Chapter 37 (ARA'S POV)

Timeless Love (aka Choosing Love or Eternal)

ARA’S POV

     I know what he said was supposed to make me feel special, but I only felt more awkward. Only certain people could get in… Which meant celebrities and rich people. I knew instantly that I wouldn’t fit in. I started questioning why I had agreed to this, but when I looked over at Junsu, I knew why. I just wanted to be with him and I didn’t care where that took me. If he was there, it would all be worth it. He wanted to include me in his life and make me a part of it, so I would just have to try my best to blend in.

     At the club, Junsu stopped the car and got out. A valley accepted his keys and took it around to the parking lot. I watch the car leave. If I had a car as nice as that, I would never be able to trust it to some stranger like that… I glanced up at the building. It tower high above me, but I knew the club didn’t occupy all of it, so I wondered what else was in there. I could hear the music thumping inside at a fast and steady beat and lots of people talking and laughing all at once. Then I looked at Junsu. He was holding out his arm for me expectantly. I smile and hooked my arm with his and escorted me inside. I took a deep breath as if I were about to plunge underwater. Here goes nothing

     Inside, the volume of the music shot up and I felt like I had step into a whole nother world. Lights flashed and Junsu pulled me through a huge crowd of people. I just kept my head down and clung to his arm. I had almost lost track of where we were when we finally reached our destination. Junsu introduced me to a few people. EunHyuk from Super Junior and a few of their other member. And a couple girls from SNSD. BoA was also there. EunHyuk leaned forward to shake my hand, smiling at me in approval. He said something, but I didn’t hear it. Whatever it was, it must’ve been something good because it made Junsu smile. Junsu told me later that he had something about the two of us looking good together. And Junsu had been right, Yunho was there too and he flashed me a familiar smile that made me feel a little better.

“Don’t be shy.” He leaned close and whispered to me. “It’s ok.”

I looked all around me. I could hardly believe I was really in a place like this! It looked so cool from the inside! I felt important being known as Junsu’s girlfriend and everyone was really nice to me. I slowly started to feel my inhibitions melt away and my face gradually faded into a genuine smile. Everything was going to be fine and I was determined to have a good time.

     After we stood around talking for a while (which means, they talk and I just stood there and listened), I felt Junsu’s hand touch my elbow.

“Are you thirsty?”

I looked up at him and nodded, just so it would give us something to do. He took me over to a bar and we order our drinks and sat down on the stools. I looked out at all the people. Now that I was a little more used to the environment, there suddenly didn’t seem to be as many people there as before. I sighed and let my shoulders relax.

“This place is pretty cool, huh?” Junsu asked me, taking a sip of his drink.

I smiled at him and nodded. “I’ve always wanted to go to a club before, but never really had anyone to go with.”

He spread his arms and smiled. “Well, now you have me.”

I leaned forward to hug him, resting my head on his chest. It must’ve been unexpected, but because he froze before he wrapped his arms around me, kissing the top of my head. Then I leaned back with a coy smile and he watched my face carefully, trying to guess what I would say next.

“I wanna see you dance.” I said.

His expression changed. “What?”

I motioned to the dance floor. “Go dance for me. I want to watch you. I’ve seen you dance on stage and on TV, but never in person…right in front of me. You’re a really good dancer and I want you to dance tonight. For me.”

His eyebrows stayed raised. “Here? Now?”

I nodded. “Ya. Don’t you think you can?” I challenged—and it had the right effect on him.

He grinned smugly. “Of course I can.” He stood up from the stool and grabbed my hand.

I stopped at the edge of the dance floor, but he continued all the way to the middle. Then the song changed. Go for it, Junsu. The moment Junsu started dancing, the middle of the dance floor cleared to make room for him and everyone watched, cheering him on. I just crossed my arms and smiled. He looked so cool! And he was doing this for me… I wanted to say to everyone, “That’s my boyfriend.” I moved the front of the crowd watching him and his eye stayed on me as much as they could. At one point, he danced up to me and I blushed bright red. As he moved back, I put my hands to my cheeks, but I knew everyone had already seen me. I ped my hoodie. It suddenly felt ten times hotter inside the club. Junsu ended his dance pointing directly as me, giving no doubt that it had been dedicated to me. I giggled like a little girl and walked up to him.

“That was pretty good.” I compliment as he wrapped his arms around me, holding me so close that our noses were almost touch.

“Thanks.” He replied modestly.