Execution pt. 1

The Demon Wears Glasses

Yunho walked into the warehouse, his holster as he looked around warily.

“Director Jung?” A husky voice framed the question.

He turned to find a person covered all in black, who clearly had his or her back to him. “Yes?”

“You came.” The person turned. In the front, the person was concealed as much as in the back. The only things were revealed were thin legs, outlined by close-fitting pants, and blue eyes that shown out in the slit of the face mask. A loose jacket concealed the person’s silhouette. 

“Why did you want me here?”

“Your sister could have died in twenty-four hours if you hadn’t.”

Fury rose up Yunho’s throat. “You’re holding my sister hostage?!”

“If that was true, wouldn’t you think the email would have mentioned that she would be killed if you wouldn’t come?” The person adjusted her jacket sleeve. “I like to give people choices in life, Director Jung. Unlike the people who have kidnapped your sister.”

“Why didn’t I hear about this?” How does that person’s mask not muffle his voice?

“She was only taken in a week ago. The school only does monthly reports, which you may have noticed, are unreliable on arriving on time.”

“They were the best school in the country-“

“Which is why it has become corrupted. Come, Director Jung. I will explain as we prepare. We don’t have much time.” The person started walking through the building.

Yunho followed. “Corrupted?”

“A group of men, who are part of the board of trustees of your sister’s school, decided to use the school for their own purposes.”

“What sort of purposes?”

“Money, of course.”

“Who are these people?”

“People you know, Director Jung. People you may know very well.”

“What am I going to do?”

The person made a very sinister smile. “You will be helping me take them down, Director Jung.”

*

“Gate 87 to San Francisco is now boarding.”

Soo-jung got up and joined the line that was forming at the gate. At that moment, her cell phone rang.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Soo-jung, are you getting on right now?”

“Yup, Stephanie unnie. I’m already in line to get onto the plane.”

“Good. Do you have everything?”

“Yup. I checked in my luggage-“

“I mean, what your sister gave you.”

“Yes.” She the key on her neck.

“Do not lose it, okay? It may be our only hope.”

“I know unnie.” Soo-jung gulped as she remembered Soo-yeon’s words. “I know.”

“Good. Have a safe trip, okay?”

“Thanks, unnie. Bye.”

[A/N] This is all I need to say to school: NOPE.

I know, short chapter again, but I’m trying to keep it from going static. Bear with me.