Chapter 33 (JUNSU'S POV)

Timeless Love (aka Choosing Love or Eternal)

JUNSU’S POV

     I’d been expecting something more creative than an apartment building, coming from Ara. When I met that had know her as a child, I thought that was the reason. She wanted to show me some of her past. But then she pulled away. Now that were traveling, I really wondered what she was planning to do…And how high she was planning on riding the elevator. We made it all the way to the top and she took my hand again.

“Come on, it’s this way.” She pulled me down the hall to an old door, then up a set of dark, cramped stairs.

A rusty metal door lead back outside and the sight I saw surprised me. We were on the roof, but it didn’t look like a roof at all. I looked all around me in awe. It was beautiful!

“Wah!”

Ara smiled. “I know. It’s amazing isn’t it?”

I just nodded and stared up, craning my neck. All around, all I saw was green. I hadn’t realized before that the glass roof on the apartment building was really a greenhouse. It was full of vibrant, thriving trees and bushes. It looked like an indoor park! I’d never seen anything like it before. I looked back at Ara. She was still smiling at me.

“Do you like it?” She asked.

I nodded vehemently. “Yes!”

She giggled. “I used to live here, and I’d come up here to draw or just be by myself all the time. I’m glad you like it.” She reached over and interlaced her fingers with mine. “Let’s take a little walk.” I followed her, and as we walked, she continued talking. “So my art teacher gave us a new assignment today.”

“Oh ya?”

She nodded. “Uhuh. We have to pick a subject that means a lot to us and make a piece of art based on it. She’s giving us a lot of freedom with this one. She says she wants us to really express ourselves through our work. It’s the first anyone’s ever encouraged me to do that.”

I looked at her. “Really?”

“Mhm. I think this is the best project we’ve had so far. And I want you to be my subject.”

I stopped. “Me?!”

She nodded and held my hand with both on hers as she turned to me. “Yes. Will you do it for me? Please?”

“Of course, if you want me to. Are you sure?”

She nodded. “I’m sure. You’re the thing that means a lot to me and I want to make something of you… Something so we can remember these happy times always.”

I smiled. “That sounds great, Ara. Let’s do it!”

She smiled back and jumped. “Yeah! Let’s do it!”