Chapter 3 (JUNSU'S POV)

Timeless Love (aka Choosing Love or Eternal)

JUNSU’S POV

     When I got back with the smoothies, everyone forgave me for leaving suddenly. Changmin was the first to finish his—of course (the boy eats like there’s no tomorrow!)

“Mmmm! This is a really good smoothie! Who made it?” He exclaimed.

“This girl at the frozen desserts shop down the street.”

“She did a good job.” He reached into his pocket and pulled out some money, handing it to me. “Will you go get me another one, hyung?”

I pushed his hand away. “No.”

“Pleeeeease.” He gave me a pouty face, but I shook my head.

“No, Changmin, that poor girl is busy enough already. You know, when I got there, a couple of the machines were breaking down and making a mess everywhere. She was all by herself with no one else to help her.”

“They had her working alone?” Jaejoong stopped sipping to ask.

I nodded. “Ya, and it was pretty busy too. She looked too flustered and panicked to know what to do, so I had to turn the machines off for her.”

“I see…” Yoochun looked down at the smoothie stains on my pants and trying not to laugh.

“I wanted to stay and help her, but the manager said I couldn’t.”

“That’s right. Just because your SUMMER single came out today doesn’t mean we have time for a break.” The manager stood up. He had his hand cupped around his smoothie like he was hugged it. “We should get to work now. I do feel sorry for your friend, though…”

I watched him walk out of the room, expecting us to follow. “Well, she’s not exactly my friend…”

“Was she pretty?” Yunho questioned, shoving me with his elbow.

I immediately started to blush, but I didn’t answer. Because even under the melted soft-serve stuff, she really did look very pretty.