Confrontations in Reflections

The Demon Wears Glasses

Co“Hi Yunho oppa.” The girl smiled sadly, giving up a not-so-subtle glance at the clock on the wall.

He pulled up the chair across from her. “I’m so sorry I’m a bit late,” he said, panting. “I saw a person I needed to see and just lost track of time-“

“It’s okay.” She folded the napkin in her hands. “I know you’re an important person now, and having to run through duties and that. Appa did warn me about that.”

Yunho blinked. “How much has he told you?”

She bowed her head. “Not very much. You know how he thinks girls shouldn’t be involved with business, and that I’m still young. But it’s okay. I don’t think I want to be involved in the business industry anyway. That’s why he has you.”

Yunho blinked. It was unlike her to be this composed. “Uh-“

“I already ordered the drinks. I hope you don’t mind.”

He scanned her face. Although she kept a cool expression, he knew that she didn’t call him to meet her at a café when she knew no business associate from Jung Fortune would be available just to have smoothies. “Jihye-“

She looked at him with pleading eyes. “Please don’t send me back to school,” she begged. “It’s absolutely torture there. Appa and Mother won’t listen to me.”

He lifted an eyebrow. “I thought you said you liked your school. You were gushing about it the last time you came home.”

“But that was last time!” Jihye cried out. “Did you hear me praise at all this time since I came back for Umma’s anniversary?”

“And why didn’t you?”

She sighed. “We got a new headmaster, remember?”

“Right…” Yunho gestured her to continue.

She sighed again. “It’s really complicated. But can I not just be sent back?”

“You know it’s not my decision to make.”

“Please!”

Yunho noted the desperation in her voice. She has never whined before.

“Why don’t you tell me why you can’t go back?” He said, leaning forward on the table.

She bit her lip. “Will you do something about it?”

“Everything in my power.”

Please, trust me, dongseng…

*

Jessica walked into the nightclub, her clutch in her left hand. She wore a metallic grey silk dress that shimmered as she walking, giving off silver highlights on her figure that moved back and forth.

“Do you have a group?” The waitress asked.

“Yes. White Hall Happy Hour.”

The waitress nodded. “Please follow me.”

As Jessica went up the steps behind the waitress, she glanced around the club. This is so much larger…yet somewhat less sophisticated than…

The memory of her brushing off Yunho flashed before her eyes. Had I made the right decision?

The waitress stopped in front of a door and bowed.

“Thank you.” Jessica gave a small bow and walked in.

The private bar room was already packed. The DJ was playing some beats in the corner as people mingled around the room. She spotted some familiar faces but no one she really knew.

“Jessica.”

She turned to see Donghae approach her. She discreetly scanned him head to toe.  Funny, seeing him doesn’t make me feel anything drastic like I thought it would be. “Donghae,” she replied back in the same cool manner.

“How have you been doing?”

“Fine. You?”

“Fine.”

They stood there awkwardly for a few seconds.

“You’re still doing the different personas huh,” Donghae said, raising an eyebrow. “Jessica.”

Jessica lifted her chin. “Just because my troubles disappeared from your world when you left me doesn’t mean they did the same for me.”

“Does Yunho know?”

“What?” Jessica’s eyes widened. “Why does Yunho need to know?”

Donghae shrugged. “He has been running into you a lot lately.”

“And you think you know about this because…?”

“Well I am one of his best friends. It’s not like he wouldn’t talk about this with me.”

“Why is he talking about me with you? I’m not that important in his life.”

“That’s what you think,” Donghae said quietly.

“Oh, I see. Because seeing me gives you too much pain, you get your friend to keep tabs on me so you can stay happy that I’m not seeing someone.”

“I never said that!”

“It’s quite obvious that you meant it!” Jessica snapped.

Some heads turned around at Jessica’s tone.

Donghae shook his head at them, and the onlookers went back to their business. “I don’t care if you’re seeing someone. Yunho’s business has nothing to do with him besides that he’s my best friend and I care about him.”

“I don’t see why this is important for me to know, but thanks for telling me,” Jessica replied coldly. “Now if you’ll excuse me.”

Donghae stood there as she walked past him, musing about their conversation. Then he gave a little chuckle. “Ahh, her fury still makes her dense,” he said to himself, shaking his head in amusement. He looked around. Where’s Yunho?

Jessica walked away until she felt herself calm down. She took a deep breath and examined her surroundings. The bar on her left was crowded. There was the dance floor on her right, but she wasn’t feeling the solo vibe.

She took out her phone. “Can you come? It’s as bad as I thought it would be,” she texted.

After a while, her screen lit up. “Sure. Let me just channel Tiffany out. I’ll be right over.”

*

Yunho Jung stepped out of his car, closing the door to the driver seat as he gazed outside. The club scene at night was always filled with people and light. Sometimes, though, it does get tiring…

“Excuse me?” Yunho turned. A woman whose brown hair somewhat gleamed under the occasional streetlights stood in front of him. “Would you possibly know which club White Hall Happy Hour is meeting in?” She asked, a hint of huskiness in her voice.

Yunho scrutinized her again. “If you would like, I can take you since I’m also going there.”

A grateful smile crossed her face. “That would be great, thank you.”

He opened the door to the club for her. “Are you a new employee? I don’t think I have ever seen you around before.” Although all new employees should have received the details in their invitations.

The woman shook her head as she walked through. “My friend actually works there. She only gave me the address. I’m a bit worried…it’s not like her to be so absent-minded. But she called me to come so she wouldn’t be alone. She’s not really the sociable type. Usually she’ll only venture to talk and hang out with people she knows or has seen before.”

“I see.” Yunho started walking up the steps, making sure the woman was still following him.

“Sorry that I ramble a lot.”

“It’s fine.” He smiled at her.

She seemed surprised. “So how did you get to work at White Hall?”

“I was interested in business, so I got hired and developed a great relationship with my mentor. We had some rocky times, but he ultimately made it worthwhile to stay here.”

“How long have you been working at White Hall?”

“A long time. I’ve lost track.”

“Funny. You don’t look old.”

Yunho turned. “What’s your name?”

“Tiffany. And you?”

“Yunho.” He turned and opened a door. “We’re here.”

When he looked back, he saw that Tiffany’s eyes had widened. He gave a friendly smile. “It’s not as scary as it looks, although it’s pretty crowded.”

She shook her head. “Sorry, I’m being an idiot. Thank you for bringing me here, Yunho.”

“You’re welcome. Good luck on finding your friend.”

Tiffany smiled, then started weaving her way through the crowd. Immediately the sight of Yunho disappeared as she searched for a blond head wearing a silver tinted dress.

“Tiffany?”

She whirled around. “Jessica!”

“You’re finally here!” The blonde grasped her arms excitedly. “I thought you had gotten lost!”

“I almost did but the guy over there helped me. What’s his name? Yunho.” The brunette waved her hand to indicate a general direction.

Jessica stiffened. “Yunho?”

“That’s what he said.” Tiffany studied her friend. “Is he that classmate of yours?”

Jessica looked, just as Yunho turned. Their eyes met.

Interesting.

[A/N] IT’S FINALS WEEK! You know what that means…SCHOOL IS ALMOST OVER!

If this half of the A/N sounds SUPER EXCITED it’s because I am and I just came back from an audition that I think went really well. Like at least I played the best I thought I could play. If that’s not good enough for their standards, that’s okay. (BUT THEY SAID MY SIGHT-READING WAS AWESOME ASDJKJSDLFJLSDF)

Sorry if this is annoying. If you guys want me to not post A/Ns like I did in the beginning of the story because it’s distracting, I will.

Note I said this half because I think I’ll write this in two days when I have more time. –sigh-

HELLO FUTURE ME! –waves-

…hello past me >.<

Man that was a long chapter! What did you guys think before you learned that Yunho’s appointment was his sister? :P

Sorry I just started writing and I couldn’t resist XD

Hmm I wonder how Donghae knows Soo-yeon’s secret…:P

See y’all next time!