Chapter 41 (JUNSU'S POV)

Timeless Love (aka Choosing Love or Eternal)

JUNSU’S POV

     I took the long way home to let myself think. Yunho was home before me. He was sitting on the couch when I came in, with a drink in hand. He stood as I walked into the room.

“Did you take Ara home?” He asked me. I just nodded. “Is she ok?”

I opened my mouth to answer, but I wasn’t sure what to say. “I…I don’t know…”

He noted my worried expression. “What was up with her tonight? She seemed…I don’t know…flustered?”

I shook my head and shrugged. “I don’t know. She wouldn’t tell me.”

Yunho passed me to take his cup into the kitchen. He patted my shoulder and shook his head, mumbling, “Women…”

I tried chuckling good-humoredly. “Heh…”

When he came back out, he said to me, “Well, if she’s mad at you, she’ll have plenty of time to get over it. We’ve got a pack schedule next week.”

I groaned as Yunho left the room.No! That’s not what I want! I don’t think it’s me she’s upset with… She doesn’t want time away from me. But there was nothing I could do about it.

     I sat at a table with my hyungs. I was supposed to be eating lunch, but I wasn’t hungry. I had lost my appetite after having to cancel a lunch date with Ara. I just sat there despondently. It had almost been a full week since I’d even seen her. And it was taking her longer and longer to reply to my messages.

“Hyung, are you ok?” Changmin asked with concern.

I rubbed my forehead to make the frown lines go away. Yunho leaned over and whispered an explanation to him.

Then he nodded. “Ohhhhh….. Hyung, are you ok?”

I grinned at Changmin. “I will be. Thanks.”

Then we were called for. Back to work. I sighed and stood up. Yoochun came around the table to place a hand on my shoulder.

“You really miss her, don’t you?”

I looked at him. “More than I thought I could. But the worst part is that I can’t do anything about it.” I motioned towards our manager and all the camera equipment.

Yoochun patted my shoulder twice. “Don’t worry, Junsu. She’ll understand. She loves you.”

I watched him go past me and then followed, hoping desperately that he was right and accidentally leaving my phone behind on the table…