Chapter 3: Mysterious Lady

Same Sky, Different Time

 

 

 

 

[Dara's POV]
Once we were far away from Madam Park and the rest of my followers, where they can no longer see us, all that is left was me and my three annoying servants that I could not wait to get rid off… well they’re not really annoying but I just find them annoying in the since they are getting in my plan.

It was pretty easy escaping from that meeting house but now here comes the hard part, How am I going to run away when these three girls are on my tail, they keep following me wherever I go. If I take a step a little to the right, they will do the same. If I stop to pick up a leaf or something, they will look around asses the surrounds as if they were my bodyguards or something.

‘Why did she give me three servants instead of one? Isn't one enough already?’ I whined in my head. I deeply sighed ‘If only she can sense what my motive is and help me along the way, but then again she can't disobey the law because of my dad or should I say the king’ I could just not help but be sarcastic, I still hate my father for letting this happen. And I thought he loved me.

Now I'm trying to think really deep, to how I can shoo away these people without them noticing my real motive. This is giving me a big headache, I rubbed the back of my neck, no one was talking between us, and I can feel their eyes staring at the back of my head.

I'm still thinking deeply in my head while walking, not really aware of my surroundings, until when I bumped into someone...We both fell on our butts.

"MAMA?!" In a blink of an eye, all of my three descendants were already there beside me, ready to help me.

"Ah!" I winced from the pain, I stood up despite the pain I'm feeling in my right now. The first thing I did was, as soon as I can stand up properly, was to look for the person who caused me to fall down. "YAH! Who are you? Do you even know who I am, the person you bumped into?!" I spotted the person still lying down on the ground, I couldn't see her face, and her back was facing me.

The person spun around, I can see her face now, *Gasp* I heard from the three girls behind me, it was an old lady, I could tell she comes from a poor family, her clothes were ripped, her grey hair is messed up, wrinkles everywhere. She was having trouble getting up, the three girls behind my back wanted to help her, but I blocked their way and told them to back off. 

"We don't have much time, leave her, she can get up by herself" I ordered the three girls, their expression was mortified at seeing the old lady using all her energy to get up. We started walking away from her.

"P-please help me" we stopped walking and looked back at her, she was on the ground, crawling towards us.

It sent chills to my spine, it looked creepy to me. I saw one of my servant took a step forward, attempting to help her "YOU!" I shouted, she stopped immediately as soon as she heard my voice, "Didn't I say to leave her?"

"B-but she needs hel-" She stuttered in fear but before she can even finish her sentence, I yelled at her "I don't care if she needs help, are you seriously going to side with her? I thought your job was to always be in my side?" the other two girls looked at her, it was written all over their faces, they were telling her to not even bother to answer back and just come back here or else she's going to die.

She stood there in frozen, she kept looking back at her friends then to me then to that old lady, my temper is boiling as each seconds pass. She finally made her decision, she went back towards us, I was about to sigh in relief until she picked up a thick long wooden stick on the side of the road and rolled it beside the old lady, my eyes creased by itself. 

I saw her smile to that old lady as the old lady did the same, as soon as she turned back and faced me, she lowered her face, and she knew that she was in big trouble as soon as she saw my red-fuming-angry face. The three girls immediately formed back into a straight line, like what they were doing earlier, ready to follow me.

I shifted my eyes to that old lady, she took the stick beside her, in one swift movement, and she got up easily, without the wooden stick and...My eyes widened involuntary. None of my servants saw it since they were facing their backs at the old lady.

‘H-how did she just do t-that? And did she just smirk at me?!’ I gaspingly thought. I spun around and stomped all the way, away from that old woman's direction, she really was creeping me out.

"That old lady, bump into me first, she didn't even bother to apologize, does she even know who I am? She's lucky that my guards aren't here, or else her head might be even getting cut off. And I can't believe my own servant disobeyed me, she will surely be in big trouble!" I hissed under my breath. The three girls heard me hissed and now they even lowered their head even more, afraid that you will punish them. *They're lucky that I'm not doing anything despite me having my worst week in my whole entire life* 

Meanwhile, The old lady....

"That girl needs a big lesson" she whispered under her breath as she watch our backs walk away from her.

=====

We're now in the middle of the forest; trees were everywhere, animals making noises everywhere, green and brown leaves everywhere, and the sunlight shining beautifully through the trees.

The three girls kept reminding me that we only have little time to make the present "Relax, the sun is still up, and the weather looks perfectly fine to me so we don't really need to hurry" they seriously can’t get the reason why I was taking so long.

"But the person whom you're supposed to meet might be already there waiting for you in the meeting house and judging by the fact that we have been walking for a long time now, it's also going to be a long time to get back" One of the girls said, all of them weren't really worried about the sun or the weather, as long as they get back safely then it’s all good, but they will have to answer to Madam Park, she will scold each single of them for not following a simple rule, and that rule is to get back before the sun sinks down.

"Fine, we'll start gathering flowers here" 

One of the servant's jaw dropped "E-eh?! B-but you can't see any flowers around here, there are all..." we all examined our surroundings "Trees" all of us finished the sentence altogether.

Then a light bulb naturally came to me.

"Well then we better split up and better start looking for flowers if we want to get back before the sun sinks, don’t you think?" I said, my lips smirked by itself as soon as I heard them grunt in frustration. It will be a great chance to kill of some time.

"Okay, the two of us will have to look somewhere else, while one stays here with you Mama" one of the girls suggested the idea, it was a great suggestion, my eyes immediately landed on the girl who betrayed me and chose the old lady over me. The girls looked at each other and they were left with no choice but force her to stay with me.

I can see they're talking by their eyes, obviously the girl was complaining, it was all written on her face, it was all fear.

Sooner or later, she had to give up. The two servants walked to the west while me and the betraying girl looked around in the east.

I'm walking really slowly, while she's at the back following me behind, even without me looking behind, I know she was fidgeting with her fingers nervously "Am I really that scary?" I asked to break the silence, without looking back.

"P-pardon?" she yelped because of my sudden voice.

I turned around to face her, I chuckled just by looking at her "I said... Am I really that scary?"

"N-no, Gong Ju Mama" she stuttered, once she met my eyes, even if it was just a millisecond, she bowed her head back down.

"Don't lie..." I took a step forward, I saw her biting her lip "I'm sorry" 

"E-eh?" her head raised up in confusion.

"I'm sorry if I scared you" I gave her an assuring smile, "Earlier, I kind of snapped, since with all these going on, I'm kind of stressed right now especially with all of these going on.” I took a deep breath “Just yesterday, I found out that I'm going to be married with this guy who I haven't heard of nor seen, it was all too much for me" After saying it all out loud, I gotta admit it actually felt good, usually whenever I have problems I go to Bom but yesterday and including today, I haven't gotten the chance to talk to her about this whole marriage thing, so all the anger naturally built up inside me, I wanted to vent my anger to everyone I see who is happy for this arrange marriage, now I was finally able to let it all out, but on the other hand, the girl standing in front of me was shocked of my sudden actions.

She was expecting that I was going to kill her and bury her somewhere where no living human can see.

"It's alright Mama, you don't need to say sorry, I'm just a mere servant working in the palace, and as a matter of fact, you haven't done anything wrong for you to have to apologize to me" she said.

"So were okay, right?" I asked.

"Yes, Mama" she smiled and nodded.

"Okay, let's look for some flowers and get this done and over it so we can go back and meet my destiny" I said, she chuckled a little.

What she didn't know was, I was half-lying to her, apologizing and going back to meet my destiny was just a big fat lie, it was for me to have a clean name before I disappear into thin air, I don't want them thinking that I'm not entirely happy with this marriage, they will think that I ran away and probably lock me up when they catch me someday, at least one person should believe that I was ready to do this whole thing.

However, about me having stress about this marriage was not a lie at all.

Just as we were about to start walking, I felt a drop of water fall onto my cheek. I looked up and saw the dark clouds covering slowly covering the sun.

*That's weird, I'm pretty sure that it wasn't going to rain today...* I thought, I just shrugged my shoulders, *It's just rain, it's all good as long as it won't---* Then I heard a really loud--- "Thunder" I hissed under my breath.

Once it thunder claps again, I jumped so high, my whole body is practically shaking right now, and I’ve always been scared of thunders ever since I was a kid. I don’t know why but me and thunders just don’t get along.

"Are you okay, Gong Ju?" she puts her right hand onto my shoulder, her contact shocked me, I immediately slapped it away, My whole body is fully in alert right now.

"T-take m-me away from her, right NOW!" I ordered her, my voice kept shaking, I just want to get out of here.

The servant's eyes widened when she noticed that my body was shaking in fear, she was about to reach for my wrist and run away but judging by my condition, she knew I don't want to be touched right now. She's also panicking, she keeps looking out for available place to stay, as the thunder claps getting louder and louder, she finally noticed a possible wooden board, where it could lead into someone's residence. "Here, Gong Ju" she lead the way and I was closely behind her.

Every single time the thunder claps, I keep flinching, my shoulders kept jumping by itself and also my hands were tightly covering my ear. The wind was getting stronger and stronger. I’m not going to be surprised if a storm comes in.

As soon as we both saw the house, we ran faster than before. The house was old, trees was growing on the corner of the house. Suddenly my knees gave up on me, I fell on the ground, I protected myself from falling hard and landed in my arms,

"MAMA!" the servant went back, she helped me get up this time, but as she were getting me up my arm grazed into a sharp end branches that fell from the trees. I winced from the pain, it was bleeding, the cut was long but it wasn’t deep but it was deep enough to start bleeding. The rain was getting heavier and heavier in each seconds pass, the water was landing in my cut, which was causing it to hurt two times more than the normal, but after some time soon, I forgot about the pain.

The servant knocked on the door or should I say, banging the door in panic to see if there is someone inside "HELLO? IS SOMEONE INSIDE?!" she was now yelling. She opened the door when she found out it wasn't locked, she helped me getting inside, because of my jelly legs won't respond to how I want it to, and I was sitting down on the middle of the room, crouching, hugging my knees, in fear.

The servant looked for something that could at least warm me, she opened each drawer in a haste, she found something that could at least help you stay warm, she took the covers and places it in my shoulder, and in instant I immediately wrapped it around me.

"Mama... I don't think the rain and the thunder is going to stop soon, so I will go back to Madam Park and report to where you are right now" she stood up, I grabbed her wrist, she turned around, she knew I was scared "I'll get some help, don't worry, I'll come back soon , even before you know it" 

Before she can step outside the house, "W-what's your name?" I asked.

"My name is Chaerin, Lee Chaerin" she smiled at me.

"W-well... Chaerin, you better hurry and make sure to come back safely" I ordered.

"I promise" she gave me an assuring smile, I knew that she will come back, she waved goodbye then took a step outside.

I don’t know why but it feels like something bad is going to happen to me. The sky was clear and it did not shown any sign of a storm coming until now, why?

Now it was just me, all alone in the house, shouldn't I be happy right now? I’m all alone? This is the chance to escape now. But I'm too scared to even move a muscle. I clenched my teeth and force my eyes to shut, I shut myself out completely from the real world, I forced myself to not listen outside and try to keep calm until Chaerin comes back to save me.

=====

Eventually I found myself waking up after a short sleep. I looked up and I was still all alone, sitting in the middle of a dark room.

*Are the thunderclaps finish?* 

Then I saw a shadow behind the door. 

"Chaerin, is that you? Did you bring Madam Park?" I stood up from my seat, the covers are still wrapped around me with a relief smile in my face.

Then the door opened, you still can't see her face the dark sky outside wasn't helping at all.

She took a step inside the house, something about her didn't seem right "Is that you Chaer-"

A very bright flash interrupted me from speaking, your jaws dropped, your eyes widened and they were starting to tear, all of my hair stood up in fear. I took a step backwards.

"Y-you're not Lee Chaerin" 

"Hello Sandara Park, remember me?"

"Y-your t-that..." my voice choked "...old lady"

Then a blasting thunderclap soon followed.

 

 

 

I'm super happy that you guys like this story so far. I'll be updating next ^.^ the next chapter will be where she finally goes..... Secret ;P  Let me know your opinions. Don't forget to Subscribe & Comment.