Chapter 22 (JUNSU'S POV)

Timeless Love (aka Choosing Love or Eternal)

“What are you doing?” Yoochun walked in and stared down at me.

“What?” Then I realize that, in my daydreaming, I was hugging myself. “Uh…nothing.” Then I quickly changed the subject. “So, we’re not busy Sunday, right?”

Yoochun shook his head. “No, that’s supposed to be our day off. We were just gonna rest for a while, why?”

“Well, now we have plans—if it’s ok with you guys. We’re going to go somewhere with Ara and her friends.”

“Ah, so we finally get to meet her, huh?” Said Yunho, coming into the room behind Yoochun. “It’s about time. I’ve been trying to imagine what she looks like ever since that smoothie day.”

“Well, now you’ll get to meet her in person. And she wants me to meet her two friends.”

“Hm, so it is getting kind of serious.” Yoochun sat down, trying to seem nonchalant. “Last night must’ve been some night; you got home pretty late—again. What happened?”

“We fell asleep.”

“You slept with her??!” Yunho exclaimed.

Before I could salvage the situation, Jaejoong and Changmin came in at the sound of Yunho’s raised voice.

“Who slept with who?” Jaejoong looked around at us curiously.

“Nobody slept with anybody.” I said.

“Oh, so it was you?” He pointed at me.

“You slept with the smoothie girl?” Changmin asked with raised eyebrows. “Wow, that was fast… I mean, I knew you really liked her, but that much?”

“No!” I held up my hands to stop everyone. “No, I didn’t sleep with her like that! You misunderstood me. I said we fell asleep. We went to watch the National Foundation Day fireworks near the mall and fell asleep there. I guess we were both pretty tired. It was totally an accident and nothing happened.”

Yunho nodded. “Uhuh, sure…” Then he punched my arm. “Not that you wouldn’t have wanted something to happen, right?”

I frowned slightly. “Yunho, please don’t talk about her like that.”

Yunho seemed a bit surprised. “Ok, I’m sorry. I was only joking. You really are in love with this girl, aren’t you?”

I nodded, smiling to myself. I really am in love with her…

“Did you at least kiss her?” Changmin wanted to know.

I shrugged. “Just on the cheek. No big deal. It was only a first date.”

“Anything else happen?” Jaejoong questioned, remembering, “You went to talk to the manager this morning about something, right? What was that about?”

“Oh right, that…” I looked down, not sure how to tell them that Ara was officially my girlfriend. But thinking about it made me smile. Ara…my girlfriend… “Well…as a matter of fact something else did happen last night, and yes, it had something to do with why I talked to the manager today.” They all leaned forward to hear what I would say next. “I…asked her to be my girlfriend.”