Chapter 2: Runaway

Same Sky, Different Time

 

 

 

 

[Dara's POV]

"Ouch my eyes" I whined in pain.

I place both of my hands onto my eyes and they felt very hot compared to a normal temperature. But I’m not really surprised that it hurts, I knew this was coming judging by the fact that I did cry the whole night yesterday. I'm just lucky that my eyes were just faint red, NOT covered in fully red. I really didn’t need a mirror to know that my face was swollen. All I could just do was sadly sigh.

"Are you okay Gong Ju mama?" My descendants asked.

"Do you think I'm okay?! Yesterday I got scolded by my mother for being too stubborn...again. Then after that I heard a rumour that I will be getting married and it turns out it wasn’t just a mere rumour. My father, the king of Joseon specifically made an arrangement for me to be married with some random guy I haven’t even met. And then this whole night I spent myself crying over it so DO YOU THINK I'M OKAY?!" I said it all in one breath without stopping and now I am having troubles catching my breath.

Their eyes widened shocked to see me shout, it was very rare for me to lose my temper since I’m usually all happy go lucky. My loud voice made everyone took a step back and lowered their heads in fear. They were just concerned of my health.

I didn't mean to shout at them but after what had happened yesterday, it was just too much for me to handle. My mind is suffering from a headache and it hurts just by thinking of it. 

"Where is Madam Park? How come I don't see her anywhere around here? I thought she was supposed to take care of me?" Usually Madam Park is the person whom I talk to when I have emotional problems and she never fails to cheer me up. Being close and growing up with someone near your age is actually a good thing. She is the only one who understands of what I am going through, right now. It is a shame that my parents cannot be the one who I turn to. I guess it’s just part of the package of being a royal.

"Madam Park will be preparing all the things you will need for today, she will be here soon" one servant replied.

"Why? What is the occasion for today?" I asked.

"I can't believe you forgot the special occasion for today" someone gaspingly said, I looked for the source of that voice even though I knew who it was already. The door opened. I thought she will be alone but there are also many people who came in behind her. My eyebrows creased by itself when I saw each of them were holding beautifully stitched Hanboks and accessories from what I can see. They stopped in front of me and took a 90 degree bow.

"Oh good you are here" I stood up in delight "So what is the occasion? And Oooohhh... This hanbok looks so pretty and this accessory just perfectly suits me. Is this for my early birthday present? Because my birthday is still far from now" One by one I tried all the accessories, it matches me perfectly.

"Mama, I’m sorry to say but this is not a present for you. The Queen specifically chose these clothes for you to wear when you will meet your fiancé this afternoon."

"Oh right, it was today...." A part of my heart was disappointed of my mother. She can't have possibly agreed to this plan also, right? "Did my mother say anything else?"

"Now that you ask about it, she wants you to behave and be nice to your future husband."

"Oh is that all?" I said in disappointment, it was all written in my face, everyone can tell that I were expecting something else,

Madam Park just lowered her head.

I couldn't help myself but sigh deeply again. I went back to my desk where I was sitting before. "Is there anything that I can do to get away from this meeting for today? If only it was simple for him to reje-" an idea suddenly popped up in my head. Something evil.

"What is it Mama?"

"Oh" realizing all the maids were staring at me in confuse "It's nothing" I assured them.

But then they looked at me weirdly. 

"Really it is nothing special" I evilly grinned to myself. "Okay!" I felt the urge to suddenly rise up from my sit. "If the King and Queen really wishes me to attend this meeting and behave... then I will make sure I will leave my future husband a GOOD impression of me" 

"That is good Mama" Madam Park was shocked of seeing me to agree but then gradually she sighed in relief. At first she expected trouble but to her expectation.... Maybe this will be a smooth meeting than she thought it would be.

Aigoo!

If they only knew what was my true intention when I emphasized "GOOD".

*Mwuahahaha* I evilly laugh in my head.

====

After all the evil things I planned in my head... Here I was sitting in a room that is located in the mountains and surrounded by water. The only way to enter and exit this room is by taking the bridge that is connected to the room. I tell you, it was A VERY LONG BRIDGE. It took probably half an hour just to get here.

I thought I will be meeting up with that person in a house where there will be lots of servants working, and then I will have the advantages if that happened. My main plan was to humiliate him in front of people so he would reject this engagement himself and all the blame won't go on me, and that way I get to still have fun being single and find my actual prince charming. But my plan was ruined, the plan won't work now since I couldn't even see a single person from here.

I cursed in my head. The King and Queen knew me too well to know that I was up to something since according to them ‘I agreed too easily’ from their opinion. So they re-arranged the meeting place to a place where it is deserted by people, just to be safe or I might say, No escape.

"Great that is just great" I was being sarcastic, my shoulders dropped as I look for available ways to escape "Now how am I supposed to run away...? I'm all alone in this room. I feel so lonely."

There is nothing even to do here; no books, no mirror, no bed to lie on. This is just a plain room with open windows, there are foods in the table, 2 soft pillows for me and that person to sit on. 

Speaking of that person... When is he going to arrive soon?! I've been waiting for like an hour. He should be grateful that I wasted my time just to meet him and what do I get? I'm here waiting for his slow to come here and get this done and over it.

"Gosh! There is even no one to talk t- wait a minute.... I'm all alone, waiting for the guest and no one to talk to... AHA!" I evilly smiled to no one particularly.

"Change of plans" I'm so worked up now. I hastily stood up from my sit and quickly cross the bridge before that person actually gets here. It's been 2 minutes of walking and I still haven’t even reached half way of the bridge and I’m already tired. This will take a long time. "Let's just hope that he won't arrive in any minute now"

====

After all that walking, I wasn’t really that surprised that I was sweating all over the place in my body.

However from what I think... Heaven is favourably in my side. I made it to the end of the bridge without that person showing signs that he will be coming to meet me.

"Phew~" I wiped the sweat that was all over my body before it gets sticky. I looked back and I can't even see the room I was in earlier. "Wow! I'm surprised that I walked all that way" now my next step is... RUNAWAY!

Only if it was that easy. Sigh.

"MAMA what are you doing here?" all of my descendants including Madam Park came running at me. They were obviously surprise to see me.

'Time to act' I smirked inside my head.

"Well..." I fidget to my clothes. "…won't it be wrong if I meet up with my fiancé who travelled so far and I don't have anything for him in return so I plan to make him a...." I said in my cute low voice that I rarely use, I swayed my body from left to right to add to my beautiful acting.

"OMO! Gong Ju Mama... You're blushing in beet red" Madam Park teasingly said, all my other descendants giggled at her comment. 

"Oh am I?" I covered my red face with my hands. My face was truly red and very hot, all thanks for the long bridge which made me had to walk like 10 minutes straight.

"You wanted to make a present for him, am I right Mama?" Madam Park asked.

"Yeah if that is alright... It won't take me long. I PROMISE" I raise my right hand to pledge but secretly crossing my fingers behind my back "I want to leave a good impression if he will be my husband in the future".

"I understand Mama... These 3 girls would follow you and you can freely ask them for help if you need assistance" she pointed to the palace maids as they took a step forward.

"What about you Madam Park?" I asked.

"I will be staying here to wait for the nobleman to arrive and I will explain about your temporarily disappearance"

"Oh thank you... You are the best" as I pull her into a hug. "One more thing... Can you not tell him that I went out to make a present for him? I want this to be a surprise" 

She grins "Sure mama... Just make sure that you come back before the sun goes down" 

I pulled away from the hug and nodded at her. My lips automatically smiled to know that my plan is smooth working. "I will, don't worry" I assured her.

Madam Park was waving goodbye at me. 

I waved back as well "See you soon..."  as soon as I turned around "...Maybe" I whispered to myself.

"What was that Mama?" my descendants asked.

"Oh nothing.... Let's go before it  gets dark" 

And with that, I left the meeting place without knowing what was expecting to come and how much it will change my life.

 

 

 

I'll be updating tomorrow ^.^ the next chapter will be where she finally meets someone who shall not be named ;P  Let me know your opinions. Don't forget to Subscribe & Comment.