Surprise, Surprise

The Demon Wears Glasses

 

“Introducing our new director, Yunho Jung!”

Everyone in the auditorium of White Hall Corporation clapped, with some whistling here and there, as Yunho walked up to the stage. He shook hands with several of the senior executives, then stepped up to the podium.

“Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I am honored to be your new director at White Hall. Although this will be my first time working officially as an employee of White Hall, I have reviewed your business practices and inner workings during my time at Jung Fortune. However, I’m sure that’s not all there is about White Hall, and I will be glad to learn from all of you to be able to lead White Hall to greater success. Please give me a warm welcome as I try to learn the ropes.

Everyone clapped as he bowed once more and stepped off to the podium. He walked backstage.

“That was a great speech, sir!” Donghae said with an amused sparkle in his eye.

Yunho groaned. Why can’t I say anything coherent when I’m under great stress? “Thanks Donghae. Aren’t you going to check the status of markets right now? It is 9:30.”

“Yes sir!” Donghae made a mock salute and disappeared out of sight.

I’m going to feel sorry for his superiors when he goes to the army…

Yunho shook his head and chastised himself for feeling cranky. He walked into one of the company kitchens to get a cup of coffee.

“That was a wonderful greeting, Director Jung,” said a familiar voice.

He looked up to find himself staring at a pair of cold yet amused eyes.

“Jung Soo-yeon?”

“It’s good to see your memory still works sir.” She was wearing a beige blazer over a white blouse, and paired it with a navy skirt. It was better than her wardrobe choices at the university, but still very uptight. She gestured to the coffeemaker. “The coffee still needs a minute.”

“What are you doing here?” He asked, ignoring her response. How did she know I wanted coffee?

“Well, as some people may say…” He watched in amazement as she started twirling a strand of hair, her face morphing into an expression of those superficial girls Yunho bumped into everyday at the university.  “I work here, duh,” she drawled out, rolling her eyes.

Yunho stood there, stunned. “You…work here.”

“I’m an intern to Economic Advisor Kim Min-yeon, sir.” She reached up to upper cabinets to a stack of reinforced paper cups.

“Why do I have a feeling that’s not the only thing you are…” he said softly.

The coffee carafe in her hand froze in midair. “Be careful what you say, sir,” she said, a hint of warning in her voice, as she resumed pouring coffee into two cups. “Especially around me.”

“Yunho!” Donghae ran up. “Everything is doing fine, but the Shanghai division just requested to have a video conference in twenty minutes.”

“Thanks Donghae. By the way, have you met Jung Soo-yeon?” Yunho turned with a smile. “Jung Soo-yeon, this is Lee Donghae. Lee Donghae, this is Intern Jung Soo-yeon.”

“It’s so nice to meet your sir,” Soo-yeon said politely, holding out her hand.

Donghae didn’t respond. Instead, he just kept staring at her.

After a few seconds, Soo-yeon dropped her hand, her smile becoming strained. “Well, I’m sure that you gentlemen need to prepare for the video conference. Congratulations again, Director Jung. Perhaps we’ll bump into each other again.” She gave a slight bow and left the room with a cup of coffee in her hand.

Yunho turned to Donghae. “What’s wrong? I’ve never seen you speechless with a girl before.”

Donghae looked at him, his eyes open wide. “It’s her.

[A/N] Do you guys like the new background and poster? If you're looking for great graphics or even great fanfics, please go to the foreword to see the credits! (Seriously though, the poster maker is a BRILLIANT author. Check her out.)
Also, thank you so much for your constant support, I know everyone's busy with their exams (mine come in two weeks) so FIGHTING!