Chapter 38 (JUNSU'S AND ARA'S POV)

Timeless Love (aka Choosing Love or Eternal)

JUNSU’S POV

     “Ya. Don’t you think you can?” Ara said to me.

She was challenging me to make me feel like I had to prove something to her. It worked. I was suddenly less worried about being self-conscious.

“Of course I can.” I got off of the stool and took her hand, pulling her to the dance floor with me, our drinks forgotten and left behind.

She pulled her hand away and I left her at the edge of the dance floor to find an empty space in the middle. I was glad when the song change because it was a song I really liked. I caught the look she gave me and it spurred me on. I put all of my heart into my dancing, doing my best for her. When I looked at her again, she looked impressed. She smiled and I knew she was proud of me, which made me feel a lot better than I expected. I knew why she had asked me do this for her. She had mentioned me dancing on stage and on TV—that wasn’t just for her, if was for the fans. She was a fan too, but she didn’t want to be lumped in the same category as every other girl anymore. She wanted something special and I wanted to give it to her. When I spun, I used her to spot. She didn’t cheer like everyone else, but every time I looked at her, her eyes were encouraging me. I dance up to her, just to make her blush. And I finished, pointing straight at her so that she would know that that had been only for her and no one else. Everyone clapped for me, but I didn’t notice. All I really saw was Ara coming towards me and I wanted to wrap her in my arms.

“That was pretty good.” She said to me.

I tipped my head a little. “Thanks.” She was no longer the fidgety scared-looking girl that had been sitting quietly in my car. She was my girl and it felt so good to be so close to her. Like we belonged that way.

She stood on tip-toes and took my head in her hands to bend it down so she could kiss my forehead. “Thank you.” She said softly.

I embraced her and kissed her lips—right there in front of everyone. A few wolf-whistles caught my ears, but I didn’t care. When I pulled back, Ara looked completely stunned. Then her knees buckled and I caught her. She looked so embarrassed that I wanted to kiss her again—but I didn’t. I laughed lightly when she regained her footing.

“What was that for?” She asked breathlessly.

I shrugged. “I don’t know, because…” I looked straight into her eyes. “You take my breath away.”

Her face only grew redder and I smiled and leaned my forehead against hers. So was what falling love felt like…

ARA’S POV

     I hadn’t expected for him to kiss me back—not on the lips. My heart skipped a beat I felt dizzy. When my legs suddenly gave out, he caught me. I blushed and wanted to hide myself. Am I going to lose control like this every time he kisses me? His laughter reminded me that he thought I was cute when I was embarrassed.

“What was that for?” I somehow managed to ask.

He shrugged. “I don’t know, because…” He searched for the right words to say. “You take my breath away.”

His words made heart stop again and I was sure I was going to have a heart attack. My face grew very hot and I wondered if he noticed. He leaned his forehead against mine and I closed my eyes. I wished the moment could go on until infinity. This was amazing. I never imagined anyone could love me this much. Then the moment ended and Junsu backed away.

He bowed to me and asked, “Can I have this dance?”

I realized then that the music had slowed down a lot. I grinned and took his hand. He pulled me close like he couldn’t wait to hold me again. He took a breath and both took one step. I faltered then, but he didn’t seem to care as he caught me and took the lead. He just kept his eyes locked on mine and we let the soft music move us and guide us around the dance floor. I wished the dance would never stop. I felt like a princess dancing with her prince. If I could have another wish, I’d wish for us to be like this forever

     And I wish I could the rest of the night was a wonderful and magical as those moments on the dance floor. But unfortunately, it didn’t last. We danced through that song and into the next one, but when the slow music ended, we stopped. Another walked up and I knew immediately that she was aiming for Junsu.

“Hey.” She said, sauntering up to him, totally oblivious to me. “Wanna dance?”

I frowned at her. I knew her type—it was written all over her. In the way she dressed, her body language, the tone of her voice… She was a rich girl who got all of her money from her daddy. She was gorgeous and she knew and used it to manipulate men. Life was a game to her and she got whatever she wanted whenever she wanted it. Jealously boiled up within me. How dare she approach my boyfriend? Was she blind?