Don't You Understand?

My Alien Friend From Outer Space!

Author POV

This was probably the most awkward, suffocating, and uncomfortable dinner Jinyoung has ever experienced.

For maybe the 13th time, Jinyoung shyly pushed Baro's hand off his thigh. Hyeri is oblivious to everything that was happening, for all the action is under the table. "S-So..." Hyeri broke the ice, placing her spoon in her bowl. "Did you like dinner, Baro? Jinyoung?"

"It was great!" Baro giggled, "But we haven't gotten to dessert, huh, Jinyoung?" He glanced at Jinyoung with a snarky look plastered on his face, his eyebrows wiggling up and down.

"U-Um...." Jinyoung stood up from his seat, as he dusted off his pants. "I-I'm full."

"Already?" Baro sighed.

"Yup!" Jinyoung forced a hearty laugh, "I'm full. Very full. No time for that kind of dessert."

 

Jinyoung POV

I could feel Hyeri's strange eyes glued to me. She's obviously wary of my abnormal behavior. "Jinyoung, what's wrong?" she finally asked.

I couldn't tell her Baro is feeling me up! That's just... embarrassing. "Nothing." I muttered. I shot her a subtle look, hoping she would take a hint. Yet, as I had expected, she simply brushed off the topic.

"Okay..."

"Jinyoung, sweetie," Baro called out for me, with that obnoxious tone in his voice. "You embarrassed? Don't be." he turned to Hyeri. "Hyeri, Jinyoung's just a little shaken up, we were playing around under the table."

I couldn't help but let my mouth drop from shock. That little...! "P-Playing around?" Hyeri stuttered, her eyes nearly popping out. "What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean." Baro giggled, as he sloppily his lips. "It was all me, though. Jinyoung needs to loosen up a bit."

Hyeri shot up from her seat, running to my side. To my surprise, she hooked her arm through mine, her grip pressurizing my bloodline. "You c-can't do that! Not to him!" Hyeri snapped with a shaky voice.

"And why not?" Baro scoffed, "It's not like you two are dating. Right?"

Didn't this happen to me, like a few days ago? Why am I being fought over again? What an awkward position to be in. Except, now that Baro is in the equation, makes it alot worse. Even that psycho Luna chick was more comforting to be around than this guy.

"W-Well... no. We're not." Hyeri answered meekly, her grip softening. The natural rose coloring on her cheeks dropped a shade darker. "I-I'm just saying you shouldn't be doing that, Baro. Jinyoung is obviously uncomfortable."

"Whatever." Baro ticked his tounge in annoyment. He sat up from the chair, ruffling his already shaggy, black hair. "I'm going to asleep."

"Where?" I spoke up. Baro didn't reply back, but I already knew the answer. I prayed that he would make a turn into the living room, but instead, he stomped down the hallway towards my bedroom.

Hyeri and I didn't have the courage to tell him other wise, though. The worst thing you can do is anger someone as diva-ish and sassy as the new Baro. "Goodnight!" Baro yelled, slamming the door right after himself.

 

[A/N: play this to set the mood lol. beware the music plays automatically. open in new tab]

 

 

Hyeri shyly slid her arm away from mine. "That was weird." I laughed, in a desperate attempt to lighten up the mood. "Thanks for the 'over-protective' act. I know you were just pretending... but thanks."  She didn't say anything in return, but instead just stood there, her eyes facing the ground. I knew just by looking that something is bothering Hyeri. She's not the type to bottle up her feelings. "Hey," I said with gentle voice, placing a hand on her shoulder. "What's wrong?"

"Ah... nothing." Hyeri replied in a soft tone. She gently grapsed my hand and took it off her own shoulder. "Maybe we should prepare for bed as well."

Hyeri already began to walk away, but at the last second I grabbed her wrist and turned her around, so that she could face me. "Yah, Hyeri," I whined, "Please, I know something is wrong. Was it something I said?"

Suddenly, Hyeri's eyes flared up in anger, as she harshly snapped her hand away from mine. "Something you said?" Hyeri echoed, in a much more dark aura. "You really don't know, do you?"

"....No." Hyeri's eyebrows furrowed into an arch, not satisfied with my answer. "Look, why are you all mad?"

"Why you don't know is exactly what's pissing me off!" Hyeri yelled, as she pounded her fist against my chest.

"Then tell it to me straight." I growled.

"Fine," Hyeri planted herself in front of me, staring at me with softer eyes. "None of that was an act, as you seem to find it."

"What?"

"With Luna, as well. You think I'm just putting on a performance, but what you fail to notice is that I actually care about you, more than you know. It's... i-it's pissing me off."

"Hyeri--"

"I kept you close to me, because I don't like seeing you with anyone else. Even Baro, now that he's lusting after you. Now, do you understand, Jinyoung? Do you know everything Iv'e done for you, before and now, was all real?"

It seems it took all her courage to even tell me, as she buried her face into my chest while she meekly wrapped her arms around my waist. "U-Um, Hyeri--"

"Shut up." Hyeri voice was all muffled. "I know you're going to say something stupid. Let's not ruin the mood, okay?"

"Okay." I happily agreed, leaning my forehead on top of her head. Hyeri is alot shorter than me, I have to practically bend down to comfortably embrace her. Not that it's a problem. "I thought you hated hugs...?"

I could feel her lips form a smile against my torso. "I do... 95% of the time." she laughed.

"What about the other 5%?"

"O-Only with you." Hyeri shyly admitted, her hold tightening. "If you tell anyone I said this, then I'll kill you. Got it?"

"Got it." I chuckled, running my fingers through her silk hair. "Hyeri, you know, I always--" Before I could finish, my phone rang in the other room. "Um..."

"Go answer it." Hyeri smiled, as she gently pushed me away. "It's fine."

 

 

"Hello--"

"Jinyoung, what the hell are you doing!" Sandeul yelled, not even allowing me to greet him.

"What are you talking about..?"

"I mean you, totally making a move on Hyeri!"

"Y-You're watching me?!" I huffed, "H-How are you-- Where are you?"

"I already told you, that's for me to know and for you to never find out."

"Then, get out." I growled, "You have no right to watch us."

"Look, I'm just looking out for you. You shouldn't be doing what you were just doing." Sandeul #24680 said.

"What?"

"I mean, don't you think that's going a little too far? You're acting too lovey dovey with your test subject."

"Don't call her that." I said icily.

"And, why not?"

"Because Hyeri is more than that, okay?" Sandeul #24680 bursted out into laughter.

"Jinyoung, you-- pfffft, are you seriously getting attached to her?" Sandeul #24680 chuckled, "Seriously, your job is to make her confess to you. That's it. You shouldn't be getting all emotional about this, Jinyoung! It just makes everything more difficult."

 

 

Author POV

"I'm hanging up." Jinyoung said before hand, as he lowered the cellular device. Jinyoung already had his thumb over the red button, but he could hear Sandeul yelling over the line.

"Wait, Jinyoung, please!" he begged, "Just hear me out, will ya?" Jinyoung should had just hung up, but instead he replaced the phone near his ear.

"Damn it--what is it?"

"Jinyoung, I... think you should wipe her memory, of that whole little discussion you two just had."

"That's it, I'm really hanging up."

"Wait, wait, wait!" Sandeul #24680 whined, "Look, I'm saying that, because if the test subject-- if Hyeri really and truly falls in love with you, like seriously, then that's bad. Once mission is complete, you're returning home, remember? And, you can't leave, with Hyeri still in love with you. If there's too much attachment, the memory wiper won't work in the end. She'll remember you, even when you're gone."

Jinyoung can't help but agree with Sandeul. He knew, that eventually, he would leave and go back home. Jinyoung just didn't want to think about it. Jinyoung also was aware of wiping Hyeri's memory of himself once he left. That way, the test subject won't be emotionally hurt.

"You're right," Jinyoung admitted, "It's just... not fair. Hyeri was finally honest with me, and now it's going to be gone just like that! She finally hugged me, she finally admitted she took an interest in me... now i-it's gone."

"Yah, are you crying?" Sandeul #24680 scoffed. "Come on, Jinyoung, it up. Besides, she'd forget all of it, once your mission is complete. She's going to forget you, Jinyoung. Get it through your ing head!"

"I know!" Jinyoung yelled, "Just... don't remind me. Please, Sandeul."

"Fine." Sandeul sighed, "Now, go, Jinyoung. You know what you have to do. But, remember this, my friend. You're getting into the last stages of your mission. Cherish the last few months you'll have with Hyeri."

 

 

 

Jinyoung groggily walked into Hyeri's bedroom, to find her laying on her bed, watching TV. "Oh, you're back." Hyeri smiled warmly, as she stood up and approached Jinyoung. Her smile disappeared once she noticed Jinyoung's red, puffy eyes. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Jinyoung said in an monotone voice. "I'm just... tired." Hyeri laid each of her hands on Jinyoung's face, examining it closely.

"You're not going to fool anyone with those eyes, Jinyoung. I can tell you've been crying." Hyeri sighed, wiping away his tears with her thumb. "Now, tell me what's wrong."

Jinyoung pulled her into a strong hug, besides answering her question.

She's going to forget you, Jinyoung. Get it through your ing head!

"Jinyoung?" Hyeri's soft voice woke Jinyoung from his day dreaming. "Y-You're hurting me... can you loosen up a bit..?" Jinyoung buried his face into her neck, as he placed his hand behind her head. His fingertips began to glow a bright purple.

The process is starting.

"Yah, Jinyoung are you listening to me?" Not a single word is going through to him. "You think you can hug me all you want, right after I told you I like you?"

Jinyoung's eyes widened in surprise. He could feel his whole body tingle in happiness, but he couldn't let it show. Jinyoung sighed a breath of relief. If Hyeri said, 'I love you,' instead, mission would be complete. You know what would happen after that.

"I'm sorry..." Jinyoung whispered.

"Sorry..? What are you sorry for?" Hyeri asked, very oblivious to the situation.

"For this." The light from his fingertips shot out and trailed around Hyeri's head. Jinyoung painfully watched as Hyeri slipped out of consciousness, her eyelids slowly closing.

Before she could fall, Jinyoung caught the collasped Hyeri into his arms, and he proceeded to lower himself to the ground.

Jinyoung rested her head on his lap, as he gently swept the hair covering her face.

She's more than just a test subject.

Hyeri will forget all this in the end.

You're not crying, are you?

"I'm sorry...." Jinyoung wept, as he leaned down to caress her. "I-I'm going to go crazy....."

 

 

 

I think that was the first serious chapter for this story! Woo...hoo? Now, I don't usually write serious/sad scenes... so I hope this didn't come out too bad!

As always, subcribers, and comments are very much appreciated! I would love to hear what you think of this~

WHY ARE YOU ALL BEING SILENT READERS JUST