Chapter 11 (JUNSU'S POV)

Timeless Love (aka Choosing Love or Eternal)

JUNSU’S POV

     I thought it wouldn’t be a problem. When I first picked her up, she was so surprisingly light. I felt like I could carry her to the end of the world. But I was wrong. About halfway there, as she was giving me directions, I felt her weight starting to bear down on me. I tried shifting her position on my back, but that only made it worse. My arms even started to trembled after a while.

“I feel heavy, don’t I?” She asked.

I shook my head. I couldn’t let her know that I was tired.

“No, of course not. You’re as light as a feather. You could gain 30 more pounds and I wouldn’t even notice.”

She giggled, which made me feel better. “I don’t believe you, but thank you for saying so anyway. Would it help if I kept your mind off of how heavy I am?”

I just nodded because I had run out of arguments as to why she wasn’t too heavy for me.

“Okay…how about I sing you a song? My voice isn’t half as good as yours, but at least I can sing better than I can dance.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

She laughed—I think at herself. “You haven’t seen me dance. I’m not so good. But anyway, what song should I sing?”

“What song do you want to sing?”

“I dunno… I’m good at singing your song, Begin.”

“Ok, go for it.”

She cleared and I could feel her take in a deep breath before she started.

“Nakitai toki wa nakeba ii kara, nee muri wa shinaide,” She started to sing. “Namida karetara egao ga hiraku, hora, mou waratteru.” She was right; it did take my mind off of her weight in my arms. “Tomadou no wa mirai ga aru kara, Mabushisa ni makenai yuuki ga hoshii.”

I was carried away by her voice, but not because it sounded good—I’ve certainly heard better, more talented voices. But because I could tell she was enjoying it. I could tell she was happy. She sang with all her feelings and all her heart. And she was singing just for me. Nobody had ever done that for me before…
“Every day, and night, with you, Chiisana kimi no te wo nigiri shimeru kara.” I wanted to close my eyes. I wanted to hear her forever, even if her voice wasn’t strong. “Every day, every night, everywhere, Tsunagaru kanshoku wo zutto tashikameyou, Ima, monogatari wa Begin.”

She stopped and it was too soon. I wanted her to go on.

“Sing more.” I asked her.

“Oh, ok…ahem… Hitomi sorae saketeru tsumori? Demo boku wa suki da yo.” I have to admit, I wouldn’t have advised her to become a singer, but it was beautiful to me because she was sing just for me. A special song only for my ears. “Hanarete itemo wakachiau mono, sou omoi ga areba.” Because it touched my heart. “Kinou ni mada "sayonara" iezu ni, Kusugutteru jikan wa munashii dake sa.” Her voice cracked and I felt her cringe against my back, but I didn’t mind because she didn’t stop because of it. “Every day and night with you, Samenai binetsu dake moteamashi nagara. Every day, every night, everywhere, Futari no kantaku wo motto kasane you, Ima, kimi to boku wa Begin.”

She stopped again, clearing a third time. “I don’t sound as good and I’d like to, but that’s ok. My passion lies in drawing, not singing.”

I smiled. “It was amazing. I liked it a lot.”

“Really? Good, then can you put me down? We’re here.”

I looked up at the girl’s dorm build. Already? Suddenly I really wanted to spend more time with her.

“You’re not allowed to go inside,” She said when I made no move to let her go. “So you’re gonna have to let me walk on my own.”

“Ok…” I set her down as gently as I could and then turned to face her. “Thank you for buying me food. I had fun at the playground.”

She nodded, looking so happy. “Ya, me too, and you’re welcome. Thank you for the ride…both the car and the…piggy back…”

I smiled and nodded as well. “No problem, anytime. Hopefully I’ll see you again sometime soon.”

“Ya, hopefully… Well, um, goodnight.” She waved and turned away.

“Goodnight.” I repeated, and watched her limp inside until I couldn’t see her anymore. Then I started my walk back to my car.