Execution pt. 2

The Demon Wears Glasses

It’s hard to write things to people when you know they’re going to be read after you die.

People who write them are either pessimistic or realistic. They are the ones who know that hope is a useless thing to carry all the time, that they must confront the truth that at some point, we all must die.

I am one of them, except I know exactly when I’m going to die.

*

“You’re going to enter one of the White Hall’s buildings?”

“I’m not that stupid, Director Jung. Neither are your employees. They would never do anything to endanger your place of employment. That is where their secrets lie.”

“But you don’t want their secrets?”

The masked person turned to him, her eyes twinkling. “I already have them, Director Jung.” She gestured to behind them. “I suggest you leave. Your job here is done.”

“What will you do?”

“I will be confronting the members of Director Park’s department. If you come with me, I cannot guarantee your safety or your reputation.”

“You do not wish to ruin my life?”

“When one is innocent, there is no punishment.”

Yunho’s eye flashed as he found himself in another time.

*

“Sir, it’s widely known that your son is involved with gangs-“

“I am still convinced he is innocent. My son may be brash, but that does not mean he has lost all common sense.”

“But sir-“

His father’s hand smacked the desk, making the cop jump. “Find me the direct evidence that my son committed the murder, and I will listen to you. Until then sir, I suggest you leave my son out of this.”

His father stalked out of the office, motioning Yunho to follow him. Yunho stood up from his seat and rushed to catch up.

They walked in silence for a while. Finally, his father turned to him.

“Did you kill her, son?”

“No, father!” Yunho’s throat tightened. “I was dragging her body because I was trying to get her out…I was too late.”

His father nodded, his body still tense. “I want you to disband your gang. I know you made it with good intentions, but now people are willing to point fingers at you. Let your friends know I can give them opportunities, but I cannot keep protecting you like this.”

Yunho nodded. “Yes father.”

His father looked at him, surprised his son was compliant.

Yunho would have been just as shocked with himself if he wasn’t mentally replaying the screams in the air.

*

“Then what is your punishment?” Yunho asked.

“I kidnapped their leader. I am avenging the deaths in my family illegally. I have many sins to repent, Director Jung. This is between me and my fate. I suggest you to not interfere.”

“Those do not sound sins to me.”

The masked person was about to reply when several vans pulled up. She grabbed Yunho and ran through the warehouses. Shots started to ring.

They turned a corner and the masked person opened a door, shoving Yunho through the doorway.  “I cannot allow you to endanger yourself,” she seethed. “Wait here.”

She then shut the door.

Yunho quickly went to the door, but found it locked.

Why won’t she let me help her?

[A/N] Hey guys!

Please bear with me as I try to keep updating. A set of deadlines currently just passes so I'm slightly more free, but I'm not sure how long this period will last. (And hopefully this story stays consistent.)

To the new readers, welcome! I used to update frequently...-sigh-

To the old loyal readers, thank you for continuing to support me. -bows-