Rivalry

My Alien Friend From Outer Space!

Author POV

Jinyoung harshly awoke to the sound of yelling, shouting, and crying. But where the heck is it coming from? "....What?" Jinyoung rubbed his eyes and sleepily got up from his bed.

He groggily made his way toward the sound, but couldn't quite pin point exactly where. Jinyoung opened his curtains and peered outside his window. Only to run away a second later by what he found. "H-Hyeri!" Jinyoung gasped, running out his room. "What's with all the humans outside our house?!"

-------------------------

Hyeri POV

"Hyeri, wake up.... wake up!" Jinyoung yelled, as he shook me violently by the shoulder. "Please!"

I angrily threw my blanket over myself. "Jinyoung, I told you to never wake me up in the morning!" I snapped, "Go away."

My strength is uncomparable to his, as he effortlessly pulled the sheets off me. The sunlight hit my closed eyelids, and I buried my face in my pillow to escape it. "Hyeri, you have to get up! T-There are alot of people with weird flashy equipment outside our house!"

Weird, flashy equipment? 

It took me a few moments to figure out what he was trying to say, but once I figured it out, I shot out of my bed and dashed to the window. "H-Holy ..."

There were a ton of paparazzi crowding outside the house, each of them competing to get the best shot of my wounded face. I finally snapped back to my senses and swished the curtains closed. "Oh my god." I muttered to myself. 

How did they find out where I lived? Why are they here in the first place? They usually only stalk me when there's a scandal out and about... "Is something wrong?" Jinyoung asked, concern filled his low voice. "Why are all those humans outside our house?"

I didn't reply to his answer, walking right past Jinyoung and to the computer. "What are you doing?" Jinyoung asked. 

"Checking something," I replied, as I went to a Korean gossip site. And, just as I had feared, my name was on the top article.

Jung Hyeri beaten up? Residents of Seoul reported to have seen top idol star, Jung Hyeri. roaming the steets of the city with a bloody nose and swollen eye. Witnesses are claiming she's been seen with a young man. Could he had been her perpetrator? Others say it could just be her friend. But, the question is, what's the story behind her scars?

Many fans of Hyeri's are demanding for the reason of her injuries, blowing up her fansite with mixed reactions. "I hope Hyeri noona is fine," to "Who the hell would hurt such an angel?! I demand to know, he must be arrested!"

Hyeri's label, WM entertainment, has yet to comment on the incident. Stay tuned to Allkpop for updates and more!

"Someone recognized me..." I groaned, "!" I stood up from the chair, pacing around the room in anger. "I can't believe this!" 

"Hyeri..." Jinyoung laid a comforting hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry." I turned to look at him.

"Why are you sorry?" I laughed sadly, "It's not like any of this is your fault. 

"I-I know. It's just--" Jinyoung's words were cut off the by my ringtone. I reached into my pocket and frowned at the caller ID.

Baro. 

---

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Hi, Hyeri, it's Baro." he greeted, "I'm.. um... actually calling for Jaejoong. He wants to talk to you right away. You're at home, right?" Great. Now my manager needs to talk to me. I thought I could've hid this from everyone... but I knew it was foolish of me to think that way.

"Yeah, I'm at home."

"Is it okay if we come to pick you up?"

"Well, if you do, you're going to have a hard time getting through the paparazzi." I sighed, peeking through the curtains. "Baro, they're literally everywhere! Plus, Jinyoung is here--"

"J-Jinyoung is there?" Baro stuttered.

"Yeah, um, he spent the night because yesterday he came to drop off something and that's when the paparazzi came so... I let him stay here in order for him not to get caught." I lied. Luckily, Baro seemed to believe the story as he didn't question it.

"Alright... anyways, about Jinyoung. Did they spot him?"

"I-I don't know, he said he looked out the window, but I'm not sure if the camera men saw him."

"Well, make sure they don't see either of you. Jaejoong and I are on our way now." Before I could object, Baro quickly hung up, leaving me gawk over the empty line. 

"Jinyoung, come here," I called. Jinyoung got up from the sofa. "Look, I need you to listen to me, okay?"

"Anything, Hyeri." Jinyoung chirped. 

"Good. Jinyoung, I need you to..."

"Uh huh,"

"Go inside the room," I stepped behind Jinyoung and began to forcefully push him. 

"Okay... where are we going with this?" Jinyoung inquired. 

"Stand there," I commanded, pointing to the center of the bedroom. Jinyoung obeyed. "And stay there and don't move."

"Wait--Hyeri--"

"K bye Jinyoung!" I slammed the door in his face, before he could say anything otherwise. Sure, I may seem harsh, but I'm only doing this to protect him from the paparazzi. 

The last thing I need right now is to reveal Jinyoung to the public.

Suddenly, I heard a loud bang followed by the loud call of my name. "Hyeri!" A low voice shrieked. "Hurry!" I quickly ran to the living room. 

I gave one last glance to the bedroom, praying that Jinyoung will be safe. "Baro?" I gasped. I watched as he was desperately trying to close the door. The paparazzi were sticking their hands and cameras through the crack. I stepped beside Baro and ruthlessly pushed the door in. "Holy crap," I sighed. I slithered to the floor. "They're crazy."

Baro nodded. "I had to literally push them out of the way to get here." Baro growled. "It was terrible." I gave him a comforting pat on the back.

"Good effort getting in, but how are we going to get out?" I questioned. I stood back up and peeked through the curtains. Just as I had expected, those monsters are all over Jaejoong's car. "Baro, take a look."

Baro glanced outside. When he realized there's no way in hell to get pass them, he banged his fist against the wall in defeat. "Poor manager hyung. We lost him to the rats." he sneered. 

I figured we would be hiding in here for a while, so I decided to go back and console to Jinyoung. I'm not sure how it'll be with the 3 of us. Each of these boys is... strange.

Jinyoung is bat-crazy. And erted. And stupid. But innocent.

Baro is kind, but get's jealous very easily. Nearly the exact opposite of Jinyoung. Basically the only thing they have in common is they're both somewhat attractive. "You mentioned Jinyoung sshi is here?" Baro said.

I nodded my head. "Mhm, he's in there." I pointed with my head towards my bedroom. "Why?"

Baro shrugged his shoulders. "N-Not a particular reason. I was just..."

"Just...?"

"Wondering if I could talk to him?" I raised a suspicious eyebrow. Baro is acting awfully strange. He's usually refined and shows little to no emotion. I would question his intentions, but then again, I don't really care.

---

"Hyeri!" Jinyoung chirped, as I opened the door. He stuck his head through the small opening, his bangs falling on his eyes. "I got worried because I thought you were going to be gone forever--" Jinyoung stopped mid-sentence. "Who's your friend?"

"Don't you remember?" I forcefully pulled the cowering Baro beside me, a nervous look plastered on his face. "It's Baro."

Jinyoung slowly reached his hand out to touch Baro's silk hair. Judging from his past experiences, I was afraid that Jinyoung was going to eat Baro, or something. Luckily, I was wrong. Atleast this time.

"Your hair is soft and fluffy, like a sheep!" Jinyoung cooed. He fully stepped out of the room, his hand still attached to Baro's head. "Wow, and you know what else?" Jinyoung brought his nostrils close to Baro's face. When Jinyoung began to...aggresively sniff Baro's hair, Baro made the most inhumane noise as his face flushed red in embarrassment. "You use Mango Paradise conditioner." Jinyoung stated, pulling away.

"Oh my god--Jinyoung!" I reached for the nearby spray bottle and repeatedly misted him with cold water, like a owner punishing their pet dog. Baro gave me the weirdest look ever. "Don't. Sniff. Strangers! Remember?! D.S.S? Remember what happened when you sniffed that guy in the ice cream costume? What happens?!"

"You get a restraining order! I get it!" Jinyoung snapped, using his arms as a shield. It seemed Jinyoung got a little too ticked off, for he knocked the bottle out of my hand, causing the contents to spill all over me. "H-Hyeri, I'm sorry!" Jinyoung panicked. He tried to walk over to the cabinet, where the towels were placed. But, Baro was already one step ahead of him.

Baro gently wrapped the towel around my torso, as he shot me a warm smile. "I still remember where you keep everything." he chuckled.

"Thank you, Baro." I said meekly. Baro shot me that signature wink, shaking his head.

"No need to thank me."

----------------------------

Author POV

Jinyoung burned in envy at Baro and Hyeri's close friendship. To think he messed up once again in front Hyeri, just for Baro to swoop in and make himself look cool, makes Jinyoung very frustrated. "A-Anyways," Hyeri cleared , "Since all three of us are going to be here for awhile, why don't we do something together?"

"Like, what?" Baro tilted his head, like a confused puppy. His unintentionable aegyo makes Jinyoung want to punch his face in. "I'm down."

"Oh, I-I don't know. Maybe watch a movie? Or possibly play a board game?"

"Twister!" Jinyoung chimed in.

"What?" Hyeri groaned, "Jinyoung, you know I at Twister."

"Please?" Jinyoung pouted, "I like twister."

"Jinyoung, we're not playing twister, and that's final! You're never going to convince me to play that game, ever!"

---

"Red, left foot." Hyeri called out unenthusiastically. She sunk her back into the couch, resting her feet on the small table.

It was just the beginning of the game, so it was fairly easy for both Jinyoung and Baro to each place their left foot on a circle. Hyeri sighed, as she spun the wheel. "Yellow, right hand."

Jinyoung and Baro both set their bodies according to Hyeri's words. Baro was careful to get into a comfortable position, but Jinyoung did the weirdest move and flipped to his back, his foot and arm supporting him from crashing to the floor. Both Hyeri and Baro gawked at Jinyoung's amazing capability to not fall flat to the ground from exhaustion. It's difficult for anyone to hold that posture for any amount of time.

Just watching them reminds her why she hates twister. One, when the game finally gets rolling, Jinyoung over time begins to resemble the exorcist from his strange postures. And two, she always ends up losing against his incredible super human flexibilty and strength. Lastly, Hyeri seems to always 'coincidently,' get a face full of Jinyoung's . Sure, it's a nice sight until he thinks it's funny to fart in your mouth. "Right hand, blue." Hyeri announced the next turn. And the next one, and the next one after that. You get where this is going.

Eventually, the game began to get challenging, atleast for Baro. Jinyoung seemed perfectly comfortable holding his awkward position against Baro's side. Hyeri tried not burst out in laughter, for Jinyoung looked very like he belonged in the circus. At the same time, she was super impressed, but then she felt horribly sorry for Baro.

Poor Baro seemed like he could collapse from exhaustion at any second. That wasn't why she was sorry for him, though. "I could feel you breathing into my crotch," Jinyoung awkwardly pointed out, "It's not a pleasant sensation, if that's what you were thinking."

"I-I can't help it!" Baro yelled, "I'm exhausted."

"Then, hurry up and forfeit. Because, winner goes against Hyeri. And, I will win." Jinyoung said in a cocky tone. Baro rapidly shook his head.

"No way. I'm not going to give up that easily." Baro huffed. Jinyoung glared down at him, Baro smirking in return.

Hyeri could sense the rivalry between them, over this petty game. In her opinion, she'd rather for both of them to lose so she doesn't need to play. But the boys are so stubborn. Neither of them want to give up because of their over excessive pride. "Are you sure, Baro?" Jinyoung hummed. "My stomach is getting all bubbly."

"E-Excuse me?" Baro cringed in disgust. "You can't, dude."

"Why not?"

"Because that's gross! And, I'm not going to back down." Baro groaned, "Hyeri, please spin the wheel."

She reluctantly did as he said, spinning the wheel to learn the next move. "Right hand, yellow."

"Right hand, yellow?" Baro panicked. His eyes teetered to the nearest, available yellow circle. Once he realized where it was located, both Jinyoung and Baro shrieked in horror, while Hyeri burst in laughter.

"Baro, you can't!" Jinyoung threatened, "I don't want your face all up in my junk!" The yellow spot was directly under Jinyoung's backside, and in order for Baro to reach it he has to bring himself closer to Jinyoung's lower region. As is, he's already too close for comfort, how could he possibly do it without being able to literally smell Jinyoung's crotch?

This seems like a perfect place to call quits, but Baro is actually comtemplating whether to attempt the cursed yellow or not, just to be one step closer to winning one, single game of Twister. "I'm going for it. Jinyoung, please forgive me." Baro apologized.

"No, you little !" Jinyoung growled. In order to save both their dignities, Jinyoung decided he needed to release the...air... he held in for oh, so, long.

*tooooooot*

Hyeri and Baro both yelled and crinkled their nose in disgust. Being the alien Jinyoung is, a tiny, blue puff of air floated in the air and became in by Baro's small inhale. It was expected for Baro to run away in disgust, maybe even throw up a little.

Instead, his eyes rolled to the back of his head, and Baro collasped to the ground, unconscious. "Holy crap!" Jinyoung gasped. Jinyoung quickly rolled to the side and kneeled beside the knocked out Baro. 

Hyeri ran to their side. "Holy crap is right! You... y-you--"

"Won! I won!" Jinyoung interrupted, springing up to his feet. He began to do his victory dance, entirely discarding Baro.

Hyeri looked up at him in disbelief. "You idiot!" Hyeri snapped, "Can we forget about your precious victory for a second?" Jinyoung quickly stopped from the sound of Hyeri's angry tone. "What did you do to Baro?!"

"N-Nothing!" Jinyoung yelled, "All I did was toot, you saw!"

"I did, but why was it blue!"

"I don't know! I'm an alien, for god's sake!" Jinyoung's answer didn't satisfy Hyeri at all.

"Jinyoung, think!"

"U-Um... knock out gas, perhaps?"

"Perhaps? Jinyoung, shouldn't you know? It's your own body!"

"Hyeri, I. Do. Not. Know!" Jinyoung finally yelled whole-heartedly. Hyeri decided it's useless to argue with Jinyoung any further, so she dropped the yelling.

"Fine." Hyeri sniffed. She rose up from her crouch postion, and stood in front of Jinyoung. "Then what are we going to do."

Jinyoung stared at her back. "There is one person I could call."

"Jinyoung, right now is not the time to be calling your friends!" Hyeri snapped. Suddenly, her eyes became filled up with water, and Jinyoung stared at her in shock.

Baro's unconsciousness is part of the reason for her tears, but more over is because of all the stress. Quite frankly, she's getting of all of Jinyoung's stunts. It's starting to become irritating. One day, he's going to screw up too badly, that they won't be able to fix it.

"Hyeri, listen," Jinyoung laid each of his hands on her shoulders. "I'm calling a friend. Someone who could probably help us. So, please, stop crying?" Jinyoung's hand cupped her cheek, as he used his thumb to wipe away a tear.

"W-Who?"

"Sandeul #24680."

--------------------------------------

This is one the strangest chapters Iv'e probably ever typed up. I'm trying to be more fluffy/romantic in my story but then I always end up writing something funny/strange(?)

Thank you to all my readers who have put up with my writing style! You know that I'm not going to change lol

Subcribers and comments are cool as h*ck and comment because I like comments and it lets me know you're still there c: