Chapter 30 (ARA'S POV)

Timeless Love (aka Choosing Love or Eternal)

ARA’S POV

     I waited by my phone, not really sure what’d I’d say when he called, or how I felt at the moment. Maybe he wouldn’t even call me. He loves you. I had to remind myself. But then a tiny voice way in the back of my head said, Only because I wished for him to… When my phone rang, I just. Had I almost fallen asleep? What time was it?

I grabbed my phone, took a quick glance at the number that was calling me, and then answered. “Junsu?”

There was a full minute of silence. “I’m sorry, Ara.”

He sounded so incredibly regretful… Oh God, no, please don’t break up with me! I’ll endure a million scream fans chasing you, just don’t dump me!

“It’s ok.” I was quick to answer. “Really. It’s not your fault. I can deal with it.”

“But you should have to.” He replied. “I don’t want you to have to… I just want us to be together as a normal couple.” Me too. I thought, but I didn’t say it out loud. “Maybe…”

I shook my head. Don’t say it. I think actual tears came to my eyes, but I was too concentrated on his voice to notice.

“Maybe you’re right. About not making our relationship public. That would just make everything crazier.”

I nodded, even though I knew he couldn’t see me. “Ya…”

I felt relieved. He didn’t want to break up. He just felt bad about what happened. I smiled.

“Are you ok?”

I could hear that my question made him feel better when he answered. “Yes. It’s never been that hard to get away from fans before…”

“How did you do it?” I leaned back, glad to be having a real conversation, instead all of this apologizing and feeling bad about things.

Junsu chuckled. “We hid behind a dumpster.”

I giggled. “You did?! Now, Junsu, what would your fans think of you squatting behind a big, stinky trash can?”

We laughed and I thought of how great it was that we could go from feeling bad about our relationship to laughing and being happy together.

“Hey, Ara?”

“Ya?” I looked up as if he were in the room with me.

“I have to go now, but promise me something?”

I smiled softly. “Anything.”

“That we’ll try going shopping together again sometime?” His voice sounded hopeful ad smiley.

“Of course.”

“Thanks. Love you.”

Something deep in my stomach fluttered when he said that and I closed my eyes. “I love you too.”

Then he hung up. I fell back on my bed and let go of the phone. I let out a big sigh. I can live with the craziness as long as I know he loves me.

     It was perfect. My teacher had assigned for us to pick a subject for our next piece of art. Something personal that meant a lot to us. Something we could draw a lot of creativity and feeling from. The kind of thing every real artist should try to create. I smile as I read the random text from Junsu while I walked home from school.

How is your day? ♥

How had he become the most important thing in my life? In any case, he would be the perfect subject for my assignment. I texted him back.

Great, now that I’ve heard from you JAre you busy today?

I crossed my fingers as his reply came.

Ya, a little bit, why? I’ll have some free time soon, though. You want to get together?

I shrugged to myself. I didn’t have to really start the project today. Our teacher had given us plenty of time to finish, and we had to run our subjects by her first anyway. But I still wanted to see him.

Yes. When and where?

I stopped walking while I waited for his reply, in case the meeting place was in the opposite direction of home.

Soon. I’ll meet you there. Do you remember how to get to our apartment? There’s a café near it called, Cozy’s.

I looked around. Which way to the apartment? Same direction as the dorms. So I texted back,

Alright, see you there

X O X O X O

And continued walking.