Chapter 32 (ARA'S POV)

Timeless Love (aka Choosing Love or Eternal)

ARA’S POV

     I was taking to a place where it would be quiet and peaceful. Someplace special where we could be alone.

“You’d better not get me lost.” He joked.

I chuckled, but part of my dearly hoped I wasn’t wrong. It was still there this far in the past, right? I just smiled to cover up my worry and continued giving him directions. We finally stopped at an old apartment complex. I got out and lead him inside. I smiled when I saw that the man at the front desk was the same as I remembered him.

“Hi, Mr. Yun-Jae!” I greeted cheerfully.

He smiled back. He remembered me too. “Why, hello little Miss Ara.”

I tilted my head. “No so little anymore.” I spread my arms.

He nodded and his smile grew. “No, you’re right. You’ve grown into quite a beautiful young woman—as I always knew you would.”

I looked away and blushed. In the future, Mr. Yun-Jae had died of old age. It was odd seeing him there, but it also made me happy. He’d been the manager of the apartment building me and my family lived in before we got a house. He’d always given me a piece of candy when I came home from school and was also so nice to my family. He was the sweetest old man I’d ever known and I was glad for a another chance to see him and talk to him. Now, my worries were erased. I’d heard something about the building being demolish, but obviously it was still there.

Mr. Yun-Jae motioned behind me. “And who is this? You didn’t get a little brother I never heard about, did you?”

I blushed away more. “No, Mr. Yun-Jae. This is my boyfriend.”

Mr. Yun-Jae grinned—he’d guessed that Junsu was my boyfriend all along. He reached forward to shake Junsu’s hand.

Junsu bowed. “It’s nice to meet you, sir.”

Mr. Yun-Jae nodded. “You too, young man. I’ve known little Miss Ara ever since she was this high.” He lowered his hand towards his knee. “She was always such a good little girl. You’re lucky to have her.”

Junsu smiled and looked at me. “I know.”

I couldn’t stop blush, so I smiled and then looked away.

“You make sure to take good care of her.” Mr. Yun-Jae insisted.

“Mr. Yun-Jae!” I scolded.

But Junsu nodded seriously. “I will.”

I pulled on Junsu’s arm, then looked at Mr. Yun-Jae and pointed upwards. “Is it still up there?”

Mr. Yun-Jae smiled and nodded. “It sure is, little lady.”

I smiled back and pulled Junsu to the elevator.