Chapter 5 (JUNSU'S POV)

Timeless Love (aka Choosing Love or Eternal)

JUNSU’S POV

     “No, I’m sorry. I made you drop your food.” I replied, still surprised to see that it was the girl from the frozen desserts shop.

She bent to pick it up her ruined noodles and throw them away. I felt embarrassed. I hadn’t been paying attention and now she had no food.

“It’s alright, I’ve got more.” She held up a bag with two other containers in it.

Oh, good… Then I pointed at her. “Hey… You’re the smoothie girl, right?”

Even without the smoothie-covered face, I recognized her. She looked even prettier when she was clean…

She blushed and looked away, nodding. “Ya, I’m the smoothie girl…”

“You didn’t get in trouble or anything that day, did you?” I asked.

I had worried about her the rest of that day.

She shook her head. “No, thanks to you I got it all cleaned up before anyone came back. I don’t think I properly thanked you for helping me that day. If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t have been able to turn those machines off in time.”

I shrugged. “It was nothing. And I don’t think it was right for you to have been working by yourself like that. I was glad to help.”

She smiled and I found that I really liked her smile... “Well, thank you very much. You saved my job. Although I did have to spend the rest of the day soaked in ice cream…but it wasn’t all that bad.”

I laughed. As sorry as I felt for her, that seemed kinda funny. “You did? Aw that’s too bad.”

She laughed too, but I didn’t think she actually thought it was that funny. Then my phone vibrated inside my pocket. I retrieved it and saw a text from Yoochun.

Where are you? You’re late…

I sighed. I had to go—again. “Well, it was nice seeing you again.” I said, waving and starting to walk backwards. “Maybe I’ll stop by for another smoothie sometime.”

She nodded. “Ya, that’d be cool.”

For the first time I wondered if she knew who I was. I mean, who I really was. Not just some guy who helped her out. But the Xiah Junsu from TVXQ. If she did, she didn’t really act very much like it. I waved again and finally left.

Then I heard her call after me, “Congratulations on your new single!”

I smiled, but didn’t turn around. So she did know…

     I had to meet up with the guys at a club. We had the night off and wanted to do something fun together, so… They questioned me as to why I was a bit late. I told them I decided to walk because I needed the extra exercise, but that answer didn’t satisfy them, so I explained how I’d bumped into the smoothie girl. Then I kicked myself for not getting her name.

“You mean you still don’t know her name?” Yunho asked.

I shrugged. “I guess I forgot to ask…”

Yunho shook his head at me. “You’ve gotta ask next time. You can’t just keep calling her “smoothie-girl”. I’m surprised she wasn’t offended!”

I suddenly hoped that there would be a next time.

“You like her, don’t you?” Yoochun observed.

I looked at him quickly. “Yah! What are you talking about? I don’t even know her! My first impression of her is being showered in…smoothie…junk! How could I like her?”

Yoochun shrugged. “I don’t know, but you do. I can tell.”

I rolled my eyes. One downside to living with these guys is that you get to know each other too well. But I guess that’s what makes us so close.

“So will you get us more smoothies tomorrow?” Changmin asked. “I really want another smoothie.”

I pushed him. “Changmin, get over those stupid smoothies!”

He pouted, but I ignored him.

“So are you going to go back?” Jaejoong questioned. “To see her?”

“No!” I said. “I’m not going to a smoothie shop to see a girl I don’t know. Don’t you think that would be kind of stalker-ish?”

“Not if she likes you back…” Jaejoong answered mysteriously, then walked away.