sign of where the woman went. Suddenly the rod under his right foot broke off. His sweaty right hand slipped off the bar he had been holding grabbing as the inertia of his body almost threw him to a free fall.

Before he could react, a hand grabbed his arm and steadied him. He looked up to see himself staring in Soo-yeon’s face. She was hanging from the bottom of her balcony, where there were other rods attached. She looked like a monkey hanging from a ceiling.

“Put your right foot where your left foot is,” she said calmly, as if they were only kids playing on a jungle gym on the playground.

Yunho followed her instructions.

“Now just steady yourself and keep going.” She let go of his hand. “This is why you need to stop seeing me,” she said sternly, then she swung herself back up, and disappeared when she had landed back on her balcony.

Yunho immediately started climbing down and went on until his feet touched the ground, his heart pounding as adrenaline still flowed through his veins.

His phone rang, reminding him of the appointment he had to fulfill.

But I won’t let her off this easily. Even if she’s tried to threaten me again.

*

Soo-yeon reentered her apartment, rubbing her cheeks just in case there were still tear-stained.

“Yoboseyo?”

Soo-yeon froze as she heard her sister’s voice in another room.

“Oh, hi Jihye!”

Soo-yeon visibly relaxed once she heard the greeting. Jihye had been a friend of her sister’s for a long time. She met her once when she went to visit her sister at her school a few years back.

As the memory of Jihye’s face ran through her mind, she tensed again. For some reason, Jihye’s face brought about an annoyance she had been feeling a lot these days…

“No! They are? They didn’t even listen?” Jihye said some words, then Soo-jung sighed. “Yeah. I’m lucky that I have a sister that doesn’t ask too many questions. But don’t worry! You can get through this!”

Soo-yeon raised her eyebrows at that comment and started to walk in the direction of Soo-jung’s voice.

“You might be able to find the others if they take you too,” Soo-jung continued. “Try to hide your cell phone, just in case, okay? Even if they take you to a place with no reception.”

Soo-yeon almost halted in her tracks at that statement. What is going on? She opened the door to her sister’s room.

Soo-jung’s eyes opened wide. “Sorry, Jihye, I gotta go, my unnie is home. I’ll try to call you right back, okay? Bye.” She snapped the phone shut. “Unnie! I thought you said you would come back late. Did something happen at work?”

“My boss did not require me to work overtime as I had anticipated she would.” Soo-yeon hesitated. “Is Jihye alright?”

Soo-jung lips thinned. “She’s…she’s doing okay.”

“And you? Even though you have been sleeping better, it doesn’t look you are resting well.”

“Oh no!” Soo-jung’s hands flew to her eyes. “Are my bags that bad?”

Soo-yeon stayed silent.

The younger girl groaned, lying on her bed. “What am I going to do?” she wailed. “I swear I tried everything, chilled spoons to concealers…”

Soo-jung sat down beside her on the bed. “I don’t think the problem can be solved that quickly with physical remedies,” she said gently. “There’s obviously something bothering you that’s affecting your health. Maybe you could tell me what was going on. I can see if I can help.”

“But unnie,” Soo-jung looked at her with a troubled face. “It’s not that simple.”

“Since when have you seen me afraid of hard problems?” Soo-yeon said with a smile. “Besides, who said it’s alright for you to worry on your own? That’s why I’m here.”

Soo-jung looked head on to Soo-yeon, allowing the older girl see her cracked resolve and façade crumble even further in her eyes.

Please, dongseng, trust me…

*

Yunho arrived at the café, slightly breathless. He looked around frantically, then spotted the girl with light brown hair that came shoulder length at a table meant for two. A smile broke out on his face as he rushed over.

Thank god she’s still here.

[A/N] Hi guys! Sorry the chapter is really short, but yes I actually now have some decent ideas going on, and I really hope to write them down because they are AWESOME.

Just some, you know, setbacks like an interview with my soon-to-be mentor for a research internship, playing at graduation, participating in a national math competition for two days, trying to make up the work I missed due to all those events, AND finals next week.

Which means SUMMER WILL BE HERE! WHOOH! Writing every day hopefully! LET ALL THE CREATIVITY OUT!

...if I can get through the next two weeks >.<

Anyway I think all those singers know that, so many of them are making comebacks OTL STOP DISTRACTING ME YOU FOOLS OF TALENT.

Thank you all for continuing to read and subscribing, it truly means a lot to me. Whether or not I have posted my gratitude on your wall, THANK YOU and I'll try to keep you happy with my continuing words. Honestly, the last fanfic I wrote felt fake because I felt like I was writing for a fandom and their illusions, not for a reader with my story. So thank you for letting me be real to you guys. I totally feel alive again.

You can let me know if you like reading my author notes or not, because while I feel like the story should speak for itself, I do like talking to you guys and letting you know HEY this isn't just some word generator here! I'm a person and so are you guys! Doigh! XD

See y'all next chapter!