Accomplice

The Demon Wears Glasses

 

The timer went off in the kitchen. Soon, Soo-yeon walked in, slipping on oven mitts. She turned off the oven and took out the tray of chocolate chip cookies, placing it on a cooling rack. Once the tray was completely balanced, she took off her oven mitts and checked her watch. “Any minute now…” she muttered.

At that moment, the doorbell rang. Soo-yeon sighed, and walked out of the kitchen.

“Hello, Stephanie,” she said as she opened the door.

The girl in front of her sniffed. “How did you know it was me?” She wiped her tear-stained cheeks underneath her cat-eye glasses and tucked a strand of her brown, shoulder length hair behind her ear.

“Because only you would be crazy enough to walk over to my apartment in the rain. Come on in.”

Stephanie nodded and stepped inside. She sniffed once more. “Do I smell chocolate chip cookies?” She said, desire creeping into her voice.

“I made them since you were coming. Take off your wet things and come into the kitchen,” Soo-yeon replied over her shoulder.

Stephanie shook her head as she exchanged her wet boots for slippers. “So how did you know I was coming?” she called.

“Now, Stephanie dear, Soo-yeon knows everything. Besides, we’re practically like sisters. If I didn’t know what was going on with you, you would be insulted."

Stephanie sighed as she took off her coat. “Well, I suppose that’s true.”

“I’m also paying you back for last time when you brought me wagashi and surprisingly let me have most of it.” Soo-yeon took some cookies off the tray with a spatula and put them on a plate. “Don’t touch them just yet, they're still not cool.”

“Well, last time was also the first time you were depressed. And this is what? My third time?”

“Fourth actually.” Soo-yeon took out the milk carton and a wide glass.

Stephanie sighed again. “I honestly don’t know how you do it, Soo-yeon.”

“Actually you do.” Soo-yeon poured the milk and handed the glass.

“Thanks.” Stephanie took a sip. “So how do you like Seoul so far?”

Soo-yeon’s eyebrow twitched at the change of the subject, but decided not to comment. “It's pretty good. It’s not like home but it could become a close second. You need a place to stay now, right?”

“Yeah. Do you mind though?” Stephanie glanced at the doorway. “I already brought my suitcase.

“Nah. I have an extra room, if you don’t mind sharing the rent.”

“It’s better than my place, honestly.” Stephanie took the cookie and bit into it. “So, do you still think about him?”

“Nah. Only when you mention it.” Soo-yeon leaned against the counter. “You know, there was a guy in economics class today who gave me this searching look when the professor announced that someone had gotten a perfect score. It’s like he knows.”

Stephanie snorted. “Of course he knows. You always get perfect scores. He probably heard about you and your perfectionism.”

“No, there’s no way he knows that. I’ve only been here for two weeks, and it was my first test out of all my classes. But I’m not talking about him knowing that I had the perfect score. It was kind of obvious by the way I wasn’t paying attention. But it’s like he knows…”

“Stop.” Stephanie grabbed Soo-yeon’s arm. “Repeat after me. Anyone who is not related to me by blood or not under oath does not know the secret.”

“Anyone who is not related to me by blood or not under oath does not know the secret.”

“Good.” Stephanie released her grip. “He can’t possibly know unless you or I tell him. We both haven't told a soul since...you know.”

Soo-yeon sighed. “You’re right.”

“I know I'm right. For some reason whenever I'm around you, your calm and righteousness leaks into me." Stephanie ignored Soo-yeon's snort and took another cookie. "Do you think you’re up to going out tonight? I need something to distract me, besides eating.”

Soo-yeon smiled. “Well, I haven’t gone out in a while…”

 

[A/N] Hi guys! Thank you so much for taking interest into this story. Honestly, I didn't expect a response at all.

I know I did a switching of POVs last chapter, but I didn't for this one just because I wanted to get Stephanie into the picture and just let her take the whole scene. But don't worry, Yunho's will be coming soon, especially since this chapter was short.

Thank you for all of your support! I'll try not to write too much as an author throughout the story, so if you have any questions feel free to comment. 

Thanks again! See y'all soon!