Chapter 29 (JUNSU'S POV)

Timeless Love (aka Choosing Love or Eternal)

JUNSU’S POV

     I wanted so much not to leave, but she was right. We couldn’t let the fans find out about our relationship, at least not yet. So I allowed myself one look back—I didn’t care if anyone saw me looking at her. I knew she wanted to come with me, but instead she just stood there. Finally, I had to turn and run with the others. I thought that maybe once they understood that we were trying to get away, the fans would leave us alone. No such luck. They continued following us and screaming out our names. We ran all the way out of Lotte World.

When we veered away from the parking lot, I asked, “What about our cars?”

Changmin shook his head. “We shouldn’t. By the time we get them unlocked, get in them, and get them started… We might run over someone or just be stuck there in our cars.”

So we kept running.

“This way!” Yunho grabbed Jaejoong and Yoochun, and I Changmin followed them.

We ducked into an alley between a business and a home and jumped behind a big dumpster. We huddled together and held our breaths. The screams past us and faded out. Finally, we let out our breath in relief.

“Yes!” Jaejoong whispered.

“Good thinking.” Changmin patted Yunho’s back.

Yunho just nodded, catching his breath.

“Do you think it’s safe to go back to our cars now?” I panted.

The others nodded.

Yoochun stood up. “Let’s go.”

     By then the rain had soaked our hair and shoulders and backs. But at least it had stopped, so walking back, we had the chance to dry off before getting in the cars. Jaejoong piled into Yunho’s car, but I didn’t get in when Yoochun opened the door of his car.

“Wait, what about Ara? We have to go back for her.”

“You think she’ll still be there?” Changmin asked, holding the door open to talk to me.

I shrugged. “She may have waited for me.” I hoped.

I wanted to see her. I wanted to make sure she was ok—although I had no doubt that she was.

Yunho rolled down his window. “You sure about that? She knew enough not to come with us in the first place. That was smart. I don’t think she’d risk this happening again by making you go back to get her.”

My shoulders drooped. But I want to… “Can’t we at least look for her? Maybe she went somewhere else, but is still here.” I motioned toward the Lotte World entrance. “Maybe she’ll answer a text…” I started to pull out my phone.

“No, wait, look!” Yoochun stood up out of his car to point at the windshield.

My eyes followed the direction of his finger and saw a wet piece of paper plastered to the windshield. I leaned over to look at it. It was a note. Carefully I lifted it off the glass, only tearing one corner.

Junsu,

     Don’t forget to call me. I’ll see you soon…

   Love you ❤

                  Ara

“We never got to try on couple t-shirts…” I whined quietly to myself.

“Huh?” Changmin leaned closer to hear.

I shook my head. “Nothing, let’s go. I’ll call her when we get back home.”