First Step Inside the Workplace

The Demon Wears Glasses

 

“Yunho!” Yunho turned to see Donghae hurrying to catch up with him. “You’re going to be a director of White Hall in two weeks, right?”

“Yes.” Yunho faced him. “Why?”

“I’m going to be one of the assistant directors there! Isn’t that awesome? Looks like we’ll actually being seeing each the same amount, hyung.”

“Really?” Yunho smiled. “That’s great! Where are you going?”

Donghae checked his watched. “I have a meeting in the Green room in twenty five minutes.”

“I’m heading there as well.” Yunho gestured, and both men started walking.

“So what are you doing for your project? I mean, since we both already have jobs, do you know how it applies to us?” Donghae asked.

“I talked to the dean about it. We still have to do research, but we can keep our jobs since we still have superiors to serve as our mentors. Remember, our project proposals are due in two weeks,” Yunho said.

“Are you kidding me, hyung? I never forget anything?” Donghae protested.

“Do I have to remind you the number of times you almost forgot to send in a contract that almost cost our company a deal?” Yunho shot back.

“Aish, hyung, I thought you were nice!” Donghae said as they walked into a hallway.

At that moment, the front door of the lobby opened. Wearing a smart, forest green blazer, Soo-yeon walked in. She gave a polite smile to the receptionist and walked into a conference room.

“Hello!” She said with a smile to her two interviewers once she closed the door behind her. “My name is Jung Soo-yeon.” She bowed and sat down in the chair intended for the interviewee.

The lady on her left nodded. Her appearance made the air around her seem regal. “It says here that you grew up in America,” she said, holding up Soo-yeon’s résumé.  “Would it be too personal a question to ask why you came here for your education instead of your home country?”

“My parents moved here when I was a teenager. During my childhood, I had made trips to Korea with my family. I love this country, and although everyone thinks America is the powerhouse of the world, I believe this country has great potential. I also hope that with my international background, I can help propel this company to new heights with my experience in America and my contacts there.”

The interviewers nodded at her response. “What are your flaws?” The man asked in a deep voice. His peppered hair was in a buzz cut and he was wearing tinted spectacles, giving him a bodyguard aura.

“One of my flaws is that my communication with people is not very tangible. I’m somewhat reserved, but I feel that choosing my words carefully helps eliminate distractions and mistakes. My colleagues may find me aloof, but I hope in time they realized that I’m still a hard worker and have the same objective as they do. Another flaw I have is that I’m still a student. I’m not as experienced as others, but I hope to gain experience here. I’m sure that White Hall will provide the best guidance there is to offer for someone wanting to join the business industry. Also because I’m a student, I may spend a lot of time studying and researching my assignments thoroughly because I still have my studying ethic in place, even if it takes too much time.” Soo-yeon dipped her head slightly. Would they think it’s weird that I know so much about my character…

The woman nodded, a look of satisfaction on her face. “I believe that is all the questions we had for you to ask.”

“Yes,” the man said, suddenly pulling out the gun. A click sounded in the room to signal he had disabled the safety mechanism. He aimed it at Soo-yeon’s head.

Ahh…