Chapter 5: A Ghost?!

Same Sky, Different Time

 

 

 

 

 

[GD's POV]

Without me needing to open my eyes, I could tell it was already morning. The sun was shining through my eyes. As soon as I opened my eyes everything felt like it was spinning around. I sat up in my bed as I clutch my head "Ah . My head hurts... Argh. ing hangover" I cursed. I reached over my phone which was located on the table beside me. I quickly dialled a number and when someone picked up the phone "Hey TOP man, I have a hangover would you mind getting me some food? My head is not on the mood of making any food right now. It feels like they are gonna burst soon" 

 

TOP replied with a sigh "I told you to keep it easy on the alcohol yesterday. Dara wouldn't like this at all especially on the day she died... if she was still here she'll go rage on you" TOP chuckled but silence then occured.

 

Even just by the name of her made me clench my jaw.

 

 

" man... Sorry for bringing it up"

 

"It's okay. Just bring the food here" my voice became sharp. I hanged up on the phone without even waiting for a reply. I threw the phone in my bed and then massage my head for a bit before I got up from my bed and headed directly to the shower. 
 

After spending 20 minutes under a hot shower, I heard noises outside the room. I immediately thought that TOP is here already with the food he brought. I quickly wrapped the towel below my waist and headed for outside.
 

-----
 

[Dara's POV]
 

I woke up due to a 'thud' coming from the strange man's room. Then I start hearing this weird noises, it sounded like it was water dropping but it was more continuously... Like rain. "Is it raining?" I asked myself.
 

I sat up and noticed that I was sleeping on a comfortable furry object. It was weird how it was located in the middle of the room where tables and chairs are placed, nevertheless the object was really comfortable. Probably even more comfortable than my bed at the palace.

 

I stood up from my bed and looked around once again. "I guess I'm not dreaming after all, how am I going to get back to the palace now? I don't even know where I am..." I said it in a sad voice but the shrugged it later on "Meh... I'll just get help with that strange man over there. He should remember where I could find the king and queen."
 

I covered my face with hands and noticed that there were dry tears. Yesterday was all new to me, I miss home. I want to go home! That's why I cried the whole night. I blame this witch called... What's her name again... Something Byul... That's right Han Byul. I don't get why she did this to me, I didn't do anything wrong. What is she going to teach me? Why is she teaching me lessons when I have my own teachers in my palace with me, anyway?
 

Questions start popping up in my head but it was left unanswered.
 

I walked over to this Humongous box, it was placed on top of a table, I touched the front screen of it and it seemed like it was made out of liquid. "Weird object" I thought. Then I went to the side and saw this circle buttons aligned into a straight line, I hesitated at first but then pushed the first button in the end. The next second, a loud sound startled me at first but then it was followed by a really loud noise, I suddenly panicked and covered my ears and stepped back of the box, I noticed that the front screen was filled with vivid colours. My eyes widened... "Oh my god... What did I do? What do I do? Argh! The sound is hurting my ears!" I went back on the sides to see the buttons again, I pressed the first button once again and luckily it all stopped. The music stopped, the vivid colours are gone, it all back to normal. I hesitated before I pulled my hands of my ears "Did I go deaf?" I asked myself, since I heard myself ask that question, I sighed in relief. "That thing is EVIL!" I pointed out to the big black box.
 

Out of nowhere, I heard a voice behind me. "So TOP did you bring the food?" I quickly spun around, only to see a half- man in front of me... My eyes widened.
 

'Dara?' he thought, but now that he thinks about it, she's dead 'A GHOST?!’ he then screamed with me "! AHHH" the man went over to the table and covered himself with something, I screamed along with him. "Why are you here Dara?! Aren't you supposed to be in heaven or something?!" 
 

It took a while for me to calm down, breathe...breathe...breathe.
 

Then it entered to me 'Dead?' I thought. "Am I dead?" I asked myself, I shook my head at him "I can't be... My Papa and Mama are waiting for me at home. I need to get back." I cried. "I don't like it here, everything is all weird and strange to me" tears were starting to fall in.
 

The man became confused all of a sudden, he straightened his back "Are you Park Sandara?" when he saw me nodding, he noticed that I had the same first and last name with his ex-girlfriend. "Tell me once again, who are you and tell me more..." he cautiously asked as he walked towards the behind the couch.
 

I wiped off my tears and introduced myself. I stood up straight and hands crossed in front of me "My name is Sandara Park. I am the princess of Joseon and soon to be the queen of my lovable country. My father is the king and my mother is a queen"
 

The man looked at me weirdly 'Are you kidding me?' he thought. "Are you okay Sandara? Joseon ended hundreds of years ago. You are in Seoul, Korea and we are in the year of 2013."
 

"No way..." I whispered, I placed my hands on my sides "You are joking right?! Don't tell me that I travelled time to the future because that is not possible!" 
 

The man scratched the back of his wet hair "I don't even ing know what I'm going to say or do"
 

"It can't be..." I muttered to myself. I gasped. The witch! This is all of her doing. I can't believe she did this to me.
 

-----
 

[GD's POV]

 

This is all too much to process in my head. . My head still hurts from all the drinking last night.
 

I sighed. She might have the same name and face as my butterfly but she is not my butterfly, definitely.
 

I heard someone putting on the passcode to my door. 'That must be TOP...' I thought. 
 

TOP opened my door and casually walked in, "Your food is here man" he walks in with the food in his side. He felt the tension in the air, he stopped his tracks and looked at me, I was staring at someone... He shifted his head and followed my gaze...

 

'3...2...1' 

 

"AHHH!!!" TOP was screaming his head off, despite his deep voice, he sounded like a girl. He ran over to me and asked "WHY IS DARA HERE?! SHE'S SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD! IS SHE HUNTING US? WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO THIS TIME GD?!"
 

I literally slapped myself in the head mentally and physically.

-----

I went to my bedroom to get dressed first. I left TOP in the living room with her.

"Are you a ghost?" he asked.

"No" she answered.

TOP sighed in relief then once again, silence occurred.

I got back to the living room and it was filled with awkwardness.

I told Sandara to sit down on the couch, I could tell she was hesitating at first but since we're the only ones who she know on this era, she had to trust us whether she likes it or not.

Me and my best friend TOP, sat on the table in front of her.

"Would you mind telling us the whole story on how you got...? Well here." I said.

"The king and queen wanted to arrange a marriage and I refused to do it so when It was time to meet him, I ran away or that's what I wanted to happen, I said to my descendants that I wanted to pick out a gift for him but then they sent 3 maids to come along. On the way, I saw this old lady on the street..." she stopped for a second, she didn't want us to think bad of her so she lied "she was scary old looking that's why we avoided her. We decided that it would be faster to get back if we all separated into twos then it started raining hard and lightning appeared, we looked for a shelter and we saw a house. Me and my other maid went in there to see if there was anyone to help but there was no one... We went inside a room; the maid decided to get help so she went off and left me alone... I fell asleep in the room and before I even knew it, someone was opening the door. I thought it was the maid but it was the... Old lady. She slowly transformed into a young lady. She touched me and then when I woke up... I saw all these monstrous looking object passing by, there were so many of them."

"I think she meant cars" I whispered to TOP who was confused.

"So I ran and ran until I got away from it... Then I found you" She looked at me. "I saw you getting out from those thing and you were obviously drunk on alcohol. I heard you calling for my name... Well at least a part of it so I thought you knew me. You were walking sloppily to your house and I followed you. Last word you said to me 'Goodnight, my butterfly' I didn't know what it meant but it seemed to have a really deep meaning.

TOP gave me a 'Oh-really?' look. I gave him a glare and he cowered back.

I looked at Sandara who is right in front of me and I just noticed that she was wearing the old clothes they used to wear back then... I gotta admit it looks legit.

"So what do you think?" I asked TOP.

"Honestly I don't know what to think right now. She looks like Dara and has the same name but at the same time we know that she isn't Dara, if that makes any sense. Just imagine how my girlfriend is going to react when she sees her" TOP gave me a trouble look.

"Who Park Bom...?" After seeing TOP reacted after she saw Sandara, maybe it would be best to hide her away from my friends to stay away from trouble. "That's easy. We keep her away from her and make this our little secret"

"Ummm... About that. I kind of told her to come here as well and she is going to come in any minute now" TOP lowered his head and prepared for the wrath that's coming ahead of him.

"WHAT?! WHO THE HELL SAID THAT YOU CAN BRING YOUR GIRL IN MY HOUSE?!" I stood up from my seat which startled both TOP and Sandara. "No girl has ever stepped here ever since... Dara died and you should know that"

"I know but Dara is also precious to us and we were planning to talk to you about her since you are obviously not over her death yet" TOP reasoned out.

I was red fuming. They all knew that anything related to Dara is a taboo word when it comes to me.

"Why are you yelling at my boyfriend GD?" a girl came out of nowhere said and slowly took off her sunglass. I immediately knew it was Bom. "It was my ide-Ooof" she was met by a hug... Which turns out to be Dara.

Me and TOP had our eyes widened and shifted our gaze back to the place where she was supposed to be sitting and back to her hugging Bom.

"Madam Park, I missed you so much. I swear to myself that I'm not going to escape anymore so please... Can we go back to our palace to meet Mama and Papa?" Sandara said while she was hugging Bom with her eyes watering.

"What the?" Bom looked at us in confusion but we didn't know what to say "Honey, her name is Sandara" TOP blurted out . "Sandara?" she chuckled "She has the same name as..." Bom didn't bother finishing the sentence when she saw GD's eyes.

She pulled away from Sandara and the next thing we know is that Bom was screaming and running around the house. Her voice is so loud, no wonder why she is the vocal of 2NE1.

"WHY IS DARA HERE?! SHE'S SUPPOSED TO BE IN HEAVEN! WHAT DID YOU DO THIS TIME GD!" Bom yelled out across the room. She was standing near the kitchen and I can tell she is not going to come near us anytime soon.

TOP chuckled to himself and he was questioned back by his girlfriend to what was funny "It's because that was the exact reaction and sentence of what I said"

"That's because you are my other half honey" Bom sweetly said to TOP. I pretended to vomit.

"Y-you have a boyfriend, Madam Park?" Sandara looks like she was about to cry. "You can't though; you still have to take care of me. Don't leave me." 

For a moment there, I thought she was glaring at TOP.

"You guys know each other?" me and TOP asked at the same time.

Bom was confused and tilted her head a little.

"No"

"Yes"

 

Here's chapter 5 ^.^ Sorry for not updating lately :( Been busy with my school. Don't forget to Subscribe & Comment.