Chapter 8: The Kim Jaejoong

Same Sky, Different Time

 

 

 

 

[Author’s POV]

It was already dark when they came back home.

 

When they entered the house, Dara couldn't help but obviously noticed the dark aura coming out of GD. He wasn't talking ever since they got to his workplace.

 

"Is everything alright?" she asked.

 

"Yeah" GD might have said it calmly but she knew it was a lie.

 

"Look, if there is anything I can do to help you I will" 

 

GD had enough and snapped "It is none of your business so stop sticking your nose into my business, okay? After all, you don't know a thing about this world. So it is better for you to just shut up and wait until I figure out what to do with you! You are just adding to my problems"

 

Dara was obviously hurt by what he just said "So you only think of me as useless right? In my time, I was the prince-" she was interrupted by GD again.

 

"Oh please not those princesses crap again. Are you crazy?! The royal family died ages ago and they are extinct now."

 

'M-my parents are dead?' tears slowly falls down in her eyes. "Fine! If you think I'm such a burden for you, I'll leave the house now" 

 

"Good! You do that, leave the house and never come back"

 

Dara wiped the tears away and said "You are a cruel and heartless man, don't worry I won't ever appear in your eyes, ever again"

 

GD felt like he was slapped in the face before leaving the house. He suddenly felt guilty. "Dara... Dara come back" when he couldn't see her anymore, he kicked the couch so hard that it flew off to the other side of the room "Argh!" he roared. 

 

-----
 

Dara who is walking down the road, back where she woke up and saw all the cars driving past her.

 

She sat down on the bench where the bus stop is; luckily no one was waiting beside her.
 

Her tears was falling down like waterfalls 'Where am I going to go now? My parents are dead, there is no one to turn to"

 

"Dara?" 

 

She heard her name from a man 'GD?' she thought. 'He came back for me?' she doesn't know why but at the thought of him running back for her, made her smile. 

 

But when she turned to the man, it wasn't him. Her smile immediately faded away.

 

"Oh my god, you look exactly like her" the man's eyes went wide opened.

 

Dara who was confused and never knew this man "Sorry, you must have confused me with someone. I have heard people calling my name and confused me by their friend".

 

"I know, she died ages ago. I just saw you while I was driving the road and I thought you looked like her so I went out of the car and checked it out myself and then I found out you do look exactly like her..."

 

Dara was saddened by the news "I'm sorry for your lost" she wiped her tears once again.

 

"You look like a mess" the man sat beside her "What's your name?"

 

"Sandara Park but people call me Dara..." she awkwardly smiled "I can't believe you're seeing me in a messy condition"

 

"That's alright; I'm kind of used to it. A girl who looked a lot like you used to come to me for help, we used to talk about her issues and then I will give her my advice" The man looked up in the sky hoping that she is in a safe place.

 

Dara saw him smiling up in the sky "You must have really liked this girl"

 

"Yes I did, is it that obvious? If it is then it wasn’t obvious enough for her to see it then" he let out a soft laugh "But she had a boyfriend that's why I had to back out" the man then awkwardly laughed. "Her boyfriend was my cousin, who used to be dear to me" his soft voice changes into a sharp voice in the end, Dara wasn't sure if it was just her but the atmosphere changed.

 

He changed the topic to lighten up the mood "but anyways, what is a girl like you crying the middle of the road for?" 

 

"It's a long story" Dara sighed.

 

"You know what, you can come with me. I was just about to get something to eat, do you want to come?" when he saw her hesitating "Don't worry, my treat" he smiled.

 

Dara has nowhere to go and no one to trust but the man seems to be kind and wouldn't look like a bad man. "Okay" she smiled. 

 

They got up the bench and started walking towards his car "Sorry for the trouble, I didn't get your name"

"My name is Jaejoong, Kim Jaejoong"

 

-----

"Okay, you gotta calm down first G" TOP answered through the phone.

 

"How can I calm down TOP?! It's been hours since she has been missing. She doesn't know her way in this neighbourhood. What if a man kidnapped her or maybe even worse, someone might be harassing her or something? I NEED TO FIND HER NOW!" GD had horror in his face as he walk back and forth, he couldn't keep still, knowing that Dara is out there alone.

 

TOP sighed "Well whose fault was it" he whispered to himself.

 

"What?!"

 

"Nothing" TOP immediately answered. "Look, Bom and I are coming over and probably drive around the town while we are at it"

 

GD hears TOP grabbing the keys through the phone "It's my fault man. I shouldn't have let her go. It's my fault that right now she is alone somewhere".

 

"I know man. At least you admitted your mistake. We'll find her soon, don't worry" TOP bid goodbye before hanging up the phone.

 

GD deeply sighed, he also grabbed his keys and walked outside the house

 

-----

Jaejoong took Dara into a fancy restaurant.

 

"So what happened to you" He asked once they got settled into a table.

 

Dara wasn't sure on how to say it but she decided not to name GD "I won't name anybody but I'm just going to call this guy... Hmmm... Baby boy".

 

"Baby boy?" He raised his eyebrows. 

 

Dara smiled and nodded "Yes, he always acts like a baby but with a huge temper. One minute he might be happy but the next second, he is super angry, I just don't get him" she chuckled just by even remembering GD.

 

"Sounds like you like him" Jaejoong teased.

 

She waved his hands at him "Me? Definitely a no no!" Dara immediately denied which only made it convincing that she does.

 

Just in time, a waitress came to our table and asked if we were ready to order. Now that it reminded Jaejoong to look at the menu he asked if Dara wants anything specific.

 

"Anything will be fine"

 

Dara just realised that the waitress seems to be leaning towards Jaejoong and her clothes looks shorter than the ones she saw from the entire waitresses she just saw. It made her really uncomfortable to be seeing someone flirts in front of her. It reminded her of all the giseangs back well… she guess she’s old enough to say back in her days. It made her feeling a little bit down.

 

"We will have 2 Spaghetti Bolognese and one coffee latte and water please" Jaejoong closed the menu and handed it to the waitress.

 

"Is that all, sir? Because this shop has more than what it offers" the waitress purred.

 

When Jaejoong nodded, the waitress bent down to get Dara's menu which gave Jaejoong the full view of her nice . She then pretended to drop Jaejoong's napkin on the ground, she got it up and slowly placed it on his lap along with her number. She then left the table.

 

Once she was completely gone, Dara was stunned but at the same time disgusted because she grew with her mother telling her that a girl must have a respect to herself before she gains respect from others and right now that waitress didn’t get any of Dara’s respect "That girl was all over you"

 

Jaejoong chuckled like it was nothing as if he is always happen to him everyday "I'm used to girls like that, I can tell you that they are not my type. My ideal girl is someone pure and innocent. So back to your story..."

 

"Oh, so what happened was... I was temporarily living at Baby Boy's house since I had nowhere to go. Everything was great until we came home coming from his workplace. I don't know what happened but something surely happened and it changed him from a different person I knew. We had a fight, which concludes you meeting me at a bus stop crying".

 

"Wow! He is a jerk for not running after a beautiful young lady like you" Jaejoong shook his head. 

 

Dara blushes "Oh please~ I know that already" Jaejoong laughed.

 

"Wait does that mean you don't have a place to live in now?"

 

"Pretty much it, I'm a person without home" Dara sadly admitted.

 

"I have a spare bedroom in my house actually... If you would like, you can temporarily live there" He offered.

 

Dara was excited "Are you sure? Because there is no going back when I get there"

 

He laughed "Yeah, it is pretty lonely living alone so why not. You don't look like a bad person too, are you?" Dara shook her head "Good, but I just have one condition"

 

"What is it?"

 

Jaejoong leaned forward and ready to talk business "You will be my personal manager".

 

It was pretty obvious that there will be a condition, Dara was in a desperate situation she accepted the offer "What does that do?"

 

"Easy. You follow what I say and plus you will get paid by living in the house for free and the food and drink are included"

 

Dara nodded 'it’s a pretty good deal and plus how hard can it be?' she thought. "Fine, what is your job?"

 

"I'm a singer"

 

-----

 

(The next day later)

 

"Hyung! Are you okay? You're gaining more eye bags than me" Seungri asked GD who is sitting on the couch dozing off somewhere.

 

"Shut up maknae, especially not in the mood" GD lowly growled.

 

Seungri who cowered a little and walked towards TOP who was drinking water "Hyung, do you know what's going on with him? Is he still not over from yesterday's meeting?"

 

TOP sighed when he saw GD looking miserable "It's not that maknae, something came up after that and we still couldn't find the solution for it. If I were you, I wouldn't go near him today" he warned before leaving Seungri.

 

Seungri who was left confuse, heed TOP's warning and left the practice room.

 

It's been exactly 19 hours and 20 minutes and 4 seconds, GD still couldn't find Dara. He looked everywhere but still couldn't find her. Heck, he even drove around the town until it was 3 am in the morning.

 

TOP sat down in the couch beside him "We gotta get ready man, we will have to attend SBS inkigayo today. Our rival DBSK is also showing up, we cannot lose to them"

 

GD massages his nape before answering "Fine" he stood up from the couch and heading towards the exit.

 

"We'll find her" TOP shouted across the room.

 

'Hopefully...' GD deeply sighed.

 

-----

 

"Are you ready Dara?" Jaejoong asked while he waits at the door.

 

"Coming" she smiles as she walks down the stairs and followed him to his car.

 

"Ready for your first day?"

 

"Definitely yes" I smiled at him.

 

"Okay" Jaejoong started the car and drove off heading to the SBS building.

 

 

Here's chapter 8 ^_^ Don't forget to comment & subscribe 

Thank you guys for supporting and subscribing. You guys really make my day.

Preview time:

GD who was standing outside in the balcony, thinking of a way to calm himself down and get Dara out of his head for awhile.

"Aigoo~ where am I?"

'Baby girl?' GD heard a voice but he was thinking he was just hallucinating 'Baby girl can't be here'.