The Demon’s Revenge

The Demon Wears Glasses

Jihye cautiously listened through the grate. “Are you sure this is where they are?” She whispered.

“I’m positive!”

She carefully moved the door, and cringed as it rattled. Immediately both girls pressed back against the vent.

“Who’s there?” a small, high voice asked.

“Taeni!” The classmate rushed off and hugged her friend.

Jihye walked out as well, carrying a piece of metal she had used to open the grate. “Here, use this to untie them.”

“Where are you going?” The classmate asked, as Jihye kept walking.

“I’m going to figure out why I’m here.”

Tiffany smiled as she listened as she stood on the roof. She walked over to the nearest sky hatch and tested the handle. It easily opened with a slight tug, and she slid herself through.

As she landed, immediately she went into a defensive stance, even though her senses told her the guards had gone down to the first floor. After making sure the coast was clear, she crept into the shadows.

Tiffany followed Jihye as she wandered through the hallways. Right when Jihye was about to turn left, Tiffany grabbed her wrist and clamped a hand over before Jihye could scream.

“Shh, I’m Soo-jung’s unnie,” she whispered as Jihye tensed up.

Jihye relaxed and Tiffany let her go. “You’re trying to find who’s behind all of this, right?”

Jihye nodded. “Do you know who it is?”

“Nope! But whoever it is, they’re on the first floor, and the stairs are to the right.”

“How do you know that?” Jihye asked as she started following Tiffany.

Tiffany winked. “Unnie knows everything.”

*

“We have arrived at the San Francisco International Airport. Thank you for choosing us to fly with you today. We hope you enjoy your stay.”

Soo-jung immediately unbuckled her seatbelt once the seatbelt sign went off. She grabbed her carry-on language and joined the line in the aisle. Her phone vibrated as it , then beeped with a message. She opened it with a puzzled face.

“Krystal,

I’m so proud of you, flying by yourself. I’m sorry unnie couldn’t be with you, but she’ll try to join you soon.

Once you get the text from Stephanie, go to the place we hold close to our hearts. There, you will unlock my being, and I will be with you once more.

Love you!

Jessica.”

Soo-jung smiled, tears forming in her eyes.

 “I’m Krystal again,” she whispered to herself.

*

“Why do I trust you again?” Jihye whispered as she and Tiffany stood flat against a wall.

“Well if you want to be suicidal, be my guest,” Tiffany whispered with a cold voice.

Jihye shivered as Tiffany turned back on the lookout.

“Man, what does that Jung girl have on her?”

Jihye immediately froze as a faint voice came down the hall, followed by a click of the door closing.

“What everyone else who’s been kidnapped has, of course!” scoffed a deeper voice. “Money, money, money.”

“Yes, but the boss seems really intent on keeping her captive than everyone else.” The voice paused, then went into a loud whisper. “I heard it was because the big boss works for Jung Fortune, and he wants one of the companies.”

“Yah, keep those rumors to yourself! Our job is to guard, not to gossip. Let’s get back to our posts before the sergeant comes to find us and finds out we’re not there.”

The footsteps became fainter, and then there was another click of a door.

Jihye turned to Tiffany. “What?”

“Shh. That’s why you’re here, to confront the guy. Tell me, do you know the name, Shin Minhyun?”

Jihye started to shake. “H-He’s the new headmaster!”

Tiffany smiled. “Perfect. Are you ready to end this?”

“Uh, sure? But it has to be me?”

“Yes. You are the reason why your classmates are still here. They’ve been trying to get you all along. Do you know how to shoot a gun?”

Jihye nodded with a grimace. “Unfortunately.”

“Good. Take my hand.”

“Why?”

“We’re going to walk through the shadows.”

Jihye took her hand after a second’s hesitation, and felt her breath taken.

When she blinked, she found herself in front of an oaken desk, the back of an office chair facing her.

“I’ll be right here,” Tiffany whispered, then placed something in her hand.

Jihye found her lungs woosh in with air, and felt cold metal in the palm of her hand.

“Seargent Ban, is that you?” The familiar, clipped voice made Jihye shudder. She took in a deep breath and saw a flicker of Tiffany’s encouraging face in the shadows. She felt courage and fury flow through her veins.

“Would you like it to be, Headmaster?”

The chair quickly whirled around. Cold grey scathing eyes  framed by a wrinkled, sharp angled faced her. “Miss Jung, how nice to see you here,” the voice replied, dripping with sarcasm.

She immediately aimed the gun in her hand and cocked it.

“Why, Miss Jung, perhaps you know it’s school policy that students are not allowed to own weapons.” His voice suddenly went cold, laced with shock.

“Perhaps I should remind you, headmaster, we are not at school,” Jihye said.

He stood up. “Give me the gun, Jihye.”

“N-no.” Her voice wavered. She cleared and her chin up. “Tell me why you’ve been kidnapping everyone.”

“Orders. Now I suggest you follow my order and hand over that gun over.”

“Let us go!” Jihye demanded.

Headmaster Shin lunged forward, fury in his eyes. In panic, Jihye dodged and pulled the trigger.

*BANG*

Immediately Jihye was thrown back by the recoil. Tiffany appeared by her side and pulled the gun out of her hands.

“Did I?” Jihye whispered as Tiffany pulled out a glove and put it on. She tried to sit up, but found herself shaking too much. She could only see the desk from her position from the floor.

“Yes.” Tiffany’s face was grim as she pulled out a silk handkerchief and rubbed the gun clean while holding it with the glove. “We must hurry, everyone will have heard the gunshot.”

“What are we going to do?” Jihye whispered.

Tiffany looked at her, then smiled. “I hope you all enjoy flying.”

*

Yunho felt his heartbeat throbbing through his body as he raced against time. His feet smacked the pavement as he rushed toward the falling figure.

His arms complained as her body made contact against his chest, but relief cleared his mind as he felt Soo-yeon’s body in his hands.

“Soo-yeon!” He laid her gently on the ground. Her eyes were closed. “Soo-yeon!” He shook her body.

She opened her eyes. “Yunho,” she whispered.

Yunho felt his cheeks get wet. “Why?” He asked back in a whisper, as if Soo-yeon would cringe if he spoke any louder. “Why did you take that bullet for me?”

She smiled. “Because that bullet was truly not for you.” She lifted up a shaky hand and brushed away the tears from his cheeks. Her form began to shimmer and become more transparent.

Yunho’s eyes widened in horror. “W-what?”

“I’m dying, Yunho. I’m,” she took in a heaving breath. “I’m sorry I never gave you the chance you were supposed to have.”

“What chance?”

She smiled. “Oh, you still do not understand. Come closer.”

He leaned in, and as she sat up, he felt her hot breath on his face. His heart began to beat faster. He closed her eyes as she came closer.

Her lips on his were electrifying, as if she was passing on life’s fire to him.

Good bye, Yunho. I hope we meet again.

[A/N] So was that long enough for you guys? :P

So I figured you know what, I'm not writing for all of you anyway, I'm writing for myself. Like most authors should, right? But you guys need to thank BornConfused anyway, because if it were not for her, this would haven't been written in a week/2 weeks. So thank you for commenting! If you guys want the chapters sooner, COMMENT. It's not my fault for leaving cliff hangers :P

But seriously though, if you guys comment, I promise the next chapter will be out by next week. Deal?

Besides you want to finish this before holiday season so you can have fun with family and friends without worrying about this updating, right? -winks-

See ya guys next time!