Why So Gloomy, Jinyoung?

My Alien Friend From Outer Space!

Author POV

"Come on, Jinyoung. You haven't gotten out of bed all day!" Fredward threw a pillow at Jinyoung's face. "Come on, get up!"

"I don't want to." Jinyoung muttered, as he covered his face with the blanket. No matter how hard Fredward tries, Jinyoung refuses to leave the comforting warmth of his bed.

All night, and now, all day, Jinyoung has been thinking of yesterday. To think about the day he leaves, it was unbearable. To take Hyeri's memories by force... it was unthinkable. Especially due to the fact that Hyeri had finally been honest about her feelings. It's highly unlikely for her to ever act that way ever again. "Jinyoung...dude, please get up. You're making me guilty just by looking at you." Fredward sighed. He rolled near Jinyoung's face, repeatedly running into his nose. "Come on, don't you want to see Hyeri?"

"Hyeri is filming a tv show right now," Jinyoung replied, "She won't be back until the afternoon."

"Well.... don't you want to be up and hyper when she comes home?"

"I don't want to see her."

"You....You're acting strange, Jinyoung." Fredward pouted.

"...Is that so?"

"Yeah, I mean--your antennas aren't even blue! They're not glowing like they usually do... it's just gray." Jinyoung's lifeless antennas wiggled in realization. "You're... not dying, are you?!"

"No, Fredward," Jinyoung chuckled half-heartedly, "I'm not dying. I can't die anyway. I'm immortal."

"So, what? What's wrong with you?"

"I'm just tired, okay?" Jinyoung said in a harsh tone, turning his whole body in the opposite direction. "Fredward, please, I need to be alone."

"Jinyoung...."

"Go read your romance novels or something."

"But.... fine. If that's what you want, then I'll go." Fredward sighed. He dejectedly rolled off the bed, leaving through the tiny opening of the door. "Just call me when you wanna talk, alright? Remember, Jinyoung, I'm here for you, bro."

 

 

After the long, exhausting recording, Hyeri finally returned home later than expected. Hyeri told Jinyoung she'd be home around 4 p.m., yet it's already past 8. "Jinyoung?" Hyeri called out, as she hung up her coat and hat. "Where are you?"

The first place she checked was the kitchen, where Jinyoung is usually stuffing himself up with dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets. Hyeri's smile disappeared when she realized there's no alien sitting on the tile floor. "This is weird..." she mumbled to herself, "Jinyoung is usually either here or the living room. But he's in neither."

In fact, Jinyoung is still cooped up in his bedroom, wasting the whole morning, afternoon, and night re-evalulating his decisions while he drowned in his own tears. Like a teenage girl after a bad breakup. Some people might find it weird for a grown 'man' to cry for so long, but after all it's just feelings. Jinyoung doesn't know how to hold in his feelings, unlike Hyeri, who is capable of showing no emotion in order not to bother others surronding her.

Hyeri slowly opened Jinyoung's door, causing it to make an eerie creaking noise. Jinyoung awoke from the sound, as he sat up in bed and sleepingly rubbed his eyes. "Jinyoung?" Hyeri gasped, "Are you...okay?"

Jinyoung forced a smile. "I'm fine," he replied in a tired voice, "When did you come home? It's already.... 8:47."

"I know, I know. I'm sorry, I didn't know filming would take so long," Hyeri sighed. She closed the door after she stepped inside, walking towards Jinyoung. Hyeri sat at the edge of the mattress, as she awkwardly scooted his feet aside. "Jinyoung, there's no nice way to say this... you look terrible."

"Really?"

"You look like you haven't slept for months. I-Is there something bothering you? You know you could talk to me about anything..."

"I'm okay," Jinyoung chuckled softly, shaking his head side to side, "Iv'e just been.... thinking."

"About?"

"I...well..." he hesistated, biting his lip. It's probably not a good time to talk about this topic. Yet, Jinyoung desparately wants to know her thoughts. "I was thinking about leaving. You know, return home to B1A4."

"W-What?" Hyeri gasped, "What are you talking about? Why are you even thinking that?"

"Just... thoughts. It's not like I'm actually planning to." Hyeri sighed a breath of relief. "I was wondering what you would do. If I were to."

"Why are you asking me that?" Hyeri huffed, "I-I don't want to think about it. I could only say I don't want you to leave." Even though it was quite flattering, Jinyoung wasn't content with her answer. He decided to drop the topic, though.

"Alright, then we won't." Jinyoung flashed the first genuine smile of the day. "Hyeri, wasn't... yesterday night fun?" Jinyoung might as well test her. After the painful process of actually wiping her memories away, he just has to make sure it worked.

"Yesterday?" Hyeri said in a confused tone, "Yesterday night...um, actually, now that I think about it I don't really remember."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah, it's all hazy to me. All I remember was dinner, and the rest is a blur."

"That's strange." Jinyoung said, acting very confused.

"Isn't it?"

 

 

 

Hyeri reluctantly left Jinyoung's room. "There's something definitely bothering him..." Hyeri muttered to herself, "I don't know what to do though."

"About what?" Hyeri turned to the direction of the voice, and wasn't very surprised to who it belonged to. After all, there's only 3 of them in the house.

"Jinyoung. He's acting all gloomy." Baro scoffed at her answer, as he began to do squats right in the middle of the hallway. Judging from his pink track suit, which he 'borrowed' from Hyeri's closet, it seems Baro is about to work out. Hyeri can't bear to look at him. The track pants are squeezing in all the wrong places.

"Hmph. Serves him right for totally not responding to any of my moves." Baro pouted, as he adjusted the sweatband around his forehead.

"Baro!"

"What? I'm just saying... most men fall to my feet when I touch them like that." Baro mumbled.

"Can't we worry about something other than yourself? Jinyoung is acting weird, and I don't like it..."

"Then, why don't you cheer him up?" Baro suggested, as he did a split.

"I-It's not that easy..."

"Sure it is!" Baro rose from his position, as he fabulously walked towards Hyeri. "Men are easy, trust me honey."

"Not Jinyoung," Hyeri laughed, "He's not like most guys."

"How so?"

"Jinyoung isn't interested in dating women, or sports. He likes chicken nuggets, the internet, pineapples, girl groups, and puppies."

"That's it!" Baro gasped, grabbing Hyeri by the shoulder. "Buy Jinyoung a puppy!"

"A dog?" Hyeri groaned.

"Yeah!"

"I already have a dog though. And I'm gone nearly everyday. Who's going to take care of it?"

"Jinyoung, of course. Didn't you say he's unemployed? He could watch over them." Baro said. Hyeri shook her head at the idea.

"I-I don't think Jinyoungs' trustworthy enough. Not after he tried to sacrifice my dog to the gods once..." Hyeri cursed under her breath.

"What'd you say?"

"N-Nothing. I just don't know, Baro. I mean, I'd think it would make Jinyoung happy, but--"

"Shhhh, shhh sweetie," Baro placed his finger over Hyeri's pink lips, "That's enough reason for me. Isn't Jinyoung's happiness important to you?"

"Of course it is..." Hyeri said meekly.

"Then let's do it!"

 

 

 

"Oh, Jinyoung, you're awake." Fredward snickered, as he rolled into the room. "I really thought you were just going to lay around the rest of the night."

Jinyoung shook his head. "I decided I shouldn't waste my time doing that. I decided it'd be better spending that time eating chicken nuggets." Jinyoung reached into his pillow case and pulled out a handful of delicious nuggets. "Do you want some?"

"N-No." Fredward cringed in disgust, "Is your pillow stuffed with chicken nuggets? What the flibbity Jinyoung?" He simply shrugged in response, because his mouth was already full. Jinyoung said something, but his speech was too distorted from the food for Fredward to understand. "T-That's disgusting..."

"It's delicious." Jinyoung retorted, "Eating hides the pain. The girls in the movies I watch on earth TV always fill themselves with ice cream after they break up with their man."

"Wow," Fredward laughed, "Spot on, Jinyoung. You always seemed to cry in bed all day just like them girls. What exactly happened to you? You didn't break up with your boyfriend, right?"

Jinyoung's smile disappeared. "I-I didn't cry for that long." he muttered.

"Yeah, 16 hours straight wasn't that long at all!"

"Yah," Jinyoung pouted, "I am a man of many emotions, alright?"

"Whatever. Just tell papa Fred what made you so upset."

"Heh, well.... I cried because, I--I cried over Hyeri, okay?"

"Hyeri? The one with the big s?" Fredward gasped, "What'd she do to you?"

"She didn't do anything to me."

"Hm? What do you mean?"

"You know what? Let's just drop the topic." Jinyoung sighed, "It'd take forever to explain, anyway."

"Jinyoung, come on!" Fredward whined. He knew no matter how much he complained, Jinyoung would stand his ground. So, Freddie let it go. Even though curiousity is seriously eating him up at the moment.

"Whatever happened, Jinyoung, I'm sorry. Even though you're making absolute no sense to me." Fredward huffed.

"Sorry Fred, my mind is just too much of jumble of mess to explain anything at the moment." Jinyoung laughed bitterly, "I'm seriously a train wreck...."

Fredward opened his mouth to reply, but was interrupted by Hyeri and Baro, who barged into the bedroom un-invited. "Jinyoung!" Hyeri called out happily, "Look what Baro and I got you!" Jinyoung's eyes directed to the small creature held in Hyeri's arms. It was small, fluffy, and absolutely terrified.

Hyeri walked towards Jinyoung, and held out the puppy in front of his face. "Well? Do you like it?" Hyeri cooed.

Jinyoung sat there motionless for a few moments, until a small smile crept on his lips. It wasn't the reaction Hyeri was hoping for, but atleast he cracked a grin. "Wow! Hyeri!" Jinyoung laughed, as he gently took the dog from her hands, "What a small goat!"

"I-It's not a--"

"It has such cute little feet, and this small bow on it's head!" Jinyoung chuckled, "Cool! It has a built in water fountain as well!"

"Oh my god Jinyoung it's peeing on--"

"No, wait, it tastes of apple juice. Built in apple juice fountain."

"Jinyoung it's all over your shirt--"

"Hyeri, Baro, this is the greatest gift ever." Jinyoung said happily, as he hugged the dog tightly. Despite the fact Jinyoung was pissed on, Hyeri was really glad Jinyoung was happy. It's all that matters to her. Also the fact that Jinyoung believes it is a goat. A small goat, specifically.

"I'm so happy, Hyeri," Jinyoung sighed, "I could kiss you right now!"

"K-Kiss?" Hyeri gasped. Such a simple word can make her flustered. "Kiss? I don't know about kiss...maybe a hug...or a pat on the back..."

While Hyeri mindlessly rambled to herself, Baro approached Jinyoung and patted his shoulder endearingly. Not all ually as Baro usually does. "We're glad you like it, Jinyoung." Baro smiled. "How about a name for it?"

"Hm, how about, 'Bernard?"

"W-What...no... that's awful."

------------------

I PROMISE THERE WILL BE MORE LOVEY MOMENTS COMING VERY SOON LIKE THE NEXT CHAPTER DON'T LEAVE ME OKAY

so I'm starting school this monday and that means i'm going to be away from my computer and I'll have to delay my updates more than i already do... which also means I'm going back to the animals i call my classmates. Anyhoo depending on how busy i am this year please expect slower updates and possibly more short ones.

Also you guys are being very silent these past updates. Also I haven't checked over the chapter for errors because it's like 4:00 a.m. so yeah