Rescue

The Demon Wears Glasses

Jihye opened up her eyes and blinked as she tried to make out shapes in the murky darkness.

“Jihye, what are you doing here?” A whisper pierced the silence.

Jihye swallowed at the sound of a classmate. “I-I couldn’t convince my father to pull me out.”

“No! Don’t you realize? They’ve kidnapped us for the side money, but all they really want is you!”

Jihye hung her head, tears threatening to escape her eyes. “I couldn’t do anything.”

“I’m sorry.” The anguished tone of her classmate quickly turned apologetic. “It’s not your fault.”

“How are we bound?”

“Rope tied pretty tightly on wrists and ankles. We’ve all tried to untie the knots, but it’s no use.”

Jihye looked around and tried to move closer to the voice. “I have a knife, and I could try cutting your bonds. Just try to bump into me so at least I know where you are.”

“Here, I’ll crack the door open a bit.”

Jihye flinched a little as a ray of light cracked into the room. She saw her classmate and moved forward. She twisted her body to grab her knife out of the sheath with her bound hands. She used to adjust the knife between her hands, and then started sawing through the wrists.

Suddenly there was a faint sound of footsteps.

“Quickly! They’re coming!”

*

Yunho stared at the end of the gun in disbelief. Jihye…

“Done saying your prayer, boy?” Director Park laughed. His finger neared the trigger.

Yunho closed his eyes. I’m sorry, Father…

*BANG*

When Yunho felt no pain, he opened his eyes.

The masked person stood in front of him, shielding his body.

“What-?” he began to ask.

The masked person swiftly turned around, letting out a groan. A bullet hole in the middle of her chest still smoked, and now was bleeding.

The person took off the mask to reveal a sculpted face set with piercing blue-gray eyes.

“I’m sorry, Yunho,” Soo-yeon whispered.

At that moment, she began to shine, light rays emitting from her being.

“What is this madness?!” Director Park yelled, letting off more shots.

Yunho covered his ears and squinted.

Soo-yeon?