Run!

My Alien Friend From Outer Space!

Author POV

Just as Jinyoung was about to approach Hyeri's lips, he paused. "...Sorry." Jinyoung pulled away, as he awkwardly scratched his head. "I'm acting on my own again, aren't I?" 

Hyeri's eyes widened in surprise. "No....I..." she wanted to explain to him that he didn't need to apolgize. That she wouldn't have minded at all if continued on with what he was doing. But, Hyeri doesn't have the courage to do so. Instead, she said the exact opposite of her desires. "It's fine."

Jinyoung flashed a bitter smile. For a while, the two of them just stood there, staring at the ground. The atmosphere became awkward and the silence was suffocating. Hyeri desperately wanted to tell him her feelings, but for some reason it just won't come out. "I just made this situation really weird, didn't I?" Jinyoung joked, in a desperate attempt to lighten the mood. But, it completely backfired and made the atmosphere worse.

"I--you didn't--" Hyeri's words just refused to come out correctly. Not only were a million things running through her mind, but with Jinyoung being in such close proximity made her more nervous. Instead of voicing out her desires, she just stared at his lips, hoping that he'd get the hint. Of course Jinyoung didn't notice.

"Mianhae." Jinyoung muttered, as he walked past her and to the door. "I need to learn to control myself, am I right? Well, I'll just be going out a bit--"

"Where are you going?" Hyeri asked, tugging on his sleeve. Jinyoung turned his face back to look at Hyeri. 

"Just a walk around the block. Don't worry." Jinyoung laughed, patting the top of Hyeri's small head.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Jinyoung POV

I glanced at Hyeri one last time before closing the door. 

She seemed.... sad, almost regretful. I don't know. Her expression is unreadable. 

Did I do the right thing? Should I had continued? 

"No..." I muttered to myself. "Hyeri probably would've snapped back to her senses soon afterwards, then get mad at me all over again." I dragged my feet all the way to front door, wrapping my fingers around the cold, door knob.

"Where are you going?" Fredward questioned, as he rolled towards me. "Out? You should take me with you."

"Just going to take a short walk," I answered, "It'll be boring."

"I don't care."

-------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning.
Author POV
 
As every weekday, Hyeri and Jinyoung walked to school together. And, as usual, at the gate, they take their separate ways to avoid controversy. Luckily, neither of them brought up last night's situation. They both realized it would just be better to act like it never happened. 
 
"PLEASE SIGN MY TOUNGE, HYERI!" A saesang fan ran up to Hyeri, all up her space. "PLEASE, JUST STAB YOUR PEN INTO MY THROBBING ORGAN!"
 
Jinyoung noticed that Hyeri is obviously annoyed by the crazed fan, even though she had a fake smile plastered on her face. Before he had the chance to go help, Baro already beat him to her. "Excuse me," Baro stood in front of Hyeri, standing between the fan and her. "It's alright to ask for autographs, but can you please refrain from any touching? Idols are people too, you know."
 
"I-I'm sorry!" The fan bowed down, before running away. 
 
"Y-You didn't need to do that." Hyeri sighed, as she fixed her hair. 
 
"But I did." Baro chuckled. Jinyoung watched them converse with each other from behind a tree. He honestly has better things to do than waste his time stalking them, but for some reason he can't look away. 
 
"He's the 5th one to come up to me. They're just excited to see me, since Iv'e been gone for a few days." 
 
"That doesn't give them the right to violate your privacy." Baro huffed. "Come on, let's go inside and eat breakfast before classes start."
 
Hyeri smiled in agreement. They then walked side-by-side, towards the building. "I want to eat breakfast with them too..." Jinyoung mumbled to himself. 
 
"Well, that's too bad then." A soft voice muttered. Jinyoung jumped a little in surprise. He looked down.
 
"H-How long have you been there?" Jinyoung stuttered.
 
"Iv'e been here the whole time, idiot. You didn't see me?" Gongchan sighed, smacking Jinyoung's shin with his book. "You were too busy stalking Hyeri-sshi to notice me."
 
"I was not stalking her." Jinyoung lied.
 
"Oh, really?" Gongchan said in a sarcastic tone, "Then what exactly were you doing?"
 
"I...was...." Jinyoung's voice trailed off, for he had no explanation. 
 
"See." Gongchan scoffed. "You know, Jinyoung, it's bad to stalk celebrities. You should stop. Celebrities have a hard time dealing with crazy fans, such as yourself."
 
"I'm not a crazy fan!" Jinyoung snapped. "I know Hyeri." Gongchan raised an eyebrow.
 
"Heh." he chuckled. "If you know Hyeri-sshi, then I'm best friends with Jung Eunji!" 
 
"I'm not lying." Jinyoung whined. 
 
"I'll believe you when aliens invade earth." Gongchan sneered, before directing his attention back to his book. 
 
"....How ironic." Jinyoung thought to himself. 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------
 
Author POV
 
Jinyoung awoke from his nap by the final bell. "....Done already?" Jinyoung yawned, as he stretched his legs. "Classes ended rather quickly then." 
 
Jinyoung got up from his desk, and grabbed his bag off the hook of the desk. He then walked into the hallway, and to the spot where he always meets up with Hyeri. "Hyeri?" Jinyoung whispered. No answer. "Where is she? She should had been here by now."
 
Jinyoung decided to wait for her. He took a seat on a chair. Unfortunately for him, Hyeri wouldn't be coming anytime soon. Hyeri had a schedule immediately after school, and had to leave without getting the chance to tell Jinyoung. She figured that Jinyoung would eventually give up and go home. But, she was wrong about 2 things.
 
One, Jinyoung waited for 5 hours. And two, Jinyoung has no idea how to get home. He and Hyeri always walked home together, so Jinyoung never bothered to learn/memorize the way home, since Hyeri was always there. "What am I going to do...Where am I going to go?" Jinyoung panicked.
 
---
 
Since he had no other choice, Jinyoung spent an hour or so aimlessly exploring the city. 
 
Jinyoung is cold, bored, and hungry. He just wished there was something interesting to do. Luckily, his prayers were answered. "Go, Sangjun! Go!" A crowd cheered in harmony. Jinyoung turned to the direction of the shouting. It was revealed to be a large crowd grouped outside an arcade.
 
"What are they doing?" Jinyoung said to himself, as he walked towards the arcade. Jinyoung tried to get through the crowd to see what all the fuss was about, but it was too large. "What's happening here?" Jinyoung asked the stranger next to him.
 
"It's the annual 'Dance Dance Revolution' move to the groove contest!" The stranger chirped. "Right now Sangjun Hyung is battling Sungki!"
 
"Battling?"
 
"You know! Everyone takes a turn to see who could get the highest score on Dance Dance Revolution. The catch is that it's on EXTREME mode! Which, is basically impossible--" They were interrupted by deafening screaming. "And it looks Sangjun just beat Sungki! Damn, if no one steps up to compete against Sangjun, then he's declared as the winner!"
 
"What do you get if you win?"
 
"30 pounds of bacon--"
 
"I'D LIKE TO COMPLETE, PLEASE!" 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------
 
Author POV
 
It was nearing midnight, and Hyeri hurriedly ran to the front door. "Jinyoung must be worried." she sighed to herself, as she fumbled with the lock. "I better not let him wait any longer." Hyeri swung the door open. "Jinyoung?" She called out. No answer. "He's not reading that book again... right?"
 
Hyeri searched the living room. Nothing. She then proceeded to search all the rooms. Nothing. Now, Hyeri is starting to panic. She took out her phone from her pocket, and dialed in Jinyoung's number. 
 
To her horror, she heard his phone ring.... in his room. "Oh god...." Hyeri gasped. "Is Jinyoung... lost?!" Hyeri had no time to waste. She quickly slipped her shoes back on, as well as grabbing a few accesories to cover herself. "He could be anywhere."
 
Jinyoung is like a puppy. He's useless without Hyeri, and once he gets lost, there's a slim chance of ever finding him again. You have to watch over him constantly.
 
---
 
Author POV
 
Hyeri was sprinting down the sidewalk, looking left and right. "Jinyoung?" Hyeri yelled. "Where are you?" She seemed like a fool to others, but right now she didn't really care. Right now, all that's running through her mind is: if Jinyoung is alright. Which he is, but Hyeri doesn't know that. 
 
Hyeri checked the whole neighborhood, and then she ran in the direction of the city area. Waves of people were in the city, and Hyeri had to gently push them out of the way. She already got scolded 10 times for her clumsiness. 
 
By now, Hyeri is exhausted. The only thing that enables her to continue is pure adrenaline. But, each minute that passed the adrenaline is slowly disappearing. Hyeri will definitely have bruises on the balls of her feet afterwards. "...I need... to take.... a break." Hyeri said between breaths. She flopped down on a brown bench, hanging her hand in exhaustion. "Once I find that idiot... I'm definitely going to make Jinyoung pay." Hyeri cursed under her breath.
 
Hyeri's graphic thoughts were interrupted by a roar of loud cheering. "What the hell...?" Hyeri growled, and looked up to see what was the matter. 
 
A sea of gamers were crowded outside of an arcade. Hyeri's curiousity took over and went over to see what all the hubba was about. Because of her short stature, she had to stand on her tip-toes to watch over the crowd. "It's just some guys playing Dance Dance Revolution..." Hyeri said; very confused. She didn't really understand why everyone was so excited until she watched a little closer at the two men.
 
Their feet were moving at an amazing pace, with sweat dripping down their necks. Hyeri herself began to gawk at their skill. "Wow..." she gasped. "That looks extremely difficult..."
 
Hyeri found herself watching for a few more minutes, totally immersed. All her focus was on the guy on the right, so she decided to share her attention to the other one as well. 
 
When she spotted the player's hair color, it only took a second for Hyeri to realize who the idiot dancing is. "J-Jinyoung?" Hyeri stuttered. "He was here the whole time?" 
 
Hyeri forced herself through the crowd. After using lots of brute strength, and some squeezing, Hyeri managed to assert herself to the front, right behind Jinyoung. "Jinyoung!" 
 
"Oh, Hyeri! Hello~" Jinyoung turned around, while he was still playing. His ability to get 'perfect' on each step, without even looking at the screen, amazed Hyeri but she quickly forgot about it when her anger took over.
 
"Hello?!" Hyeri roared, as she slapped his arm. "Jinyoung, what the hell are you doing here?!"
 
"Getting my groove on!" Jinyoung chirped. "What does it look like?"
 
"What does it--Jinyoung, do you know how long Iv'e been looking for you?!"
 
"Hold that thought," Jinyoung said, before turning his attention back to the screen. Jinyoung felt perfectly fine, despite playing extreme mode on DDR for an hour straight, but his opponent, Sangjun, couldn't dance anymore. He felt that if he continued any longer, his feet would de-attach from his legs.
 
Once Sangjun stepped down from the platform, waves of people crowded around Jinyoung to congratulate him on his win, and, in the process, slowly squeezing the life out of Hyeri. Not only that, one guy bumped into Hyeri, knocking over her hat and sunglasses. "O-Omo!" The same guy gasped, "S-Sorry let me pick that up--" he stopped mid-sentence, his mouth gaping open. "Oh my god, you're Jung Hyeri! C-Can I have your autograph?!"
 
His voice was loud enough for the rest of the crowd to hear, and everyone turned to sneak a peek at Hyeri. Eventually, the sea of fans engulfed Hyeri, all of them were shouting at once; begging for a photo and autograph. "Move!" Jinyoung's muffled voice cried out. His super-human strength enabled him to effortlessly push bunches of men out of the way, creating a pathway to Hyeri.
 
As soon as he was within Hyeri's ratio, she didn't hesitate to grab Jinyoung's hand and drag him along with her. Jinyoung helped clear a path as Hyeri pulled him along outside to the city. "Run!" Jinyoung and Hyeri dashed down the street; hand in hand.
 
Jinyoung glanced back and soon realized the group of fans were slowly catching up to them. Jinyoungs runs very fast, but if he ran to his full ability he would literally be dragging Hyeri across the asphalt. If they kept it up at Hyeri's pace, the fans would definitely catch up. Jinyoung stopped for a second and wrapped one arm under Hyeri's thighs. "W-What are you doing!" Hyeri groaned, "Put me down, now!"
 
"No way," Jinyoung scoffed, while he effortlessly picked Hyeri up, bridal-style. "It'd be easier this way."
 
He began to sprint at an amazing pace, so fast that Hyeri had to grip Jinyoung's shirt collar in order for her to hold on. It was as if Jinyoung was some sort of cheetah hybrid.
 
Hyeri glanced behind Jinyoung's shoulder, and felt relieved the fans had no chance of catching up. Suddenly, Jinyoung took a sharp turn into an alley. He put down Hyeri, and pressed himself against her so that her back is against the brick wall. The alley could barely fit the two of them. "Sorry, I know it's a tight squeeze. Just bear with it until the fans have passed." Jinyoung said in a hush tone. Hyeri swallowed the lump that rose in and nodded.
 
They both watched as the crowd of fans ran straight past them, oblivious to their location. Jinyoung and Hyeri sighed in relief.
 
---
 
For a few moments, they stood in silence. They could only hear the sound of Hyeri breathing deeply from all the running, sweat dripping down her forehead. Hair stuck to her face from her sweat. "You sweat alot." Jinyoung stated rather bluntly.
 
"Thanks." Hyeri sighed.
 
"I'm just kidding," Jinyoung chuckled, grabbing a handkerchief from his pocket. He raised it to her forehead to wipe off the sweat, but Hyeri leaned her head back in disagreement. "What? I was just going to.... you want to wipe it off yourself?" Jinyoung offered, waving the cloth in her face.
 
Hyeri gently grasped the handkerchief, and began to pat it around her face awkwardly. After she was finished, she clasped Jinyoung's hand and placed the cloth on his palm. She slightly nodded to express her gratitude. "How are you not sweating?" Hyeri asked, amazed. Her fingers lightly trailed Jinyoung's jaw line. "You don't seem tired at all."
 
"I think you forgot I'm not human." Jinyoung snickered. Hyeri laughed along with him.
 
"Just for a second. You're lucky, though. My lungs are begging for air. Not to mention, my feet are killing me." Hyeri pouted. Jinyoung's eye smile slowly became replaced with concern.
 
"Let's find a place for you to rest, then." Jinyoung smiled warmly. Both of them walked down the alley, and as they traveled farther down the alley, it slowly began to expand wider. Once there was enough room for them to walk around freely, Hyeri immediately sat down on the cold concrete. Jinyoung kneeled next to her. "Take off your sneakers." Jinyoung commanded.
 
"I'm fine--"
 
"Hyeri." Jinyoung warned. When Jinyoung is scary when he's angry, so he didn't need to say it twice for Hyeri to obey. She slowly unlaced her shoe and slipped it off. When she felt Jinyoung's slender fingers hold her foot, Hyeri flinched in pain. "Sorry," Jinyoung apologized, "I know this is an uncomfortable situation, but we won't know what's wrong till we take a closer look."
 
Hyeri felt herself glow red when Jinyoung unrolled her sock. "You said that you were fine, but you're not. Your feet are all bruised and red." Jinyoung said sternly. "We've only been running for 3 minutes, barely. Do your feet... bruise easily, or something?"
 
Hyeri chuckled softly, shaking her head. "No, Jinyoung. The bruises formed from all the running I did before I found you."
 
"What?"
 
"I spent 2 hours, running. Looking for you." Hyeri admitted. "That's what I was trying to tell you, back at the arcade." Jinyoung's eyes widened in surprise. He had no idea how to respond to Hyeri's act of kindness. Jinyoung felt his stomach form knots out of guilt. Hyeri spent so much time searching for him, because she was worried. When in reality, as she ran for her life, Jinyoung was playing video games.
 
"You hurt yourself, though," Jinyoung muttered, "Hyeri, you went way past your limit. You should've stopped looking when you were in pain. You know I would've been fine." 
 
Hyeri felt herself boil over in anger from Jinyoung's selfishness. "How can you be so naive?" she snapped, "I didn't know you were fine... that's why I didn't stop looking for you! How would I know if you were in trouble? How would I know if you could find your way home? Jinyoung, I spent all that time because I care about you! Alot...."
 
"I--sorry. I didn't mean it... that way." Jinyoung apologized meekly, scratching his non-itchy head. 
 
"Let's drop the topic, okay?" Hyeri suggested, leaning her head on Jinyoung's shoulder. "I don't want to argue anymore." Jinyoung nodded silently.
 
---
 
Eventually, Hyeri's eyelids fluttered closed from exhaustion. Jinyoung didn't dare to move from his position. His shoulder was sore and his back hurt from the uncomfortable postion, but he didn't mind at all . Not in this situation. "Well, we better get home. We're not going to sleep in this alley way." Jinyoung muttered to himself.
 
He slowly replaced his hand with his shoulder, in order to keep Hyeri asleep. He then picked her up, piggy-back style. Jinyoung pulled Hyeri's hood over her head so that no one could possibly recognize her. 
 
Even though it was already 2 am, there was still lots of people walking around the city area. Jinyoung recieved strange looks from strangers, but Jinyoung didn't care. 
 
He's used to being labeled as 'weird,' anyway.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------
 
So I just finished 'She is Wow' (Jinyoung's drama) a few days ago, and let me you not, it's one of the best dramas Iv'e watched in a while. I highly recommend it! Unless you hate watching Jinyoung interact/kiss other girls, then don't. But that's not me. I love watching B1A4 interact with people.
 
Anyways, subcribers and comments are always appreciated! And, now, I'm going to go make me ramen now. It's already 3 p.m. and I haven't eaten yet.